IAM LOSONG MY MIND NOW...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so sorry for your loss...please do take care of yourself.

((hugs))

Liz M.

I'm so sorry. You are in our prayers.

Kim

No words can really help so will send my prayers.
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
May God bless you both and take you in his healing hands.

Angie

Oh Gosh. I surely hope she is ok. Sending more prayers.

It was not a mild stroke. I have (and have had for years) Mitral Valve Prolapse. A heart condition. Extreme stress and emotional turmoil will trigger it. It was not a panic attack "per say". I need to get some much needed sleep, try to relax and let go of what I can not change. No matter how hard I try, It will not change. The S & R thing is almost gone. I have had this happen before, just not this bad (when I found Donte`dead in the pasture). I have wellbutrin. I am very sorry if I scared you. The shaking is almost gone. I am focusing back on our babies and getting them well. I need to be there for them. Miranda will soon be giving us a bundle of joy, she can't hold out much longer. Dreamer needs our attention also. As does Sugar, Dayja and Cricket. Yes, we do have alot on our plate, but I am going to have to learn to let it out sometimes. The vet called this am. He is hoping this is contained to Dreamer, but one of his associates thought possibly brat Strangles. So we are diligently checking all the horses for bumps, none yet. Thank god. We are treating this as if it is. Better safe than sorry. Miranda is as big as a house! She is outside right now, she has been in her stall for 2 days, she needs to strech her legs. Dreamer is the same. Her swelling has not gotten any bigger, nor smaller. When the vet was here last night, he said if the swelling was not down by Monday he was going to lance it. I just hate that for her. You are a wonderful bunch of people! I hope one day for Art and I to meet you all at the Nationals in Tulsa. You won't miss us as we will have a black horse (Dreamer) trailing next to us...I need to go and check on my girls...Again thank you for all your support. Art and Theresa

Im glad you are ok!!! That is some scary shi.... stuff.

Im sorry about your loss I really liked that little mare.
default_sad.png

So glad it was not a stroke. Theresa, you and Art have so much on your plate right now. Just take your days minute by minute, hour by hour, as it can certainly be overwhelming. I hope Dreamer recuperates quickly from whatever this is - and as my vet told me about Peanut (who foaled at 340 by the way), "Miss Barbie, just relax. This mare is going to foal when she is good and ready." I guess he was right.

Please take care of yourself - I know it is hard, but you need to get some sleep (I know Art needs it too).

My prayers continue to come your way.

Barbie

Theresa, I am holding you and your family (horses and people) in my prayers....

I am so sorry. I am glad you are feeling better.

I wanted to share a thought that I have always found comforting.

The only thing worse than losing BumbleBee would have to have never have known her at all.

Take Care, Emma

Theresa,

I am SO relieved to see here that you did not have a mild stroke. Whew.

I do hope Miranda gives you a beautiful little bundle soon to bring along a bit of happiness.

Take Care Friend. You know where I am if you need me.

Im so very very sorry for your los of a beautiful mare, RIP BEE....
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
so very sad

Theresa, Thankfully your ok!

Theresa,

Thank goodness you are feeling better - you have certainly had enough stress, I just know that Miranda will soon give you a beautiful, precious foal!

Emma what a beautiful thought -

The only thing worse than losing BumbleBee would have to have never have known her at all.

Take Care, Emma

I went to a small mini show this afternoon, couldn't stop thinking of you Theresa. Went to a wedding this evening couldn't stop thinking of you again. Home now and so relieved to hear you are Ok. Thank the Lord you are a very strong person. You have a great spirit in you! You have inspired me to no end with your determination and outlook on life. I have learned something really special about life from you. I want to thank you.

Also the love and comfort from the people on this forum is unsurpassible.

Theresa you will remain in my prayers and thoughts as well as dear Dreamer, Miranda and the rest of your brood.

God bless

Theresa, I am so very sorry for all that you and Art have been going through. I have followed the posts but haven't really posted. You have all been, and will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Bumble Bee was an adorable mare and I hope you find answers.

I am so glad that you went to the doctor and are okay. Your poor bodies are taking such a beating, both physically and emotionally so I hope you are doing your best to take care of yourselves. I also hope you have support from friends and family close by.

Wishing and praying for the best for you and yours.

Rebecca

Theresa I am so glad that it was not a mini stroke. You sounded a lot better in your last post. But I know only too well what total exhaustion can do to a person, both in mind and body, so try to take some time for yourself and Art, even if it is only to go sit out in the paddock together and just relax for half an hour while watching your little ones.

As mentioned earlier on here Rescue Remedy is wonderful stuff to have around, wouldnt be without it myself, both for me and my animals. Great for any sort of stress, shock, worry etc etc. 4 or 5 drops in a glass of water, sipped throughout the day, helps to keep you on an even keel. 2 or 3 drops on the tongue or rubbed round an animals gums for emergencies, can even be rubbed behind an animal's ears or on it's skin and will help. Many humans and animals about to succum to 'death' from shock after an accident have been saved by Rescue Remedy. It is amazing stuff and quite safe in all circumstances.

I was thinking about Dreamer and just wondering if she has a 'simple' infection from the results of the tubing. I dont feel it is strangles, and I am pretty sure you would have to have seen signs of proper strangles before any one developed brat strangles as this is by and large quite rare. I may be totally wrong here, it is just my opinion. It is just that from what you said about her bleeding from that nostril must surely mean that she had had a 'nick'/open cut somewhere along her windpipe, therefore she was open to a secondary infection to develop?

My prayers are continueing for you and Art, and of course for Dreamer and Miranda, and all your other little ones. You are an inspiration to us all.

God Bless.

Anna

Latest posts

Back