I will never be able to repay this

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justaboutgeese

Reaction score
Today started out bad then got worse but ended in a way that could never have been imagined in my wildest imagination. We started with a foot of fresh snow (and I have a long driveway). The a "courtesy" call from my wifes lawyer offering a fast cash settlement and he was mailing the details. I suggested he save the stamp. A half hour later my (ex)wife called saying how badly she wanted to settle this quickly. The call lasted about ten minutes but did not help her cause much. Funny how much I noticed she was badly in need of her medication but thats her problem. At that point wondering if what I had done was right, second guessing myself, getting further depressed over what has transpired over these last two month I was certainly right back at the bottom of the emotional pile again. For me is was Oct 12th all over again.

A knock on my kitchen door surprised me (drive was still full of that foot of snow). I pulled back the curtain and could not tell who was there. All that was visible was a pair of legs holding a pile of boxes over his head. My mailman had pulled into the drive then trudged through the snow with all of this. He said there were more at the post office he did not have room in the van for them. In addition he had the rest of my mail under his arm. I did not have a clue as I carried the load to the table. None of the names were familiar but they were in fact all addressed to me. As I open the cards it hit me that these were from forum members. You people are sure good at making the tears well up in my eyes. This was just the start as the table was piled high with boxes of all sizes big and small from all over the place (including the hometown of our favorite hobbit as she calls herself). This undertaking took some time to complete because the pile in front of me was huge. It was virtually impossible for me to read the names on the cards or the return addresses I kept trying but they were all blurred. As I continued the names became clear then blurred again. This went on through the entire process.

All of you have no conception of what this has meant to me. Here I was back at square one emotionally again then this happened. If this was planned it could not have come on a day when it was needed (or appreciated more). Just a day or so ago I commented on Demimors thread how the forum people get together and give support to people in their time of need. Little did I know what was in store for me. I can never hope to give back anything close to what has been given to me this day. Yes I spent most of the afternoon with tears filling my eyes but they didn`t hurt the way all the others did. I have no way to respond other than to thank you all from the bottom of my heart and wish all of you the best for the holiday season. God Bless each and every one of you.

My special thanks to Spotted Pony girl. She has to qualify for sainthood in my opinion. This young lady has taken it upon herself to start this ball rolling and deserves to be held in high regards for her selfless nature. Its to bad I did not marry a woman with her qualities.

Vic as I have told you, you are surrounded by many Angels. Yes, Spotted Pony Girl is your culprit that put it all together, your head angel let's say. And for her, she is amazing to have under taken this project to cheer you.

I'm the resident cry baby here, you know how I cry for happy or sad every day....well, this time I am happy that you are finally crying tears of joy for a change. You deserve happiness. This is the season of JOY and you are on the road of finding that JOY right now! I am so happy for you!

Now, Vic, I"m afraid that you left out what I thought was the best part!

PLEASE do tell everyone what you are doing with the cards, and where it is you are going tomorrow and tell everyone what you are getting......PLEASE!

I have put the cards I have already recieved on the door casing of my livingroom where I can sit and look at each and everyone of them.

Tomorrow I am going to go get my granddaughter and we can come back here and cut down one of my (ex) wifes trees ornamental trees ( I do not think she will complain about it) so we can hang all of these new decorations on them. With the foot of fresh snow it might just start feeling like christmas around here.

Yea!! Please tell us, pretty please....are you getting a tree?

I am sorry you had such a rough start to your day, but I am certainly happy that we could help put a smile on your face to finish out the day!

Now make sure you are eating, I am still worried about you!!
wub.gif

[SIZE=21pt]YES![/SIZE]

HE'S DECORATING WITH THE CARDS!!!!!

AND HE'S GETTING HIS TREE !!!!!!!!

YIP YIP YIP

Timmy says to tell you: GOD BLESS YOU MR. GOOSEMAN !!!!!

Dearest Vic, we DO have a concept of what it means to you and that's why we did it! I hope you got my card! I wanted to send a gift too, but.....found myself short.

We all care and love you! We hope you find happiness. Take care of YOU
yes.gif

Have a blast cutting down that tree! Heck, cut down two and use one for a toasty fire to roast marshmallows! And decorate the other.

{{{{Hugs}}}}

Dearest Vic, You sound so much better! Bravo to you!!!!! And to this forum!!!! I am in on it but my gift is still here in the box, bad girl that I am, I didn't get it mailed yet so it will be late I fear but you will like it Mr Geese:)

Now work yourself up to a mini Christmas feast of sorts for us ok? And give those girls hugs for us! Maxine

giveup.gif
Yup, I surrender. But now don't go calling me Names... Saint, Head Angel, psssshh. I am simply someone who cared and had lots of time on her hands.

REO, Marty, Dinimore, Fizz, & Justanothercowgirl were also way In on it, and I refuse to be the head anything!
wub.gif
Ha so there!

No, in all honesty, if it we not for the huge hearts on this forum, many of whom know neither of us from adam, but who were willing to go that extra bit.... They are the angels and saints. Me? I am an organizer with a Very unhappy Yahoo mail box
wacko.gif
biggrin.gif

I truly hope that this out pouring of love from all us crazy mini people gives you support and strength thoughout this rough spot in your path. Remember, it's a darn long way to go, but now you know you have hand rails!
saludando.gif

Go chop a tree down and decorate, (then show us pic's PLease!!!) and to *&%% to those to butt H@!#$ for pestering you. ( Sorry sorry, protective instinct coming out!
wink.gif
)

You don't owe anybody anything, espically me, asides getting up, dusting yourself off as best you can, and living again... That would be all the thank you's in the world!!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

(Oh and P.S. my boyfriend is way jealous,
wink.gif
he says he has to fix fences and rub my back to get this kind of treatment from me!
wub.gif
Silly man....
rolleyes.gif
)

Now quick, Off to decorate with you!!

Edited to add, I think Vic's new name should be Mr. Goose....Whadda you guys think??

Last edited by a moderator:
You certainly have been on an emotional roller coaster today, Vic! I'm so happy that the cards and gifts have lifted your spirits. And I'm sure having your granddaughter with you will make you feel good, too.

I hope you'll take some photos sometime of all the treasures you've received and post them for us.

In different ways and for different reasons, I'm pretty sure we all have a good idea of what all this means to you. Many of us have been the recipients of the love and good will of the Forum members.

Bless your heart!

Save some room on that tree--another one coming your way yet. I'm just behind--haven't done my cards or decorating yet. Hopefully this weekend!

HEY there Mr. Goose what are friends for anyway........and for the record I read your post to my hubby and even he started to get teary.......he had no idea what all of us on the forum had been up to...he was quite shocked that this silly forum I spend all this time on could be responsible for something like this.......

I really wanted to send some very fattening food but customs and all that.....so it will be a little something else
wink.gif
keep checking your mailbox mister
biggrin.gif

Dear Vic, I am so glad your day turned around for you. You have a package coming from Arizona, they promised you would get it before Christmas.
yes.gif

Several people had asked me why I would shop and ship a present to Canada for somebody I didn't even know?
unsure.gif

I had two answers for that.

1.) you are family
yes.gif

2.) Thats what Christmas is about
wub.gif

Now tell your lawyer to contact "her" lawyer and tell both of them, "if they want to get in touch with you , they are to go through him/her."

Robin
saludando.gif

Merry Christmas Vic!!! our repayment is getting to read your posts and hoping we made you smile for a minute

Kay

I'm with Kay Kay --- this thread is "payment" enough.

So happy to see that things arrived when you "needed" them!!!

I believe there is "more stuff" on the way.

Merry Christmas --- hug your grand daughter for us -- cut down that tree and have a GREAT TIME doing it!! and please please please take pictures.

I want to see a picture that is TOO BIG for the forum!! a HUGE ONE please.

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

JJay

Back