I received a big shock this week

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Mom tells me all the time how she can't believe she has three kids that are 40, 35 and 33 years old and how fast we grew up.

I started late having my kids. I'm 40 and have a 4 1/2 year old and our youngest will be two next month. My parents gave me a suprise birthday party a few weeks ago.... I sat there thinking how my Mom is only 58. We aren't that far apart in age..... and then thinking how my kids and I have such a huge age difference. Sometimes that's hard to handle. They are growing up so fast already and I'm not getting any younger. I think about when my youngest graduates from high school I will be a little older than my Mom is now. I hope I act as young as she does.

At my party my mother could pretty much out dance, out hoola hoop, out limbo everyone there.
default_smile.png

Kim

P.S. I was a horrible teenager. My parents divorced when I was just starting my pre-teens.... through the years my mom and I have become very close. At my party she gave some baby clothes that were found in my grandmothers attic recently. One of the outfits was my coming home from the hospital dress. There were outfits of my brothers as well. She thought they were all lost in a house fire we had years ago. She spent many hours cleaning them to give to me. It was so special to have them and to see her remembering each and every outfit really warmed my heart.. Each year I grow even closer and so thankful for every day with her.

My DS is now 19 years old. I still remember him in diapers with chubby little legs, time really does fly!

Of course... he thinks us parents should stay the same age and never grow old.
default_laugh.png
I wish!

I know exactly how you feel. My little girl so young and inocent, wanting to lay next to Mom on the couch, read me a book mommy turned 14 Saturday. Now it's a struggle to get a descent hug out of her.So sad that they grow up so fast. I remember cleaning out her closet this fall and finding all these little books we use to read together and crying because I knew I'd never read them to her again.
default_no.gif
I say keep those books set on her and make her listen. Record them somehow and sneak them into her Ipod then turn it on. I don't no it is certainly harder to deal with for us than them.

Yeppers. now im sooo old now. lol. a whopping 28 yo. omg. im thinking how did this happen already... thanks mama..

default_laugh.png
I AM NOT OLD...I am NOT old...I am NOT ummmm...what was it we were talking about?
default_wink.png
I have 10 grandkids & 1 Great grandchild and have found out in the last 2 weeks I will be a grandma for #11 & another great granchild to make it #2
default_new_shocked.gif

Well, I just found out i am going to be a Grandma for the first time.
I'm expecting my first grandchild in February - I am SO excited!!!!!, Just can't figure out how she got old enough (28) to have a kid?

OLD, Whats OLD????? Yea, right. My oldest son is 35 with 4 girls ages soon to be 12 to 3. My youngest son is 33 almost 34 with two step sons 21 and 15 and their son is 8. To top it off I got a call from my daughter-in-law that her oldest son announced she is going to be a grandmother and that will make me a step-great-grandmother--no, no, that can't be happening
default_wacko.png
default_new_shocked.gif
. I'm not ready for this!!! I think I'll stop at 55 - no more birthdays for me.
default_smile.png
default_wink.png
default_laugh.png

OMG'd I'm 57.... I have a 31 year old daughter, 2 grandkids and my son who died in a motorcycle accident back in 1998 would be 40 this year. I've always gotten away with looking younger but it's catching up with me now..... Oh how I HATE getting older. I have to much to do!!!!!! I WANT the birthdays for the

"presents" but NOT the AGE!!!!!! SIGH!!!!!! TJ

Your shock? Imagine her shock! My 25th and my 30th birthdays were hard to swallow. Shoot, half the time I forget how old I am!

Remember...with age comes wisdom!

I sometimes think it would be nice to have that young hot body again...but I'm a much happier person now that I have experience and stability...which only comes with age!

[SIZE=12pt]Life has a funny way of catching up to you when you least expect it....[/SIZE]

I can now look in a mirror and see my own grandmother looking back at me instead of me seeing myself. So needless to say I rush right out to the grocery store to purchase a box of YOUNGER me. Thank goodness for L'Oreal Hair Color.

Obviously, that's only a quick remedy since while I'm trying to color my hair I can actually hear very distinctly in the background four tiny granddaughters calling my name which is now become GRANDMA to my surprise. So, back to reality.... Ha!

That's life though..... and I thank god for every moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
My baby is 19 and he doesn't want to play with me anymore! Its so sad! I hate it. All I did forever seems like was play with my kids. Play, play, play. Suddenly, nobody wanted to carve pumpkins anymore. Nobody wanted to go see Santa Claus with me anymore, nobody wanted to play ball with me, climb trees with me, go hiking with me, go swimming with me, play music or dance with me anymore. What is wrong with everyone??????? This is so crappy! I still want to play! I"m lonely up here. Heck, I even miss the parent pick-up line.

I never thought I would see the day when I would say "I want to be a grandmother" but I think that day has come.

[SIZE=14pt]I would raise my sons all over again. I LOVED it. They are all unique and come with their own set of problems but hey isn't that call growing up? [/SIZE]

But now I am a grandma..what kids???? Being a Grandma is the BEST!

[SIZE=18pt]The only thing I struggle with is now I am sleeping with a Grandpa! :DOH!
default_wub.png
default_laugh.png
[/SIZE]

Child is grown up. Dang! So then I decided that is why I have Fur Kids. OMG! Jasmine and Jimmy are both 17yo this year. Ariel is 16yo this year. Even Freddie is 8yo this year. Are you kidding me. There is Teddie and Lilo. It's fun to watch them go rolling and chasing each other. Constantly attacking each other. Lilo lays in wait ready to pounce when Teddie walks by. He can in fact be very intimidating when he hunches up ready to pounce. Then he will lay straddled on Teddie viciously cleaning his face. When Teddie tries to move then Lilo bites him instead. Even Jerry and Diego have grown up and Bubba is now 12 or 13yo can't remember exactly what year we acquired him. And as everyone knows my little piggy is gone and is ordering the mini horses around at the rainbow bridge. Oh and by the way he is probably squealing on them like he did Duckie here. Even the foals are older than I thought. Koda is 4yo this year and Duckie is 7yo. It's all crazy how fast time flies. It is now breaking the sound barrier.

Its hard to believe...

Chip, who adopted me when he was almost a two year old, will be 8 in May. EIGHT! OMG where did the last 7 years go?!

My dear Sandi, although she doesnt show her age even in the slightest, will be 10 real soon.

And come April, Rebel will be a yearling...
default_new_shocked.gif
He was just born yesterday, wasn't he?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Then on to the others who I dont own anymore, but still hold a special spot in my heart...

Nemo...6 years old...same as Flash...

Tango and Rosa...9 years...
default_no.gif

Wow wow wow

Last edited by a moderator:
My baby is 19 and he doesn't want to play with me anymore! Its so sad! I hate it. All I did forever seems like was play with my kids. Play, play, play. Suddenly, nobody wanted to carve pumpkins anymore. Nobody wanted to go see Santa Claus with me anymore, nobody wanted to play ball with me, climb trees with me, go hiking with me, go swimming with me, play music or dance with me anymore. What is wrong with everyone??????? This is so crappy! I still want to play! I"m lonely up here. Heck, I even miss the parent pick-up line.I never thought I would see the day when I would say "I want to be a grandmother" but I think that day has come.
Marty, I say that all the time...LOL (yet, I'd knock my kids upside the head if they became parents this young....20 and 21....LOL!!) I miss my kids being little and playing Barbies with my daughter or playing racecars with my son...*sigh*...yet I see them as adults and am sooo proud of how they are grew up to be such amazing people!
default_wub.png

(BTW, I can't believe Dan is 19!!
default_new_shocked.gif
)

Latest posts

Back