I really need some prayers and good thoughts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am absolutely thinking of you and praying for you this morning. I do think you will feel better after the appointment. Can't wait until you post back when you get home.
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

Joyce

Jill, will be thinking good thoughts for you today. Looking forward to a good update this afternoon.

Thinking of you Jill.

'Knowing' is the best thing you will get from your appointment

today.

It is the unknown that is so frightening. Once you know you

can do whatever needs to be done.

Hang in there, there are lots of people thinking of you.

Just got home from the appt with the pulmonologist. They did lung function tests and she showed me my pictures even though I started crying and said I didn't want to see (way to go, Jill). My lung function was 65%! But she said that's not that bad.

She thinks I do have lung cancer, and she told me the kind, but I forget. But this is a very slow growing, very treatable, very good prognosis situation. I asked her that repeatedly and she kept saying very good prognosis. It's this certain kind that is apt to happen to women my age who haven't smoked. The CT scan shows it only in this one place (upper lobe) but there is consolidation or whatever of the lung around it. This is small compared to my lung, not maybe even 15% of that lung in terms of the consolidation, however, it is probably effectimg how much air I can take in. This maybe explains a lot of my "tiredness" the past couple of years really. So yay -- maybe I'm not just lazy.

There will be a bronchospy (sp?) biopsy Tuesday morning, then I will see her Friday afternoon for results, though she's indicated already what she thinks it is. If it's what she thinks, obviously, it must come out. If they can take it out "with a camera" (too dumb to grasp this concept), I'll be in hospital for 3 days. If regular surgery, about 5 days.

Usually no chemo (sp?) is even needed for this. It is like so slow growing, and unlike a lot of lung cancers, not likely to spread to other parts of the body.

Bright side is that maybe they can get it out, and I can have fuller lung function! Some test showed my body is getting oxogen all around good or pretty good. It's a blur.

This morning, I never would have thought she could tell me she thinks I have lung cancer, and I'd feel the weight of the world off my shoulder but that is how I feel. She thinks I'll be around for a long time. One of her first patients ever had this same things she thinks I have and she is totally fine 10 years later.

Thank God!! I'm getting all teary-eyed here Jill. You poor thing. God, I can only imagine the emotions you've been going through.

Jill said:
There will be a bronchospy (sp?) biopsy Tuesday morning, then I will see her Friday afternoon for results, though she's indicated already what she thinks it is. If it's what she thinks, obviously, it must come out. If they can take it out "with a camera" (too dumb to grasp this concept), I'll be in hospital for 3 days. If regular surgery, about 5 days.
She probably means with a laproscopic surgery. They'll make several small incisions in your body instead of one very large one and work through a tiny little camera and some little robotic tools to remove the growth. Recovery is much faster because they only had to make tiny incisions and didn't have to open your ribcage or anything scary like that so they can see the tumor themselves. Laproscopic surgery is goooooood.

Leia

You know how I feel. The unknown was much worse than knowing. Thank God it is what it is! Now you can get on with the business of taking care of business and getting on with your life! Have a nice dinner with H and relax. Again......you will be OK!

Jill I've been thinking about you. I'm so glad that you had this checked and got the news you did today. Feel better and relax. Like Vertical Limit said...now you can get this taken care of and go on with breeding and enjoying all those wonderful little horses!!!!

Wow, the roller coaster ride you have been on is really something, Jill!
default_ohnoes.jpg

You have been in my thoughts and prayers every day. I am SO glad the doc was able to give you this information today and let you come away feeling that you will be FINE when it's all said and done!!!

Hi Jill

I am glad you got some answers today. Now you can move on and get that out of your body!
default_aktion033.gif

My dad had this in 1997 and will be 65 in 2010 and doing great. It's sounding alot like the same type of cancer your dealing with now. They operated on dad and successfully removed the cancer from his right lung....it was a small amount removed. He also wasn't a smoker. He took no chemo as the doctors at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN...did not remomend it for this type of cancer. He had a very good prognosis because it was detected early like yours.

He is healthy today and his lung function has not bothered him. He breathes completely normally and if anything his lungs are stronger since the operation.
default_yes.gif

He is a diabetic like you and lives a completely normal life since his lung surgery.
default_yes.gif
Early detection saved his life!

I am VERY Optomistic for you Jill. I know things are gonna be ok for you! Medicine has gotten so good Jill....way better than when dad had to have surgery. It just amazes me and it gives me such peace of mind to know it's there to help you and others.

Prayers continued for you and your family!

Just got home from the appt with the pulmonologist. They did lung function tests and she showed me my pictures even though I started crying and said I didn't want to see (way to go, Jill). My lung function was 65%! But she said that's not that bad.
She thinks I do have lung cancer, and she told me the kind, but I forget. But this is a very slow growing, very treatable, very good prognosis situation. I asked her that repeatedly and she kept saying very good prognosis. It's this certain kind that is apt to happen to women my age who haven't smoked. The CT scan shows it only in this one place (upper lobe) but there is consolidation or whatever of the lung around it. This is small compared to my lung, not maybe even 15% of that lung in terms of the consolidation, however, it is probably effectimg how much air I can take in. This maybe explains a lot of my "tiredness" the past couple of years really. So yay -- maybe I'm not just lazy.

Usually no chemo (sp?) is even needed for this. It is like so slow growing, and unlike a lot of lung cancers, not likely to spread to other parts of the body.

Bright side is that maybe they can get it out, and I can have fuller lung function! Some test showed my body is getting oxogen all around good or pretty good. It's a blur.

This morning, I never would have thought she could tell me she thinks I have lung cancer, and I'd feel the weight of the world off my shoulder but that is how I feel. She thinks I'll be around for a long time. One of her first patients ever had this same things she thinks I have and she is totally fine 10 years later.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is GREAT news Jill!!! I am so happy for you that the prognosis is so good!! I know it must be HORRIBLE to hear they think you have cancer, but if there is any kind to get, it sounds like you got one of the "better" ones!! (not that ANY Caner is better, but I mean slow growing and with a good outcome!)Thanks for the update...have been thinking of you, and am sending continued prayers for you.

Jill,

I'm so glad that you now know what you're dealing with, and that it is something easily dealt with!

Here's to getting that thing out, regaining full lung function, and moving ahead -- onward and upward!

How are you blood sugar levels with all of the stress you've been through? I know I don't need to say this, but keep a close eye on all of that. Remember that your oncologists and surgeons, though experts in their specialties, may know less about diabetes than you do.

Great to hear that this is probably very treatable. My sis' wife's mom had lung cancer twice (the smoker's kind) and is still around and is healthy 10 years later. It's amazing how treatable cancers are nowadays if caught early enough. You're going to be just fine...
default_biggrin.png

Wonderful news, Jill!!

I'm a real worrier too, so I am relieved for you!!

Susan O.

I am so happy to come home and hear the good news Jill
default_biggrin.png
I sure have been thinking of you and "H". I know you have still got to be a little scared, but the doctor sounds very positive, and thats GREAT NEWS .

Thinking of you,

Linda K

Awesome news, Jill, awesome -- I am soooo happy and relieved for you!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Liz R.

Latest posts

Back