I really need some prayers and good thoughts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jill, You sound so much better! It is nice to have answers, even if they are not always what we want. This sounds so good though! I worked 6 years in the OR, the camera is neat, and recovery so much faster, so I hope they can do it that way. Either way, it is noce to know it will soon be over and after you heal you will feel so much better.

So happy to see this update!! Never thought I'd say that to someone who just got a cancer diagnosis, but in this case. . . much better than most of the alternatives!

[SIZE=14pt]Hang in there JILL...
default_yes.gif
....you can beat this and we'll be sending prayers your way.
[/SIZE]

default_pray.gif

HUGS and BLESSINGS

Jenny and Mel

I am so happy that the prognosis is well for you so just hang in there and sending you all my prayers

Thank you, everyone!!!
default_wub.png

I know "relieved" and "lung cancer" rarely fit in the same sentence, but they do in this situation!!!
default_yes.gif

I've been worried really all year about this inflammatory indicator in my blood and just pressing my doctors for "why", so since the infectious disease doctor I was referred to (really because no one else could figure what it might be), told me last Friday about the lesion, the worry / panic / despair has been crushing
default_no.gif

Dr. Google kept giving me this statistic about lung cancer and it goes like +/- 6mos prognosis and less than 1% alive in 5 years -- so that is what I thought my news would be. I sincerely had not a shred of hope the Pulmonologist would give me any news yesterday that would relieve me and figured it was likely the news she'd give me would just confirm what I've been so scared about
default_unsure.png

Phew!!! I cannot say that loud enough -- PHEW!!! Oh, hey............ maybe I'll say it louder when "it" is out and I have better lung capacity
default_biggrin.png

And, I can enjoy the horses again (and probably more so eventually if I have more lung capacity). Since this worry, I couldn't think of them and not think about how would H disperse, as he should w/o me. He loves the horses but w/o me, he'd not be breeding or wanting to show. He'd just want some of them as pets. And while he loves and cares for them, to put some of it in perspective, our three Buckeroo perlino girls, Double, Bomb Shell and Sweetie, he calls "those white ones." I was wondering if and how Erica could counsel him on selling if he maybe didn't even know which was which horse in some cases
default_wacko.png
Been worried about him having to deal with that and about the future homes of the horses if I didn't live and that made it really not possible for me to deal with the horses the past couple of weeks (and also with the lung thing, now H is having none of me helping for now -- but hugging and granting of cookies is permissible and something I now want to do!)
default_smile.png

Probably I'll be some nervous before the bronchoscopy on Tuesday morning, but I asked Dr. Foley already about a sedative as soon as they hook up the IV. I told her (edge of my seat) how when I had miscarriages and had to have D & C's, they'd give me something before the stuff you get for the procedure to take my edge off and she said "oh yeah, I think we'll be giving you that too." I must have come across as just a touch intense
default_rolleyes.gif

I won't be looking forward to the surgery and will hope it can be done laparoscopically. I think maybe what she sees during the bronchoscopy will give a clue or the answer as to the type of surgery this would be. It's all kind of a blur from being stunned to hear what my lung function actually is to learning the doctor thinks I'm gonna be around a long time... So I will probably find out some little more on Tuesday and a lot more when I meet with her Friday afternoon
default_smile.png

Thanks again, everyone, for the amazing support and prayers. LB has been there for me before and sure was this time, too. It means so much
default_wub.png

Jill

Last edited by a moderator:
Jill I was hoping it was just a bad film, but this news is better than some of the alternative things. As I said on FB this sounds exactly like the cancer my Mom had a few years ago and she came through with flying colors. I too have had Laproscopic cardio-thoracic surgery (4 times) with pieces of my upper lobes of my lungs stapled off and removed. It is a rough surgery but I know you will be fine..you are tough. ((Big hugs)).

Be sure and keep us updated...I will still be praying.

jill, this is just fantastic news!!! SO very happy to hear this is treatable and even curable. i can't even imagine the relief you must have felt. lots of good thoughts and healing prayers going out to you.
default_smile.png

Glad to hear your prognosis is great! Now to hurry up and get this thing out so you can go on with your life!<<hugs>> I am so happy for you that it isn't like you worried about.

I am so happy that while it's never "good" news to have cancer....it IS very good news that you have a very treatable/curable type!!! Yay!!! My boss's dad had that type, had surgery and is fine now!
default_yes.gif

Will continue to have good thoughts for your biopsy and the surgery as well! You'll do great!
default_smile.png

Jill, I was so happy to hear your good news. I know hearing the "C" word is horrible, and the stress you have been through...but hearing that is it slow growing and VERY treatable is fantastic. I knew you would handle this one head on, and be the strong woman we all know you are, ...and I wont even mention the relief you must be feeling. Keeping you in my prayers.

Corinne

I'm so pleased to hear that what you are dealing with is pretty much straight-forward and fairly simple to fix. What a relief! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers too. {{{hugs}}}

Thanks ladies!!! I just feel so releived. I know that might sound crazy given what this is called, but if you're going to have "it", this kind the pulmonologist thinks I have is the kind to get.

Today feels like the best day I've had in ages and I did "nothing" really at all. Talked on the phone, looked at the internet, hung out with H, watched the fish, took a nap... H went to a cookout at his parents while I was asleep and he'll be home soon (with some fish stuff to boot).

It just feels like the weight of the world has lifted.

Tomorrow, I have a telephone appointment with a nurse from the hospital I guess to go over stuff for the bronchospy on Tuesday morning. I maybe a little nervous about that but not too much. The doctor gave me a brochure on it but I haven't and may not read it. I know I did that before my first D & C (for a miscarriage) and then was up all night crying because I was so scared based on the diagrams I saw!

Just looking at it as one step closer to getting this behind me and maybe feeling better than I realized I could
default_smile.png
And, you know... When I did have to have the D & C's, the nurse always gave me "something" in my IV as soon as they hooked it up to knock my anxiety back about 100 notches and I told the doctor who said I'd get that (like based on how "intense" I already came across was the impression I got). So, I know that the faster they check me in and hook me up, the faster I'll not have a care in the world
default_yes.gif

Wow, that's 14 pages of all kinds of emotions and fears that I have just read! I'm sorry I didn't read your thread earlier so I could have sent my best wishes your way sooner.

You are a fighter Jill. You'll be feeling on top of the world in no time, I'm sure of it.

xox Leonie xox

You are one lucky woman and a smart cookie for pressing your docs to find out what was up with your fatigue and breathing symptoms. So many people and doctors chock it up to old age. I am not glad to hear of what you have to endure in the coming months but am glad that you have a fighting chance. You will need a lot of strength and loving support and I am sure that H will be there for you 150%. He is such a good man and you are so lucky to have a guy like that. My prayers will be with you all the way. Stay strong and love up on your minis, frogs, dogs and fish!!

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and saying a prayer! I'm glad to hear they think it's an "easy" one to cure....but you're right, anytime the "C" word is mentioned it scares the bejesus out of you!

Oh Jill,

Just caught up on your posts here and don't blame you for being scared &H$*less at all. However, you are a very strong person and you will do just fine!!! Have any kind of 'it', is not a good thing, however, you DO need to find out what kind- and what cell type, and narrow your searches down to just that. A lot of the other crap does NOT have a good prognosis and will make you even more upset by reading it.

After what we have gone through since January, I have a couple of suggestions:

Obtain any and all copies of your medical records. Read as much as you can on what you have and what is being done. You never know when you may need to refer to these records and in a few years, they will be gone and if questions arise some day, you will need these. Also, the more you educate yourself, the better you can cope with and understand what they are doing and why.

Contact the 'C' society or other places that can also help you with diet suggestions. Linda (Fred) was able to help me with that before she left us, and gave words of encouragement, and I have seen a real miracle happen this year on our end with remission of tumors that COVERED his spleen and liver! And it was a VERY aggressive type! We followed the suggestions from Fred and I got a couple of books too, at her suggestion- fantastic. None of the nutritional things were told to us by any of the doctors except that sugar feeds cancer... the rest we found out from Linda and other sources!!

I am wishing you the BEST and know that you will come through this ok!! Please hang in there and don't freak yourself out too badly (I know, easier said than done!)

Attitude is a lot of it, so stay positive, no matter what! You WILL come through this ok, and as someone else mentioned, it's just a bump in the road. Stress can make you sicker and upsets your system, so just try to relax, stay as busy as you can to keep your mind on other things and keep us posted on what is going on.

We are all with you in this.......... hang in there!

Back