I need your help/ideas with an Uncle,

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
I have an 83 year old Uncle in Los Banos CA

He is my all time favorite Uncle and I want to do something special for him.

My Aunt passed away in the spring, they had been married for 61 years. And he needs a pick me up.

I have called him and talked with him several times. I thought of flying out to surprise him, but with hubby off from work, sick, for 4 months, I just can't do that right now.

He is in great health, no problems, takes care of his own house and yard. Walks 2 miles everyday.

So, from IN, what can I do for him to brighten his day?

All suggestions welcome.

Thanks

If you can't go see him, have him come to see you. Send him a one way ticket, and tell him if he wants to go back he has to buy the other half. He'd probably adore the minis and just might want to stay.

Last edited by a moderator:
:aktion033: A big bouque of balloons delivered to his door. Then go to a disount card store [we have a couple where all cars are 29 cents] and mail one a day for several days. Nothing brightens your day like a funny card in the mail.

Write him a letter with a lot of memories written down and tell him what he means to you. It is a small thing to do but will mean the world to him. Include pictures if you have them. We had a cousin who did a small memory book and sent it to my grandmother. My grandmother talked about it for months and after her death we found it in a chest with other things that had extra special memories for her. She said the day she recieved it that she spent hours looking at it and remembering the times that the pictures were taken.

Mary

Maybe a scrapbook/memorybook of his life and his family, with photos and little narratives. You might have to get with other family members to collect photos. My mom did this for my grandma, and she was really tickled with it. It took my mom over a year to make and grandma was amazed at some of the pics mom was able to dig up. After grandma passed, mom took the book home and we still look through it and marvel at my grandmas life.

Another neat thing would be a family tree. My family in Germany made one for my dad with woodburning. It's in a beautiful frame and is really a work of art.

Oh, and if your Uncle has some friends that he gets together with for games here's another one... We once got a nice beer pitcher filled with cards, dice, poker chips and the like. We still use all the stuff and everytime we do we think of what a neato gift it was.

Latest posts

Back