EquiVizor Review

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
I’m usually a $10 fly mask kinda gal, knowing that I’ll have to sew them for proper fitting plus mend and sew them all season long. My boys are hard on fly masks and I usually have to put them back on their faces several times a day because someone, Bentley, enjoys pulling them off. Stormy needs a fly mask otherwise his one eye will almost swell shut due to flies and Breezy is prone to eye injury. Of course Bentley hasn’t had any eye issues, but he is the only one keeping his on 🤦🏻‍♀️

Here is a picture of the $10 cheap fly mask that I just bought this spring. Junk!🤣
IMG_2384.jpeg

So I bought the EquiVizor fly mask for $40!! Yikes! 40 bucks! It’s made in Australia so it has to be good quality right? It even comes with an extra buckle in case Bentley destroys one 🤣
IMG_2382.jpeg

Stormy is the first test model. If he keeps it on for several days then I will buy Breezy one as well. I do like that fact that it has a throat latch, so I’m pretty confident it will stay on… guess time will tell. I will say that it fit him right out of the package and I didn’t have to sew it to get it to fit, so that’s a bonus. Stormy makes such a cute test model 💕💕
IMG_2383.jpeg

Stay tuned for updates 😍😍

And feel free to tell us your favorite fly mask, why, and do they get it off?

I have liked the Cashel masks. I don't see any point in them without ears, and that's the only eared one that seems to fit my mare without rubbing her eyes. On the other hand, my mare is a mare, and while she occasionally rubs it off, she doesn't actively destroy it. I think I've had the same one on her for 3 years. I haven't used it yet this year, but I'm absolutely certain that Larry would delight in ripping it off her face, tearing it into little bits, and stomping it into the dust or mud, whichever was available.

That's so nice of him! If this new mask doesn't hold up, maybe the solution is a muzzle for Bentley? Then he can spend his days trying to figure out how to get that off instead of destroying expensive fly masks.

After purchasing many different bargain fly masks over the years, I purchased a couple of Kensington Fly masks 2 years ago. They are holding still up very well. No tears or rips and they rarely come off even during horse play. They also fit so that the portion of the mask which is over the eyes is convex and therefore doesn’t touch their eyes. They are about $50, perhaps a bit steep, but they are now wearing them for the third year.IMG_6548D.jpeg

After purchasing many different bargain fly masks over the years, I purchased a couple of Kensington Fly masks 2 years ago. They are holding still up very well. No tears or rips and they rarely come off even during horse play. They also fit so that the portion of the mask which is over the eyes is convex and therefore doesn’t touch their eyes. They are about $50, perhaps a bit steep, but they are now wearing them for the third year.View attachment 50131
Yes, we have had great luck with the kensington with extended nose for our big horse who has a bald nose from an old scar. They hold up great and keep the sun off.

This is what I use on my minis here . They are the best . Love how they keep their shape and love the foam piece in the top part of the mask . I’ve tried so many different kinds over the years but this is by far the best and last so much longer than anything else .

Only issue I have had is if able to rub on something , the peaks in front of they eyes have frayed a little 😊

Ok so I am fairly confident in these masks so I went ahead and ordered another one for Breezy. I did get his and Stormy’s mask sewed so the buckle end wouldn’t slip out again. Here is a photo of Breezy, you can see how the buckle strap goes behind his little ears and there is another strap that goes under his throat latch. I have to admit I have it on pretty tight 😁 hopefully he can still breathe and isn’t passed out in the morning 😜😜🤣🤣
IMG_2389.jpeg

The only bad thing is I broke my needle on my sewing machine! I have never done that before 🤣🤣IMG_2388.jpeg

Fingers crossed 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

I think I am going to go ahead and order one for Bentley even though his mask never comes off… but y’all know I like for them to match 🤣🤣

With my horses, I've found that they don't like the masks that are tight. So many masks are made to fit snugged up against the ears, which pinches them. A lot of masks rub against their eyes too, which personally I would find annoying.

I spent 6 years designing a fly mask which most (because you can't please them all😉) horses leave on.

Latest posts

Back