i need some help please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucky lodge

Reaction score
my mare foaled a beautiful appy colt about 2 hours ago ..what iam worried about is mum and bub are both laying down bub has been up and walking and had a small drink...foal also came out with three legs present

Last edited by a moderator:
Has the mare been drinking and eating? Has she been letting the foal nurse and is the foal lethargic or just resting? Did the mare pass all of the placenta? Any excess bleeding? Are their gums pale and white tinged or nice and pink?

What Katie said plus, is she acting like she's just uncomfortable or in lots of pain, did you give some banimine. Is she shivering or sweating still, I'd call the vet just in case. With three feet presenting she may have a scratch or tear somewhere inside that you can't see, I had a mare have a pinched bladder once with a dog sitting. So many things to consider. Also you may want to take her temp and so if it is low or high.

Jenny, are you saying that the mare is still lying down/not got to her feet at all?? She may have pinched a nerve in her back with this awkward foaling. I think you should call your vet immediately - at the very least to give both mare and foal the once over under the circumstances.

Good luck!

would love to know how mum and baby are doing
default_smile.png

I am curious to know too. I hope everything is ok!

Latest posts

Back