I need hugs...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doobie

Reaction score
This morning I got a call at work just before end of shift.
Dad found a beautiful wee little buckskin pinto girl in Ellies stall.
It was her first and I had promised her I would be there with her.
He said she was still warn and if we had been there we might have been able to help.
It breaks my heart, God trust us to love and care for these wonderful animals, and I was not there...
I had checked everyone before going to work last night and although I thought Ellies bag was developing I thought we still had a way to go.
There was no wax, she was eating, she was pink....
I thought I had done it right... damm I hate this part of foaling season.
I still have four more to go and now all I can think is 'what if...'
Sorry for such a downer post.

default_no.gif
default_no.gif
default_no.gif

I am sorry for your loss.

I hate this time of year and hearing all the horror stories. I have a mare that is now 346 days today and no real udder development (yes the dates are correct). I have a halter alarm on her and monitors but I still find myself cat napping all night long thinking I will miss something.

Anyone doing this long enough has horror stories. After 11 months of waiting it is always so hard to have a bad outcome.

Hugs from me to you.

So sorry! I know how you feel-we lost one this year, too & similar situation. *Hugs*
default_pray.gif

Oh, Debbie. I'm soooo sorry to hear this news. You're definitely getting a <BIG HUG> from me, and even a little rocking. My heart just breaks for you.

I do hope all the others babies will arrive safe and sound.

I am sending you (((HUGS)))...I lost a filly yesterday as well. Maiden mare and I guess I just thought she would wait a little longer. Had the filly while I was at work as well. (beautiful black pinto)....it hurts, I know, but I keep thinking it could have been so much worse if the mare was lost as well...
default_sad.png

The hugs do help, even cyber ones...

Debbie,

I am so very very sorry.
default_sad.png

Susan O.

OH I am so so so sorry! Thats really too bad. I really hope you feel better soon.
default_no.gif
HUGS to you

I'm so sorry for your loss, how very sad. {{{hugs}}}}

My heart goes out to you. I know how it feels. God's blessing on the rest of your mothers in waiting to have easy safe deliveries.

Hugs being sent to you for your loss. I don't breed for this reason, but thank goodness others do, or I wouldn't have any horses to love. This is always a happy/sad time of the year.

You guys are all so amazing!
I went out to spend some time with Ellie...
I cried, she stands with her head in my arms.
She is ok, thank God, and hopefully she will have other babies to love.
I come back in the house to all these hugs and cried some more reading...
God bless you all.

Latest posts

Back