I did it, called a lawyer

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keeperofthehorses

Reaction score
I'm sure I've made clear my thoughts on lawyers and I can't beieve I've gone and spoken to one, but it's time.

The ribs broken by the chiropracter in June have caused a serious problem in my shoulder now. I've taken upwards of 30 to 40 sick days this summer (those days I've been hording for the transplant). Finally saw an orthopedic surgeon last week. I thought I'd be one up on him by waiting for two weeks to do the icing and resting routine I was sure he was going to prescribe, being a good patient BEFORE I went to see him. Boy oh boy, did I ever mess up. Did you know that if injured, a shoulder can FREEZE if you rest it. I didn't. My shoulder, the muscles down my arms, into my neck and around my ribs FROZE! It felt like they turned to stone. It was so gawdawful painful. Orthopedic doc unstuck me (oh holy cow, owwww, crunch, owww), said my entire right side was to diffusly affected for him to be able to even start a diagnosis. So he sent me home with Rx NSADS and exercises to do for 10 days, then either cortisone (that's what I'm wantin right there) or an MRI (sounds more expensive than a shot in the arm). The last thing he said to me was "I don't know for sure what happened to your ribs, but I'd like to see an MRI because I bet this whole mess is related." Amen brother.

So I got mad, really mad, I'm running up some serious bills here, and started calling ambulance chasers, which are by and large not willing to take on doctors. Then I called malpractice attornies, who represent doctors. I finally found a guy one town over who is looking at my case on Tuesday. I told him I don't want to live off of this chiropractor for the rest of my life, I just want my medical bills and my sick leave paid for (and his fees). The state may also go after him for having to hire a temp to do the lifting half of my job. That's worked out well though, they hired Darrin, since he already knew so much about my job from my griping about it all the time.

So that's where I've been the last few weeks. The new medication and exercises have freed me some, enough to get back online.
default_smile.png
I already can move more again, and can feel where the actual injury is now (the broken ribs and the shoulder on that side.) I can lead the ponies and sorta groom with my left arm, but no training. Oh and the fair... we scratched.
default_sad.png

Sounds to me like those ribs put you through enough pain and problems to get some restitution. I'm not a "sue happy" person either, but can look back at a couple of times I should have seriously considered it.

Good luck finding someone to help you.

Don't be nice when suing this so called doctor. Yes you want your medical bills, and lawyer paid but you have suffered pain, you have not gone to work and now you've decided not to go to the fair because of this, those are things you need to be compensated for. This has caused you serious damage and you do need to get something for "pain and suffering" so don't forget that, it's not being mean, you have lost these things because of the real pain. OK, off my soap box, glad you took that first step and hope you are truly feeling better.
default_smile.png

I agree with that- you can hit hard and fast and still only ask for what you want- if you are too reasonable they will walk all over you and whilst this may be seen as a remedial therapy....it is NOT what the doctor ordered, or what you require!!

Go for the throat- you do not have to rip it out, after all.

Latest posts

Back