I am going to shoot the berry fairy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on a lovely colt
default_aktion033.gif

Cute Colt Sue.
default_wink.png

I feel for you. I keep talking to Shawna and Pheny about fillies. People don't realize the amount of time, cost and effort some of us go to hoping for a super nice filly to cross on our stallions and then get a colt. And I will admit we have gotten some darn nice colts but a farm can only have OH 20 or so before it gets to be alittle much
default_wacko.png
Heck I didn't put on 20,000 miles plus driving all over the country for fun (OK maybe I did but I did it for the HOPES of a few nice fillies also)

So I will cross my fingers and toes for you also. We will have to think of some jobs for all these boys. Maybe a television show or something- a reality show about colts
default_smile.png

Maybe, you all just have really healthy horses. There was a study done, I'll try to find it and post a link, that unexpectedly showed the healthier the mare, the more likely to get berries.
default_wacko.png
Not saying I believe it...thoughts?

Boy, I threaten the Berry Fairy and all of the sudden, everyone is having fillies.
default_laugh.png

I have 3 in the barn under camera. Everyone, do not hog the filly fairy, I want to keep the Berry Fairy at bay for at least two of these mares.
default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif
The other, I'd like a FANTASTIC Pelino colt.
default_cheers.gif
So you all know that one will give me a filly, and the others will give me colts.
default_wink.png

Boy, I threaten the Berry Fairy and all of the sudden, everyone is having fillies.
default_laugh.png

I have 3 in the barn under camera. Everyone, do not hog the filly fairy, I want to keep the Berry Fairy at bay for at least two of these mares.
default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif
The other, I'd like a FANTASTIC Pelino colt.
default_cheers.gif
So you all know that one will give me a filly, and the others will give me colts.
default_wink.png
Positive thinking and wish you the best on your fillies and only 1 pelino colt..
default_saludando.gif
default_wub.png

Oh dear, well I have one due NOW too, and would really like another filly. I am so excited I got TWO this year, instead of NONE like usual.

Sorry that someone was upset over your amusing post on the boys. I would rather have fillies but am happy when they arrive healthy, no matter what. I am sure everyone here is and I took your post here as wry humor, not a complaint!!
default_wacko.png

I feel your pain! I bought all young stock and have been waiting years to see what my stallion and mares would produce. I love my colt but if I'd have gotten a filly, I would have eventually crossed her onto my Billy Idol colt and also would have at least one horse in the barn with my own farm name.

default_saludando.gif
default_saludando.gif
Sorry Sue

My one and only foal for the year is a wonderful FILLY
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
!!!!!! Born 4/14/09

But hey I really asked for her. I lost her old daddy last June. He was 24 and I wanted a filly to carry on his Name and bloodlines for me!!!!

I will give you a little education. Hope it helps in the future for you. Your stallions have to be MAN ENOUGH TO KNOCK THE BERRIES OFF THEM BABIES!!!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
That's what I tell my brother in law since he SIRED SEVEN BOYS
default_rolleyes.gif
He wasn't man enough to knock the Berries off them kiddos :DOH!

Good luck with the rest of your mares. And besides happy healty foals I hope you get what you want.....

PS I did tell the filly fairy to head to Kittys and then to you
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

OHHH! I just realized what my last three mares are waiting for-- the filly fairy to make it this way!
default_laugh.png
I've got one mare at 347 days and another at 346 days, and they are just hanging around with seemingly no intention of foaling any time soon. The third one isn't nearly so far along, (302 days) but she's looking closer than the other two.
default_wacko.png

But if they're waiting for the filly fairy, that's fine, I'll wait; we've got four colts this year, and as much as I appreciate them, more girls to keep the one filly company would be good.
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back