I am going to shoot the berry fairy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riverdance

Reaction score
default_laugh.png

I can not believe it. It is turning out to be year number 5 with the colts.
default_new_shocked.gif
So far, one lost colt, two live colts and one filly. BUT.....the filly was bred on another farm.(plus I wanted that one to be a colt)

It has got to be my water!!!!!!!!!!
default_no.gif
I am breeding to 4 different stallions.

Oh,................... I should say, I got another solid black colt by my buckskin stallion Windchaser out of another black mare. This is her 4th colt in a row. She aborted her first one, then had Celtic, a bald faced palomino (who went to France), then Fire (still not sure what color he is, smokey black or dark buckskin. Windchaser was like that till 3, then there was no question he was a buckskin) now the new boy.

I guess I should try her to another stallion and forget trying to get a filly by her and Windchaser. I so wanted a filly by these two, as their sons are so up headed, refined with beautiful heads. This one seems to be no exception (just wish it was a filly)

Mom is a Century Farms mare, so hopefully this one will inherit a big trot.

Still, he is beautiful. (maybe the best of the three, what a beautiful head already). Sigh..........................I so wanted a filly.

Here he is. Since he was born on tax day and needs to have Wind in his name. I am going to call him:

Riverdance's Windfall

1a-5.jpg

2a-2.jpg

3aa-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Berry Fairy is making an early appearance here as well, and plotting her wicked ways.
default_poke.gif

Ironically our first foal was born the first night we stayed at the new place. The colt was from a mare I had recently bought, she was bred to an unregistered stallion. I saw the stallion and he was really nice but no one followed up for paperwork on him. So, I figured if she had a super exceptional filly I would think about hardship, other than that the foal would be sold. So, why does this mare have go and not only have the special ground breaking first birth of our new facility, but also have an absolutely beautiful tobiano buckskin pinto COLT???

So, we don't breed just for color. But why do I have to get my favorite color, in my first foal, in an unregistered colt! :arg! Sheesh. Looks like we may be adding to the gelding group around here, I know I don't want to pay to hardship him as a stallion. Well, there is years to decide if we will hardship or not. lol

For the last few years we have had a great demand for our colts and stallions.

They have such an impact on a breeding program.

Just see it as a great way to meet new breeders!!
default_smile.png

Congratulations on your colt. I have no doubt that he is beautiful like his brothers. You can always send him my way as I like my boys!
default_new_rofl.gif
Talk to you in a little while.

Barb

Congrats! One can never have to many geldings I always say the nicer the better!
default_wink.png

Don't shoot the berry fairy!! :DOH! I've had more than my share of colts this year too (4 out of 5 so far are colts) but we need colts! (Just maybe not *quite* so many, lol)

I have a solution for you; from reading your post, all you need to do is take your horses to someone else's farm for breeding!
default_laugh.png

OK, pictures posted. As Berrys go, this may be the best of the three from this combination. We will see.

I have 4 more working on their bags and getting close. If I shoot the berry fairy now, perhaps I will get fillies.

If any of you want to save the berry fairy, better call him to your house quickly.
default_laugh.png

He is adorable look at that neck length! I would take colts like him all day long and end up with tons of kick butt geldings!
default_wink.png

Dont shoot the Berry Fairy, just maim her a bit. We'll need more berries at SOME point but perhaps something that will take a long recovery, LOL

Nice colt... hey you can jump on my bandwagon... I had NO fillies for five years. I am ecstatic that I got TWO fillies so far this year from four possible foals- still waiting on the last one so will see what I get, but I can probably tell you.....

He is a handsome little boy- congrats. I am happy when they arrive and are healthy and with no problems!!

He is a very nice looking colt, Sue! Congrats to you
default_smile.png

The berry fairy has been here, too! lol Guess she is making the rounds!

Maybe people should just be happy that they have healthy, happy foals. That's the gamble you guys take when you breed, no guarantees.

Sorry, it just makes me cross when I hear people are disappointed when colts are born.

Wow, he's beautiful.
default_wub.png
I adore his big dark eyes and that gorgeous head and neck, as well as those long pretty legs.

Maybe people should just be happy that they have healthy, happy foals. That's the gamble you guys take when you breed, no guarantees.
Sorry, it just makes me cross when I hear people are disappointed when colts are born.

So sorry that it makes you cross. We are always happy to have a healthy foal, be it colt or filly. But, when one is trying to do a breeding program, crossing daughters of one stallion to the other stallion and vice versa, one need fillies or their breeding program goes no where.

Since I do not breed my mares till they are 3 and it takes 11 months to have a foal, we are talking 4 years down the line before one can see if their breeding program is even going to work. When one gets colts year after year, it kind of sets you back, and since I am not getting any younger...............I need some fillies..

Back