Huybers Utopia - Nellie and Ladybug Due early to mid april

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Panic over -must have been my laptop playing up! She just standing resting quietly at the moment.

Thanks Renee - nite nite, sleep well!!

Last edited by a moderator:
3.00 am and all is quiet. Sorry I am so late getting here Amanda
default_sad.png

Morning girls. I'm up but havne't been to the barn yet. I see she's still just one horse. Oh well today is another day. I'll update with any progress after I feed breakfast.

Morning
default_saludando.gif
I am looking forward to an updater on how much shopping she did last night
default_yes.gif

Ok, sorry took so long for the update, but it was so depressing I just didn't want to give the unexciting news.

Marcella is about the same as yesterday.

As can be seen on the vulva and udder shot, she has had many, many very loose stools both yesterday and today, have to wipe her down tonight. Not sure what is up with the pooping every 10 minutes, her diet is exactly as it always was. I'm hoping it's just baby making things move in there to make room for his big exit scene. And so I continue to wait on a decent udder and milk.

323 (1).JPG

323 (3).JPG

323 (2).JPG

323.JPG

Thanks Diane. I was so hoping for udder progress this morning, but oh well. She's standing in the paddock with 6 mares all around her, keeping her safe and I can see her from my living room window. She is safe and sound, not comfy but not foaling either. Yup she'll get there when little one is ready. They say making spots takes longer, so maybe she's carrying me an appy baby. She's a minimal app. with Falabella background and bred to a pinto, so there's a chance of colour.

I know the waiting is hard but she really is making progress, baby is riding low so as soon as we see some shopping I bet her v will go forward and we will all see spots
default_smile.png

Hang in there!

Ok, weird exciting news here. Pebbles, the pony I bought last week has vulva which is deep deep red and VERY loose, so I thought she might be in heat but no Taylor (stallion in avatar) wanted nothing to do with her. So I checked her udder, it's as big as Marcellas, not one of a maiden mare. So I gave it a squeeze and OMG, I got a palm full of very white milk. So I tested it and she is not at the foaling in 12 hours stage, but now I'm very confused.

Two things can be happening here. 1. She was just pulled away from her foal and sent on the auction trailer , but my mares dry up their white milk in a few days. NO way she should have lovely white milk a few weeks from weaning.

2. She's about to be a mom in a few days!! Now I dont want to get all excited but option 2 seems to be the only reasonable one.

So I have taken Nellie out of her stall (has a camera on it) and will put Pebbles in there so we can watch her. Just in case she is real close.

I guess I'll be watching two mares real close from here on in.

ANy opinions on this are totally appreciated. I have no history on this mare she was rescued from the meat wagons in Quebec 2 weeks ago. I bought her from the rescue farm. She was supposed to be bred, due in the spring. Not sure what to, could be big horse or pony. I was kinda hoping she was not preggers.

I have a weefoal ordered, but foal might make it here before the test!

Wow! I am no expert but If she is due in spring and she had a foal taken off her a few weeks ago I doubt she would still have milk, my mares dry up pretty fast once a foal of over 6 months is tsken off of them.

So I would think it is more likely that she is about to foal. Could it be that she is foaling early due to stress? How is she behaving? Is she relaxed and eating well?

I am going to bed now but I will pull them up as soon as I wake.

I was trying to figure out if she even looked preggers, not really just in real good shape, have a weefoal test ordered, should come next week sometime.

Here is her vulva, and it is beet red inside but she would not allow me to hold it open to take a pic (can't really blame her for that).

Tried to get a udder pic, but the fur is so thick you can't see anything, but I can feel it and it is filling.

Also a pic of how much milk I got in one pull of one nipple. It's streaming out.

IMG_0819.JPG

IMG_0817.JPG

2.30 am and all is quiet. Matteo missed the school bus so I have to run him to school. I will be back in about 30 mins

ok I am back and watching

4.45 am and Pebbles has just gone down sternal. She is quite restless but I imagine that is cos she is new to the barn.

Marcella on the other hand is totally chilled out tonight and had a little rest sternal earlier.

5.08 am and she is up

5.20 am and Pebbles is down sternal again

5.50 am and Marcella is down as Pebbles gets up

ooops as I type Marcella gets up. wow that was a quick nap!

Latest posts

Back