Huybers Utopia - Nellie and Ladybug Due early to mid april

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Afternoon update, March 5, day 325.

Udder SLOWLY fills. Couldn't get more than a drop of milk.

Vulva now has 2 bright red streaks and is over all reddish/pink.

She refused to stay in the stall the last two days, but today so far she seems glad to be there.

That's all I got, wish I had something more exciting, but life's all about the journey so I'm just going to enjoy documenting progress and anticipating some colour on this FILLY.
default_smile.png

I made a little video of bub doing some exercises in her belly, I post once I have it uploaded.

IMG_0847.JPG

IMG_0843.JPG

Here's the baby kicking. Some say the baby goes quiet a few days before foaling, but that has never been the case here. LB's foals are kicking minutes before they are born. This one is very active today.

Love the video! I think its so much fun to see and feel the foal!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow it is really moving in there. Now if it would just start in the right direction.

Well I think we are safe in saying she is pregnant
default_new_rofl.gif
Thanks for sharing Amanda
default_thumbup.gif

Oh that's brilliant - thanks for sharing! LOL!! Posted at the same time as you, I meant the video is brilliant, but also glad to hear about her milk too!!

default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I found this pic that you posted last year the day before she foaled, if she does the same this year we might have to wait another day or 2

SDC17962.jpg

Today

/monthly_03_2013/post-8375-0-12112200-1362508462_thumb.jpg

Oh Renee, you're a godsend. I've lost all those photos when my computer crashed. Good lord, if we have to wait for that we've got a week or more to go!! Good to know, wish I had not lost all those pics.

Well that was a depressing bit of history review. Looks to me like Marcella's udder right now is 2 weeks away from looking like it did last year. I can't believe that she will go that long when I look at all the other signs she's showing. She's got jelly butt, dark red vulva, total 'v'ed belly, oily milk starting. I dont mind a few more days, but a few more weeks is gonna kill me as both Nellie and Ladybug are coming close to due at that time!! I dont want a repeat of my three babies in 24 hours. That is why I spread the breedings out this year, fat lot of good it seems to have done me. Marcella is just not in a big rush.

She might do things different this year, one of my girls foaled last year with a bag nowhere near as full as she usually does. Can you test her milk?

Morning Renee! I agree that mares can 'change' from year to year, so I dont think you will be waiting another couple of weeks for this foal!!

By the way, is anyone else having trouble with this forum today? The other forums are working perfectly but with this one I have no pictures/signatures/top banners etc, and it is very 'jumpy', but I'm still able to post (thankfully!)? I have refreshed, even re-logged in, but no change?? It's driving me nuts - not that that is difficult anyway! LOL!!

Hi Anna, it is working ok here even though it is snowing like mad again and I might loose my connection
default_frusty.gif

Renee, at this point I'm only getting a few drops of milk. Not enough to test, but I can tell by feel that it is getting closer to the right consistancy , more oily than before. Once I can get enough to test you can be sure I'll let you know the results. Who knows maybe today is the day she makes a nice huge udder. One can only hope. Not quite 6 am here today. I'll wait a bit before feeding, hate feeding in the dark. Then I'll update on any changes.

Btw Pebbles milk is not changing, so I'm pretty sure it is from a previous pregnancy.

Well this forum page suddenly righted itself while I was reading one of the threads BUT now I have no emotons and no sign of how to get them back again! LOL!! Ah well, I should be grateful to once again be able to see any pics and folk's signatures!

Hopefully you will find more progress at morning feed time Amanda?

Madam is waiting patiently well ok not so patiently for breakfast
default_smile.png

default_saludando.gif
The PJ's just keep getting funkier
default_488.gif

Marcella.JPG

How is she looking this morning Amanda?

Latest posts

Back