Huybers Utopia - Nellie and Ladybug Due early to mid april

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was just her general behaviour, looking very restless, shooting out a few pieces of droppings plus having a long wee etc, all just before you were there (taking a milk sample???). But since then she has just been stuffing her face/grazing quietly, so all seems back to normal!!

Yes so I am off to hit the hay cos it is now 11.30 pm here and I need my beauty sleep
default_yes.gif

Good night Renee, dont rush to get up early, I'm sure she is up to nothing again tonight. Little begger. That udder is not full enough yet according to last years pic. I'll check her around 1100pm or so just to make sure all is the same.

Night Renee, sleep well. I'm off too as it is 10.30pm here and I have to go do 'late night' feeds/hay/stables for my boy and the two old girls before I hit the hay myself. I'm often awake and up in the middle of the night (wish I could manage a FULL night's sleep sometime LOL!) so will check back then even if I dont post.

Good luck Amanda!

3am and I see we still have a very pregnant girl standing in her stall!!
default_frusty.gif

Morning Renee - I remembered to read my e-mails - LOL!! Brilliant - have passed it on for others to enjoy!

default_saludando.gif
Morning Amanda 7.00am and no baby
default_thud.gif
I can't wait for an update.

Last edited by a moderator:
I waved to you Renee. Well udder looks a tiny bit fuller again. Milk still yellow, oily/sticky, not more than a few drops to be had though. Looks like off to work I go again. Guess she figures the weekend is an excellent time to foal. Or next week.... ARGH!!
default_smile.png

Yesterday's udder

326.JPG

Today's udder

IMG_0881.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Afternoon update. Marcella udder is exactly the same as it was this morning, which I'm glad that it didn't go down in size. Milk is testing IN the foaling range for pH (85% chance) and in the nonfoaling (10% chance) for hardness. It is now a little opaque as well as sticky and oily but still can't get a lot expressed.

So maybe this weekend??? It's ok, patience is something I have learn to do when it comes to these mares. NO sense getting angry or disappointed. A lovely baby will arrives when IT WANTS to and not before.
default_smile.png
and will be worth all the waiting and watching.

Just when you give up all hope baby will pop out
default_new_rofl.gif

I moved my computer desk this morning whilst I was cleaning, so guess who is sleeping in my bedroom tonight???

Marcella.jpg

Latest posts

Back