Huybers Utopia - Nellie and Ladybug Due early to mid april

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marcella is in for her afternoon in the stall. She enjoys getting exclusive access to her hay, no sharing with the greedy beggers out there in the paddock. I think her vulva is redder, udder is the same as it was this morning, no decrease during the day is a good sign. I saw her kick at her belly today, first time she's done that (grasping at straws now). Her butt is now jello butt and flank is empty as a tent in a windstorm. BUT no real milk to speak of, I can express a drop or two only. I'm pretty sure that is going to have to change before we get real action.

Thanks for the update Amanda, we watch and wait
default_thumbup.gif

I've had a sign!!! NOw dont laugh, but I've been trying to get my wedding ring and engagement ring off for 3 months. I've been eating only whole, non-process, non meat, no sugar. All the fun stuff. Lost ~15 pounds, and today I finally got them off. No rings are allowed at a delivery, can damage the mares insides if she needs repositioning help. So a power greater than me has shown me the sign. Here's hoping I'm reading it right
default_smile.png
And as a bonus I'm healthier and thinner. It's a no loser type situation.

Wow good for you. I think that is a perfect sign that YOU are ready so lets hope she sees. Have you shown her your hand?
default_smile.png

Joking aside I would like to thank you for sharing your girls with us again, I really miss my horses but having you and your girls to watch keeps me busy through my rough times. Having the Aunties to chat with makes it feel like the good ol days
default_smile.png
Diane and Anna you are my rocks.

Congrats. Sounds like it is a good sign to me.
default_yes.gif
Hopefully Marcella will get the hint.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that's great and so inspiring! I need to get on the ball and lose some weight too, my problem is will power. So, how did you do it???

I took out anything in my diet with preservatives, or sugar. look on the list of ingredients of products you eat If there is something you can't pronounce, you can't eat it.
default_smile.png
Leaves you with Shredded Wheat as the only cereal, fruit, nuts, veggies, rye bread an soy/almond milk. Quinoa, Hmmm, yup that's bout it. So with only those things in the house, it is impossible to overeat. I eat as much as I want whenever I want and always stop long before I pig out, because they are just not pig out foods. The addiction to sugar/caffeine/MSG is gone now, so I never crave a big pig out anyways. I eat to not be hungry. It's so simple really. YOu just gotta keep only whole foods in your house and you cant' go wrong. The hard part is getting the whole family to accept it, I'm lucky my daughter is the one who started me on it and my hubby is being wonderful about it. He still cooks up meat sometimes, but I dont have to cook it or eat it.

I saw that, and she's biting her belly quite a bit today too. Udder has not gone down at all today. Come on milk!!!

Just checked in on Marcella - she's hoovering as usual! But those extra signs sound very hopeful??

Many congrats on your weight loss - well done you.
default_yes.gif

Renee - ditto what Diane said my friend. ((((HUGS))))
default_cheekkiss.gif

I wasn't around this morning to watch her as I took the kids skiing, how is she looking Amanda?

Everything is about the same really.

329.JPG

She did a lot of butt rubbing last night by the look of her butt today. Lot's of fur rubbed off. PUt her out for the morning will put her in in the afternoon. We have got to be getting closer, but things seem in a bit of a stand still right now. LB has startted her udder though at ~285 days which is pretty normal for her.

285.JPG

Well it seems Marcella is in no hurry lol.

I have Celiac disease, so I can't have wheat, and boy do I miss Shredded Wheat! Two of my kids also have it, and one of them has Type 1 diabetes as well. As a result, we DO eat better, but a lot of gluten free food is loaded with carbs which is where my problem lies. My weight loss is slow-but I have lost 6 pounds in two months so it's not a total loss
default_yes.gif
I need to find a way to really scale back like you have though, I bet the pounds would just fall off!

So our mares have their own schedule, and appear to be in no hurry...maybe tonight then? We have a storm coming in, they seem to like giving birth when the weather is awful....
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Marcella is out enjoying the sunshine. Her back end is ready to let baby out, udder is a bit fuller this afternoon than this morning, and the crease is opening up, dimples in the nipples filling in. All good stuff if only she had some decent milk to speak off.

and wait....

IMG_0922.JPG

Getting closer by the minute - not long now!! Oh, and why should she let you have any of her milk supply, she's keeping every last drop for her precious baby!
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back