How to get an overo . .

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle@wescofarms

Reaction score
If you want to get an overo here at least - breed two apparently solid, non overos together!

Here is our surprise from early Friday a.m. - Wesco Farms LM Its Gotta Be Magic (webpage)

magic_3-24-06.JPG

His sire, Grosshills Little Mans Anticipation, is a solid black Rowdy grandson who's only white is a faint snip on his nose. Dam, Wesco Farms Imajica, is solid (registered palomino) but silver ??, out of a tobiano mare and solid sire!

We're very pleased with Magic (healthy, no foaling issues, etc.), so this color is a great bonus! This is the second loud pinto from Little this year, so yeah Little - last year we had a number of gorgeous daughters - all solids, so interesting and eventful to say the least.

Little is bred to a few more mares due in the next two months - I hope this color trend continues!!!

Pretty foal- in spite of the fact that visually he is Splash, I would definitely test for Frame, if he is staying entire.

Congratulations.

Just went and looked- dam is Silver Buckskin- never even looked Palomino so I would get that changed- Grandsire looks to be Silver Bay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! That's the way to get color! :aktion033:

I sure would love to see a close up of daddy's snip!
default_yes.gif
:

Aww, look at this cutie, he's adorable!
default_yes.gif
: :aktion033:

Congratulations!

:saludando: Conny

Congratulations on your beautiful boy...He is marked like my Ducati Moon and Duke tested positive for LWO and his dam is a Rowdy granddaughter that is LWO positive. :aktion033: :aktion033:

[SIZE=14pt]He is simply stunning!!!! :new_shocked: [/SIZE]

What a wonderful surprise for you! Those Overo genes can hide very well, can't they! :lol:

WOW... :new_shocked: That is one pretty baby!!!! Can't wait to see more photos of him....

Are you coming to the Wilton show the end of April?

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

Don't you love surprises?? Do I see Libby in Little Man's breeding future?? Michelle, did you say Magic has a belly spot...I'd like to see a pic of it. Sounds like you're going to have a nice pinto group forming......you're gonna have to show with Kathi and I! :bgrin

:aktion033: very handsome :bgrin if mamma could have waited a little longer he could have been a great april fools day gift :lol:

Latest posts

Back