How To Decide?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MDMminis

Reaction score
I haven't posted on here in a looonnnggg time, but im looking for some educated information before i decide on what miniature to buy. Im looking to show AMHR halter and eventually start my own breeding program. I have owned miniatures before, and my mother currently owns an AMHR reg. mare. Anyways, i've been looking over several options over the past week or two, and i thought i finally found the "one" i want to buy, but im starting to feel maybe i'm not educated enough on conformation and everything to decide on a show prospect, and i don't want to throw money to the wind and later be unhappy with my purchase. So i was wondering, how does everybody decide which miniature to buy? If you were looking at equally quailty horses, what deciding factors make you choose the one to purchase? I have several im interested in, and i would love to see them all but gas prices are crazy right now and there all about 2 hours away, so i'm really trying to narrow it down so i don't waste so many trips. So does anybody have any tips on purchasing a show miniature? I'm mostly looking at younger ones since i'm looking to make payments.

You can email me photos of the horses for a critique, I will give you my unbiased opinion since I'm not buying them...

[email protected]

Any input helps if you're unsure...

I would buy a proven winner and purchase from a show family. There are several breeders who have fantastic show winners ready for purchase. Prices are fantastic right now and allow new show families to reallly benefit from a proven horse. Several will be offering free transport on their way to nationals, if you are on their route or close to.

Latest posts

Back