How much is this mare worth

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, how did this end up such a big fat mess??? All she asked in her original post was what folks thought the mare might be worth and once again it appears that someone got beat up over it. There are nice ways of giving a critique without being so harsh and overbearing.
She never asked anyone if she should sell them and start over, or anything else. She is happy with the horses she has- she is not looking for National show quality stock. I saw other pics of her horses and they are happy and very healthy looking animals. They all had nice heads and correct legs from what I could see. Are they National quality? Probably not but I have seen MUCH worse, but that is not what was being asked either.

It's not that she didnt want folks to help her out here or she would not have asked, it's the way some of the replies come across as just being blunt and rude and some trying to read more into the conversation than was originally stated.

She has had to come to the defense of her horses now due to the way she has been made to feel by some. Insulting people or putting them in the position to become that defensive certainly is not any way to welcome new friends into the Mini world.

Everyone has different taste and style in what they like to see in the Minis- some breed for halter, some for performance, etc.....

I'll get off the soapbox now- flame away- I have my asbestos underwear on today.
AMEN! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

AMEN AGAIN!!! I'm not really new to the forum but I don't post much. Reason being ... I can't take the heat! I don't really find much help here with things like feeding, health, and safety when I need it but let someone ask a question like she did and the WHOLE BOARD wants in on it.

Everyone gets a ego trip by "downing" someone else!!! IMO

This is the stuff I hate about forums, people want to be better than the next. Not saying all people on this thread were being mean but most. It sad but HEY IT'S LIFE!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Heart K, you are right, most people are negative toward others on here, BUT NEVER LOOK AT THEIR OWN PROGRAM............they tell someone they have a piece of crap and they themselves have 15 in their pasture.

Take much with a grain of salt, but at the same time keep your eyes open.

I just want to say this about that .....because Im often accused of being one of "Those" people. We come to educate and be educated here. I have been breeding horses for 40 years showing for 45, breeding and showing minis for 26. I attended and showed horses at Nationals for the past 10 years. I have owned and bred some National Champion horses and several Top ten horses. When people e mail me for advice I give it. When it is asked here I give my personal oppinion, and yes thats all it is but it is based on the afore mentioned experience. I am not a well know farm with lots of popular famous lines but I do consistantly do well because I listened to a mentor 10 years ago and completely revamped my program.

PRior to that I had horses from Gross Hill, Flying W Farms and a few lesser known farms. None of them were as good as what I have today and some of them cost me 10 times what one of my current show horses cost.

Experience is the best teacher..... if you talk to me about a good show horse.... good based on 10 years ago will get the gate today. My breeding program is evolving. Some dont like what I breed . others do.

When you ask an opinion on a show horse or the price of a show horse or breeding animal, I will give you the answer based on what is being shown and winning TODAY.

I dont come on here with my ego..... it is fed plenty by my top tens at natonals and my all star stangings.

I dont profess to be better than anyone else, just a bit more show and breeding experiences than many on the board.

Dont be offended by my posts. Take them or leave them I dont care. By the same token, when you show your horses against me or others here dont scream politics if we place higher because not many judges know me by name to pin me.

We are not trying to be ugly. If you talk about showing, the people that are answering you in a flavor you dont want ,are the ones that are out there at the shows. Andrea, Amy,Fred and I were at nationals together again this year..... We arent being stuck up we are telling you what we see based on these facts.

Thats why I invite you to join us at the shows.

If after you do that, you have the same opinions about me and others then so be it . Dont judge us so harshly either. We really do mean for it to be helpful.

Lyn

Heart K, you are right, most people are negative toward others on here, BUT NEVER LOOK AT THEIR OWN PROGRAM............they tell someone they have a piece of crap and they themselves have 15 in their pasture.

Take much with a grain of salt, but at the same time keep your eyes open.
:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

I agree with you 100% thats why I put my mare up here, wanting to know if I'm missing something because it's always my baby is prefect. I'm actually going to see what the foal turns out and thats going to be the answer. She is my pet and if thats what going to happen she'll be the cute horse everyone likes, and be the little parade horse that has ribbons and eats the candy off the ground. :bgrin

We have one of those , a gelding named Drummer.He goes to parades. peace rallys, nursing homes and the childrens hospital. FARRRRRR from perfect but the most loved horse when people visit.

Lyn

I do not believe ANYONE comes on to be mean for the sake of it.

We do actually have lives, you know, and we have no desire to waste them.

It takes a bit too much ego, I think, to believe that I or anyone else on here would get a kick out of "putting you down" as it were.

You asked a question, you received answers you did not like and you immediately started arguing with them.

This caused more argument and so on and so on.

I have not actually seen any truly "mean" answers- if you wanted one I could, probably, PM you one and then you would see the difference!!

What I saw was a lot of people, some more diplomatically than others, trying to give you the benefit of their experience.

No one doubts you love your mare- for goodness sake get over everything being a direct criticism of you caring for and about your animals, she is obviously well cared for and well loved.

If you did not want the benefit of people advise and experience then a simple, "This is my Buckaroo mare isn't she lovely" would have elicited the correct response.

This is EXACTLY why I so rarely bother to answer this sort of post.

Heart K,

Who is the trainer that you arw working with? You said they have numerous national wins, and a lot of people on here show at nationals, maybe it's someone we all know.

I bet they will but I will not put anyones name in this because it's not my name to put out... sorry.

But if anything I'll be up there sunday to watch and learn..........

Everyone gets a ego trip by "downing" someone else!!! IMO
I don't think anyone here has ever gotten off by "downing" someone elses horses. Just the opposite , I believe that more than most here on the Forum , support each other , and want the best for each little horse and their owners. Just look at the number of threads asking for HELP and the support given when the call is made.

I don't have much to add about your mare .... everyone else has said pretty much what I've been thinking.

Latest posts

Back