How many of you Breed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniaturePrincess429

Reaction score
just wondering how many of you do? When i start my farm I want to breed Classic/Foundation Shetlands and Miniatures, so I was just wondering how many of you do the same.

Edited to add: Does any one know the Silver Spoon farm website (Buckeroo Baccarra's home)?

Last edited by a moderator:
:saludando: We breed both minis and classic shetlands of the Arenosa line.

MA

we do!! we are breeding amhr/aspc horses and just love them. we also have our amha horses also. I figure i have the best of both worlds
default_smile.png

The first horse i got was a Miniature Horse. The first horse i showed was a Classic (going to be showing foundation in 07') who makes height to be registered AMHR.

I dont breed, will not be seeing any GC foals for atleat 5 years or so but i do show both shetland and mini.

I love the ASPC/AMHR horses ..shetland by breed ...mini by height. You cannot beat that!
default_smile.png

karamellatwopics.jpg

This is a daughter of B & L's Bar-G's Rock "E" Hershey Bar ( foundation classic) She is the first shetland that Lee took to Congress. She is in foal for 07. This will be the first shetland foal born on our farm.................. We started showing & breeding miniatures horse in 1986. Clipping & showing the little ones got to be too hard on Lee's back - one reason he became interested in the shetlands. Lee has four shetland girlies & one studdly ( to be gelded this fall unless we sell him). We plan on showing the shetlands more than breeding............ I plan on keeping a few A/R mini's for my enjoyment. Right now we have five left (down from 23 a few years ago). The last few are the hardest to let go!

We do :aktion033: We have a Scotch Label stallion ,a gorgeous bay named "Label Me A Tramp"and 3 classic Mares ! And then we raise appy minis , Jody

I got my first shetland, ASPC/AMHR, last year and I look forward to adding a couple more in the next year or so.

I think that stallion is at Silver PLATE stables here in Virginia.

I do not currently have any ASPC horses but love the look of some I have seen. On day, I'd like to add the right ASPc/AMHR small enough to hardship AMHA mare to my broodmare band.

I breed miniature horses and I breed classic shetlands but do not cross register. I believe and see in my own fields every day the two are differant breeds, look and act differant and I feel they should be preserved and maintained as seperate breeds.

Latest posts

Back