How many horses do you have?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many horses do you have?

• none

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-3

• 4-6

• 7-9

• 10-15

• 16 or more

• Total voters
We currently have 210, including two mares that are on their way from Delaware next week, hopefully.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 3:

Sprucelane Little Sandy "Maddie" a 33.75" 4 Year old Red Roan Mare

Havenwest Reverend J "Rev" a 33" 3 Year old Black & White Gelding

and Breezy a 15.1hh 4 Year old APHA (Paint/TB) Bay pinto Mare

13 minis and 2 big appys.
wub.gif

Sheri

Lest see we have....

12 head of QH's (both personal and ranch owned)

4 mini's (2 in foal)

and 1 mini donkey, so that bring us to I guess 17.

In addition we have

6 cowdogs,

3 JRT's

7 cats (abrn cats)

and a 1 beta fish.

WOW lol I never set down and thought about jsut how many animals we had. LOL

Gosh - how could I have forgotten that we are picking up my daughter's new Quarter horse filly tomorrow! We own her dam and I was checking the mare's records at AQHA to see if her foal the previous owner bred(whom I can't locate as she got divorced and changed her name)had gotten registered so I could see the sex and color - well, she was and I googled her registered name and, lo and behold, she came up on equine.com for sale from her new owner and only 2 hours from me!

So that makes: AQHA: 1 stallion (at trainer's so maybe he doesn't count LOL)

2 - 2 yr old stallions

1 gelding

2 weanling fillies

2 yearling fillies (with Tally, the new filly)

2- 2 yr old fillies

11 mares

AMHA/AMHR: 1 colt (A/R) (our future herd sire at Belinda's so again maybe he doesn't count - p.s. husband isn't buying that line of reasoning!)

1 stallion ®

3 mares (A/R)

I really like the idea though of the counting by the dozens so I really only have a mere 2.1666! I'm gonna have to run that one by Todd and see if that works! Might not because he still takes my 6 lizards, 3 shih tzus, 2 corgis and about a doxen fish tanks into account also!

Sorry, edited for spelling!

Last edited by a moderator:
3-breeding stallions

1 - Jr. stallion whom I co-own with Jill

3 - geldings

12 - fillies (under 2yrs)

14 - broodmares

1 - modern pleasure mare, whom is for sale

So that equals 34

I have 10 foals expecting for 2006

I currently have 8 Minis, 1 Welsh Mountain Pony and 1 Arab.

MINIS

1 stallion (for sale)

2 colts (1 for sale) and another on the way with US bloodlines!!

5 mares with another coming in March and one in foal!!

One of the mares is due in December '05, and the other 4 have been bred and are due from early September '06.

saludando.gif
Nicole

We have:

9 miniature horses( 2 mares(one is bred), 1 filly, 6 geldings & 1 quarter horse mare.

will be looking to add one large horse.... then I am done for a while.

Not counting the two mini mares I have leased out to a friend, I have 15 minis, 1 small pony and 2 biggies for a grand total of 18 equines, as follows:

2 mini jr. stallions (one is co-owned with Erica and one is just mine, thanks to Erica!)

6 mini mares

7 mini geldings (counting one that's soon to be a gelding)

1 pony gelding

2 riding geldings

Hopefully, I can keep the buying bug away for a long time. The way I feel right now, I have all the bases covered in terms of being able to do what I want with the horses I already own so no need to be adding anything for some time.

OH I really like the way Getitia counts
yes.gif
Make's it sound so much better..

So I have 5 breeding stallions Miniatures, 1 shetland breeding stallion

1 doz. Shetland mares

8.5 dozen Miniture Mares

7 weanling fillies

2 weanling colts

And we just will not count the ones I co-own..
wacko.gif
thumbup.gif

We have an even 60 at the moment; 23 mares, 24 geldings and 13 stallions (10 of whom are youngsters). Plus two who are leaving next week for their new home in Arizona, making 19 that we've sold this year. Oh, and 6 Quarter Horses (3 mares, 3 geldings) and 1 Appy gelding. And two donkeys.

wow i have hardly any compared to you guys

I have 15 in total 2 were sold but she ran into some issues so they are back on the market selling for her..

only expecting 1 this spring

We have 11, and 1 donkey.

Of the 11 horses, 2 are big horse mares, and the 9 minis can be broken down as follows:

1 stallion

3 mares

3 geldings

2 weanling fillies

I like the counting by the dozen thing, thats a good one! LOL! But I have 37 mares but two are leaving shortly. I was up to 48 so I"m doing ok, would like to sell down to about 30 but I keep changing my mind and removing them from the sales page, I just can't seem to let them go. I want to but just can't. I have 10 weanlings left and 4 are leaving shortly and 2 are keepers. Plus I have 3 1/2 stallions. 3 donkeys and 2 llama's. 4 small house dogs, 9 outside cats and 1 neighbor cat and 1 husband. No wonder I"m busy!
wacko.gif

I currently have 17 plus 1 I co-own with my daughter. That breaks down into 3 mature stallions, 10 mature mares, 2 weanling fillies, 1 weanling colt and 1 yearling filly. Around here, though, the numbers could change daily up or down!
aktion033.gif

There are also currently 4 boarders (including my daughters 3).

Latest posts

Back