How many forum members

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like there are some Light bulb mills out there. :no:

We should start the Last Flicker Bulb Rescue! :aktion033:

We don't want any more bulb abuse such as the horrible end for a bulb that was posted about in the "Most embarassing" thread!

But REO, I am sure that there are many rescues out there for just this purpose. Wouldn't it be better if we supported them than start our own?

Oh... And what kind of exercize routine is best for the light bulbs? Does it make a difference with age? Does it matter if one exersizes it hard for a few minutes and then locks it in the closet for a few days? Will this kind of treatment be detrimental to the well being of the bulb?

And what colors are winning in the show ring? And is there a perfect representation of the breed that we should compare all others to? Oh... And along those lines, do color classes really matter or are they a waste of time? And the working bulbs vs the show bulbs... What do you all prefer?

Oh... What about Florescent vs Incandescent. Which breed is better and holds a higher value? Or does it not make a difference?

And what about those soft white bulbs. Are we allowed to call them that or is that prejudice? I really want to make sure that I am using the correct terminology as I want to sound well educated on this subject and yet I do not wish to offend anyone who might have an interest in the soft white bulbs.

Oh, about ratings, are they really all that they are cracked up to be? Isn't it best if we just love them as they are?

Hummm... lots to ponder on the subject for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone tell me what I should feed my lightbulb? :new_shocked:

Liz R.

Can someone explain to me in exact detail how much it may take to feed,care, house, and de filiament my lightbulbs>? I have been told I would be able to become very wealthy if I can start raising them up, and selling to people who need them to see the light, and I am very intrested...

OH and is this E mail I got in reply to some of my lightbulbs that I have posted for sale a Scam??

Here's the e-mail below...

Hello Sir/Madame,

I am intrested in your LIGHTBULB, but am acting as agent for client outside country.

Is LIGHTBULB still avaliable for purchase> My client would like send you money in a completly legal and real cashier's check for a sum over that which you want for LIGHTBULB, you can give the rest back to them when transport that we will arrange pick up LIGHTBULB.

Please contact me soonest,

Regards,

Some idiot from Nigeria.

FFFoxygal, maybe you should call little Not So Bright Dimwit Switch.

Oh, sorry I meant Dimmer Switch

:lol: :bgrin

Amanda

I hadn't read this thread for a day. I'm ROTFLMHO. You all are so creative.......it's like lightbulbs are going off in all of your heads!

Light%20Bulb%20-%20100x75.jpg

But can you tell me what COLOR this light bulb is?

It's by a soft white and out of a yellow bug. Don't tell me the yellow bug is hiding a fluorescent gene because I hate fluorescents (they just make me look all washed out and tired).

I probably can clip it and then take pics if that would help.

Thanks in advance all you bulb color experts.

(hee hee)

Liz

But can you tell me what COLOR this light bulb is?It's by a soft white and out of a yellow bug. Don't tell me the yellow bug is hiding a fluorescent gene because I hate fluorescents (they just make me look all washed out and tired).

I probably can clip it and then take pics if that would help.

Thanks in advance all you bulb color experts.
:new_shocked: :lol: :lol:

O-M-Gosh Liz...yer killing me...my sides are hurting!!! :lol: :lol: :aktion033:

Sue C, I think your math is wrong. I think it takes 189 forum members to change a lightbulb, not 187. I just wanted to answer the original question you asked and give you the correct answer
default_yes.gif
: .

Amanda

I think that all of you should stop this thread immediately.

I just received a letter from an attorney who represents the defective light bulb foundation and we are all being sued for slander.

This topic is not to be mentioned on the forum again until the lawsuit ends.

I just bought my self a new light bulb, I know I wasnt supposed to but I couldnt help myself. He will be my new bulb sire. Hes in his winter coat now but I cant wait to get the clippers out. Here is a picture of him.

& he tested negative for the florescent gene. Which means I dont have to worry about my female bulbs. I would hate to have a LFC(Lethal Florescent colored) baby bulb.

ubol.jpg

Hi :saludando:

I have been lurking on here reading this post. I do not post much becasue of the way some get treated on here. I do breed these wonderful bulbs. I don't want you to flame me because I only breed a few a year.
default_poke.gif
: I am a back yard bulb breeder and I breed what I can afford. They may not always be the best of the bulbs you see but I love each and every one of them they light up my life. I know someone asked the question and no one answered her. The question was "how do you tell males from the females?" Now as I explaned I am not an expert on these things but what I have found is the Brighter ones are the Females.... :bgrin
default_yes.gif
: :aktion033:

Mags :flirt:

I don't know.

Speaking of bulbs, I like daffodils. And maybe gladiolus. Or tulips.

Duhhhhh

(I failed to wait the obligatory 6 months, for this I am deeply sorry)

Here are my new mini light bulbs. They are a rare size breed. They are more delicate and can burn out every season, thus requiring specialized care. You should only own this breed if you have knowledge on how to care for them all year long.

BTW, Please do not call them light bulbs as they are not light bulbs, but mini lights. To call them light bulbs is extremely rude as they are not related to their cousins in any way! They were not bred down from light bulbs and have remained a pure size breed for over 40 years. But they certainly have made strides in the refinement that they have. These are pinecone in type and sell for more than the normal rounded c7 variety.

Oh, the pure white ones are homozygous for white. They pass on that color to every mini that is bred to them, but that white color remains invisible unless it is bred to another white as the white gene only shows up in the homozygous state.

eff82237.jpg

eff82221.jpg

Pepperhill, you are :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: :no:
default_poke.gif
: :nono: . Maybe you can start your own topic on that type of bulb.

Amanda

:aktion033: This thread is so funny for a down day don't stop.

FFFoxyGal & Nootka - I see you still have the original "old style" there...
default_unsure.png
: I was told by a 'very honest breeder' that the trend has changed & yours ARE obsolete now....... :eek: Sunquest I like your taller streamlined version & variety - is this going to be the trend of the future? ......................... Miss Fortune - thanks for not being ashamed to share your poor little abnormal looking darling. We all need to realize that no matter how cautious we are we cannot always control the end result..... All bulbs need a caring loving owner even if they are not the prettiest in the pack.

Sunquest,

Can you have a true "white" bulb or are they really gray?

Well now, I love the grays and all the colors that they go thru to get there. Can you show me your gray and all the different colors it went thru? I often wondered since the gray is a color that is not a color, are they the brightest bulbs? I may just have to start breeding for the really bright gray bulb if so, now do not start flaming me because I want to breed for color instead of wattage! :bgrin

Latest posts

Back