How many forum members

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:new_shocked: Okay, so how do you get bulbs that have different brightness settings?!

:new_shocked: Okay, so how do you get bulbs that have different brightness settings?!
Well, this is my personal opinion and experience, as I do not have a degree in LightBulb Genetics, ......

but I have found that if I use the bulb that is not the brightest in the box, errr...herd, and put him with bulbs of different degrees of brightness, that the resulting bulbs do have the ability to have different brightness settings. (with the proper handling and training) However, don't do as I did and put a less bright with a less bright :no: when the resulting bulb was placed in the light socket...well....nothing happened
default_sad.png
..poor thing.
default_crybaby.gif
:

All that planning and waiting for nothing...not even a flicker :no:

The real problem that I have is figuring out the males from the females.

Sue
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Appylover2, well yes the wattless bulb does light up my life! But they don't seem to live as long as the kind with watts. They have a somewhat shorter "show" career, but while they last, we get great results!

Side note: I much prefer to screw in a fresh, easy going bulb, I try to stay away from handling those "hot" bulbs!

Did I read that right, REO? You like an easy screw... bulb? :lol:

Oh dear l'm not sure l'm seeing the above in the right light. :risa8: :risa8: :risa8:

default_whistling.gif
:
default_jerry.gif
: :hypocrite: :flirt:

Should I get a hard to screw in bulb instead of an easy to screw in bulb?

:eek: :no: Look at all of these comments & not one of you bothered to answer my question! :no: I know I am not one of the popular people here & not in your clique but this is cruel.
default_sad.png
:eek: ............... I am leaving now to find my own light bulb forum. :saludando:
default_wacko.png
: ................................... Well I came back & I just wanted to let you all know I found a more friendly & informative light bulb site,
default_yes.gif
: nah, nah, nah nah nah. :aktion033: :lol: I am now going to spend my days being productive & make these neat light bulb vases. :lol: :bgrin :lol: :aktion033:

http://www.craftbits.com/viewProject.do?projectID=886

<contented sigh> It's so nice to see that Sarcasm is alive and well, and living on the Back Porch.

This is DEFINITELY the funniest thread we've had in a very long time!!! Keep those cards and letters coming, folks! :bgrin

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Personally I do not like the colored light bulbs, as they do not seem to "show" as well. I like my regular bulb to have some higher wattage as they do "show" a lot nicer all the way around. Some do not like to oil their bulbs for showing, but I have been known to add some scented oil on mine! :new_shocked: I know I will probably be flamed for bulb abuse! :bgrin

Disgusting, Terri, you AND your "big watt" bulbs!
default_wink.png
:

:aktion033: This has to be the best post I have read in a long time... (funny, I mean)

At 4 am.. You guys have got me cracking up.. Thanks for the :bgrin I guess I should be getting to bed. :saludando:

Deb

I know I will probably be flamed for bulb abuse! :bgrin
Only if you put your big bulbs in the same fixture as little bulbs. :bgrin

BTW, I'm looking for a really nice 300 watt bulb with a 10,000 hour guarantee. Must have proven lumens and high Energy Star rating. Filaments must all be intact. Must also be within my budget of $0.35; terms preferred. Please send 400 color pictures from all angles, a recent video showing the bulbs performance, and an electrician's referral for me to consider your bulb.

Hey KEEPER - don't you think your post should be made on the BULB SALES BOARD? HMM??
default_wink.png
:

:new_rofl: :risa8:

When it's cold, do you keep your bulbs shut up into it's lamp shade? Or is it free choice lamp shade?

Do you bathe your bulbs every time it gets a speck on it? Or do you just let it be a bulb?

Seems like once a year someone give the forum a gift like this. All I can say is thank you from the bottom of my poor bulbless heart. Keep it coming, I love to awken each day to see this thread! :aktion033:

Now Now Foxy just settle down.
I know,..(sniff,sniff),...I am trying really hard to calm(sniff),..down,...
default_unsure.png
:

Sorry Amanda,...It is just that,.(sniff,sniff),.......My bulbs mean the world to me!,...
default_crybaby.gif
:

After their mother,..'Mrs.Hottie Bulb,.......met with her untimely death,.......When my hubby "Fred,..accidently bit into the wrong cord,....and made her blow a "FLUSE" :eek: :no:

We actually had to go to marrige counselling for that one! :deadhorse2:

Well these 2 little baby bulbs that she left behind,..has been my pride and joy,.....

You see,...Their mom was a beautiful BL (bright light) division,...and she was totally regristered with the American light bulb assocation,.....but,....(sniff,sniff)

'Little Shiny' :517: and little,..'Not-so-Bright' :517: ,....could only be regristered in the NSBL,(not so bright light) division,....and I try to protect them ,..because I am scared that their pride is hurt enough now,..not being able to follow in their mama's foot,..errrrr ,.....bulb steps!
default_wacko.png
:

So you see,......I didnt mean to Blow,...(pardon the pun) and I will try to control myself in the future.
default_yes.gif
:

:new_shocked:
default_wacko.png
: :lol: :aktion033:

Edited to add,... A quote from Dimimore,

Seems like once a year someone give the forum a gift like this. All I can say is thank you from the bottom of my poor bulbless heart.

ALL HAIL Sue.C ,...ALL HAIL!!!!!!!! :worshippy: :aktion033: :aktion033:

I'm looking for a really nice 300 watt bulb with a 10,000 hour guarantee. Must have proven lumens and high Energy Star rating. Filaments must all be intact.[quote]

keeperofthehorses, Hmmmmm.....soooooo, do you plan on breeding this bulb??? Don't you realize there are already enough homeless, broken, and neglected bulbs out there already.

I have been considering opening my home to needy bulbs...they are more than welcome here; where they can come in and light up MY life...
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
:

I'm looking for a really nice 300 watt bulb with a 10,000 hour guarantee. Must have proven lumens and high Energy Star rating. Filaments must all be intact.[quote]

keeperofthehorses, Hmmmmm.....soooooo, do you plan on breeding this bulb??? Don't you realize there are already enough homeless, broken, and neglected bulbs out there already.

I hear there is big money to be made in bulbs, and I want to experience the wonder of the bulb life-cycle. Please, all of you bulb-huggers, stop sending me nasty PM's!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back