How many forum members

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, but my "old style" bulbs are going to come back into fashion and besides they are the only ones with pure "LIGHT BULB" blood, not this secondary mini light stuff which is just a fad I tell you!

And my "old style" bulbs can stay on all day and night and not have any problems. Do that with your mini light bulbs!

*LOL*

default_rolleyes.gif
:

Liz

I just changed out a light fixture in my bathroom and now have 5 homeless bulbs that are looking for a new home. :no: They just can't stay here anymore.
default_crybaby.gif
: Don't have any other fixtures to put them in. :no: They are just too much work to take care of and they NEED a new home!!!
default_unsure.png
:

Anyone know of a good rescue program for bulbs? The breed is the round 40 watt type (commonly at home over vanities). Please forward any contacts you may have. :flirt:

See? I told you we need a Bulb rescue set up!

I have a doofus story!

I was taking an extention cord out to feed my little bulb. Well, my bunch of bigger bulbs got pushy, I lost my balance, twirled around and plunged face first into the snow. Then the greedy things trampled me and now I have bulb prints all over my back. Hubby noticed that the barn was dim and came to find me and help me up. He helped me put all the bulbs back in their sockets and feed the little bulb his extra bit of power. Whew! The whole thing was quite illuminating to say the least!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, better to black out than to brown out as that is easier on the light bulb. Of course that is off topic right?

Hummm, the wave of the future... If I had to guess, it would be the LED bulb. Of course all of us with any foundation stock would then have true collectable bloodlines.

Of course the old style bulbs are just the cutest things really! I don't care if they are short and squatty looking!

As for the grays being brighter, nope. The easiest to see are actually the green ones as that is the color that our eyes see the most. That is why green LED lights are so very common in many of the displays that are used on all kinds of household things.

But are the green ones really the brightest? Of course I could get into a debate on how this should be measured, but that would be a novel and 1/2 to read and of course I wouldn't want to give away what really happens to those bulbs in a light tunnel! (All kidding aside (no really!), light is measured in a light tunnel which is completely black and then there is a sensor at the other end that measures the color and brightness. I work in a place that makes warning lights for vehicles like police cars and construction vehicles!)

Anyway, with careful selection and cross breeding, it is possible to get the all white bulb. One must make sure to use equal amounts of bloodlines from the red, blue and green stock, with the appropriate amount of white mixed in to get a true white bulb.

A gray bulb is one that doesn't have equal parts of the color spectrum, and one that may be ready to burn out and probably should be changed before it really does go bad. Now, is it appropriate to help the bulb cross the rainbow bridge? Or should we just keep on using that light bulb until it has given us everything that it has to give?

And did you all notice how many professed light bulb experts there are on this thread? I am amazed at the knowledge that is contained on this forum! Really!

Wouldn't green bulbs be harder to see when turned out in the summer time? Winter would be fine but I think summer it would be difficult.

Amanda

Nootka,

No Offense but I do think your bulb looks a bit dwarfy!

Look at the short neck and the HUGE stomach. I will bet that when you try screwing it in the teeth will not match.

The color is nice but "remember" we should not breed just anything just because we like the color!

Can anybody give me advice on how to convert my big bulb trailer to haul mini bulbs?

I think I've seen some pix of converted trailers on this site and would like your opinions on what works best.

I currently have the large 4 pack trailer, but wonder if it would be ok to put 2 or even 3 mini bulbs in each section. Do you think they would travel ok that way, or should I plan to put some soft padding between them for the trip?? I sure don't want the little ones cracked or chipped en route. Also, should they travel side by side or end to end?

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

PS: You people are all crazy and I LOVE this thread!!!
default_yes.gif
:

I GIVE UP!!!!!! :new_all_coholic:

I cant take the pressure ANYMORE! :smileypuke:

I am going to sell my 2 little baby bulbs for only 2 dollars each,.....I have tried to regrister them with the best,...but,...If they are going to be obselete,...then,......Im GETTING rid of them!!!!
default_frusty.gif
:

How can I pay off my morgagte or take my fancy vacations unless I can make good money showing these poor,..unlucky,...PLAIN bulbs!!!
default_wacko.png
: :eek:

No flames,...but,......I am going to the national bulb auction to auction them off,..... :new_shocked:

Maybe I will try my hand with FLORECENT!!!!!!!!
default_yes.gif
:

and I can ASSURE you all that they will be WINNERS and ones that stand out even in the dullest of winter days!
default_whistling.gif
:

:new_rofl: :lol: :aktion033:

Wait do these bulbs come in Mini?

I am going to buy me a boy lightbulb and a girl lightbulb and have a baby lightbulb.

I wonder if it will look like its mom or dad
default_wink.png
:

How do you keep the halter on them in the show ring?

:lol: :lol:

This is fun.

Wouldn't green bulbs be harder to see when turned out in the summer time? Winter would be fine but I think summer it would be difficult.

Amanda
Oh I think the green ones would be a little more difficult to see when turned out than some of the other colors in summer, but let me tell you, the worst is the white ones if turned out in the snow! They virtually disappear, and the mud and grime makes them change colors like you wouldn't believe! One must make sure to properly blanket them so that they can be easy to find in the snow! Better yet, keep them stalled for the worst weather so that they don't fall and crack up. After all, it is for the safety of the bulb that one would be so very careful in the bad weather.

AppyLover2 said:
Can anybody give me advice on how to convert my big bulb trailer to haul mini bulbs?

I think I've seen some pix of converted trailers on this site and would like your opinions on what works best.

I currently have the large 4 pack trailer, but wonder if it would be ok to put 2 or even 3 mini bulbs in each section. Do you think they would travel ok that way, or should I plan to put some soft padding between them for the trip?? I sure don't want the little ones cracked or chipped en route. Also, should they travel side by side or end to end?

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

PS: You people are all crazy and I LOVE this thread!!!
default_yes.gif
:
I don't have any experience with converting a trailer. I bought mine already set up for both light bulbs and mini lights. It is really a great setup, but I don't have any pictures, but you just move the dividers so that they fit the size of the light bulb.

I think you would be ok to put two or three mini bulbs in each section of a full sized trailer if they are well wrapped in shipping gear for protection. Be sure that they all get along great before attempting. Of course one per divided area is always the best and safest, but remember that any time that you transport a light bulb that you must take the usual safety precautions to ensure that they are ready to go to work when they reach their destination. For cross county trips, I would recommend finding a reliable shipper.

As for traveling, I think that they travel best when they are loaded into a slant trailer. This way they can balance easier when stopping, starting, and going around corners. Oh, and if you leave them loose in the trailer, then they could get hurt, but the interesting thing that I noticed when I hauled a wild one that I couldn't tie in the trailer so was hauled by it's self was that the light bulb actually turned around and rode so that the rear end was facing forward. It preffered it that way.

Hope you find some good pictures of converted trailers.

And does anyone know what paperwork is needed for shipping over seas other than possibly a bill of sale? I may wish to sell one of my light bulbs and think I may have a potential buyer if it turns out that it isn't a scam.

Well sunquest, I still say you can't have a "white bulb". As for cracking up we're not talking about Humpty Dumpty here even though the cracking up could apply to all of us here on this topic :lol: . But seriously, as far as cracking up the lil bulbs are stronger than most people think.

Amanda

l hope someone can shed some more light on this subject.

This morning I went out to light things up and one of (sob) beloved aisle bulbs just wouldn't wake up. :eek: I tried flicking the switch but nothing. I got a ladder and pulled his string but nothing...I was too late. I should have had a camera on him probably. It'll be hard to replace him, I have nothing here remotely similar. Funny how you just take the little suckers for granted until one blows!
default_wacko.png
: He was pretty old though and it just may have been time to go. At least it was quietly.

Awwww Dimi. I'm sooo sorry. Are you planning any kind of special service for his remains? Thank goodness he didn't suffer.

Well, just kinda quiet. Wrapped him in tissue and put him a feed bag. Seemed like the thing to do.

Latest posts

Back