how many dogs do you have

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aktion033.gif
Right now 3 let us share their space. 1Basset,Sealey, 1American fox hound, and 1 Papillon, who was a tip for pizza delivery. More than we need because we have only a small space and also have a 13 year old cat Himself and a very racous parrot Bella.

Just one right now
no.gif
we could handle two adults big doggies were we are with out my family abandoning ship- more and they will leave- but we are looking for a bigger place so we can have more big doggies as well as mini
yes.gif
biggrin.gif

Three dogs here.

Two Poms
wub.gif
wub.gif

One stinky but very sweet mutt
wub.gif

THEN there's my friends mini weenies that live in my yard behind her travel trailer. I don't count them obnoxious barking logs as mine.
thumbdown.gif
and yes I did mean logs not dogs.
rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Mona said:
As for how many is too many...I feel that as long as you have the room, the love, and the financial means to support them, there there really should not be a limit placed on how many one should home.

Some people however, do not realize that they do not have all of this to offer, and soon find themselves in over their heads, even though they are meaning well.  They have such STRONG love for animals, that someotimes they just can't see beyond that.

470029[/snapback]

We have two, they get good care and want for nothing. Mona I absolutely agree with what you have said and if left up to me we would be overrun with pets of every variety. Thankfully, I've got a hubby that has better sense than I do.
laugh.gif

Triggy&Blue&Daisy Too said:
if left up to me we would be overrun with pets of every variety.  Thankfully, I've got a hubby that has better sense than I do.
laugh.gif

470241[/snapback]

Me too! As for the hubbys having better sense than us....SSSSHHHHHHHH!!!!! NEVER put that in writing, as they can and WILL hold it against us!
wink.gif

I have 4 will be 5 on friday
wub.gif
wub.gif

A 13 yr old lab mix Molly, got her on the street in Boston. Brilliant dog.

A 6 yr old lab Luna. Brilliant dog!

2 Jack russell terrier sisters, the short legged kind. Brilliant dogs. My daughters dogs!!
wink.gif
Or that is my story!

A Jack russell terrier boy is coming from Ireland on Friday with my Dad and I know he will be brilliant.

All get regular vet care, get walked daily and loved 24/7.

I would not be without one of them!
wub.gif
wub.gif

I love animals BUT dogs bring a special something to your life!

I don't feel at all overwhelmed by my dogs and would definately take in a stray if he/she needed a home.

They are worth their weight in gold and then some!!!!

I really could not live without a dog, well I guess I don't know what it would be like
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

What is not to love!!

My husband is really not an animal person but even he agrees the dogs are awesome!

We currently have 8 dogs. This is way to many but are all loved.

1 Puppy Bernese Moutain Dog, my daughers new show dog. Only Male

All Spayed Females

1 Boxer

1 Rotty/Lab Mix

1 Basset Hound

1 Heinz 57

1 crapzu

1 poodle/dacshund

1 Australian Shepherd

Out of these 3 of them are very old and will not be with us much longer.

How many is 2 many. Somedays one is 2 many.

Traci

I am down to four dogs for the first time in 37 years and do not plan to get any more. I am at that point in my life where it is time to lessen the load, no more dogs, no more horses and time to clean the closets and garage.

Swabbie Norfolk Terrier 15 yo male

Sammie Norwich Terrier 12 yo female

Teig Norwich Terrier 10 yo female

Boss Kerry Blue Terrier 2 yo male

The Norwich and Norfolk are retired show dogs and the Kerry Blue is just starting his show career.

Well - I am owned by two terriers... but would like to have 3 dogs if I had my own place.... and preferably add in a Borzoi as I had one for nine precious years... and miss her dearly.

Currently my life is run by Fig... (Sunrise Figgy Pudding - born on Christmas Day) a 3 year old spayed Smooth Fox Terrier.... who enjoys Flyball and Agility and hunting mice and anything to do with tennis balls.

GOMRB-007_4A.JPG

...and Tug... (Brrams Tug At My Heart) ... a 1 1/2 year old neutered Border Terrier who is also having fun in Agility and Flyball - although his favourite thig is snuggling on the couch...

002_00A.JPG

We keep our limit at 2 dogs... The hubby has the pit bull and I have the siberian husky. I have had this number for years, and it works best for us. I don't have enough room in my house for more than that, although there are times that I wished I could have a few more. But then "my best buddy" would never forgive me if I brought in another one as he is a very jealous person owner. He thinks that I am only to pet him. So I won't get another sibe until he gets way old and then maybe I might so that he can help to train the new pup as I have found that to be one of the easiest ways to teach sibes. But that won't be for another 5years or better. At least that is what I am hoping!

As far as how many is too many? Well, if the animals are well taken care of, cleaned up after, and they are not left to roam, and don't bother anyone in the neighborhood, then I think that number is really what ever the owner feels comfortable with.

On the other hand, there are some people where 1 dog is way to many for them. Our neighbors had one that lived it's whole life on a chain outside. I hated the way they treated that dog. Just was fed and watered but not socialized in any way with other animals or humans. I wish I could have tied the owners to a chain and left them outside without any companionship for a while!

Mona said:
Me too!  As for the hubbys having better sense than us....SSSSHHHHHHHH!!!!!  NEVER put that in writing, as they can and WILL hold it against us! 
wink.gif

470281[/snapback]

Hey mona speaking of dogs... it has been a while since we have seen a pic of Bear how is he doing? pics pretty please

I have 4 dogs right now.

Alex 2 years old- the black cocker spaniel who gets more loving every day.

Dynamite 7 years old- Audie's silky terrier he had before we were married.

Katie 4 years old- mine and Audie's silky terrier female and our baby girl.

And the newest addition, our traveling companion all 4 pounds of him,

Tate our long haired chihuahua. Everyone is spayed or neutered except Tate and his day is soon coming up.

This is actually more than I can handle some days but there isn't a one of them that I would give up. They all get as much love and attention as we can give them, but with so much traveling to horse shows this year, they deserve so much more. But winter is coming up and I need them to snuggle with when it gets cold. All of them are young so they will be around to keep me company for a long time to come.

We have 3
smile.gif

JACK A 9 year old Pure bred Fox Terrier 14 pounds of "Heat in a can" Lost his right 8 years ago when a horse kicked him
sad.gif
A little love muffin.

Doing what he does best lounging.

jack.jpg

KATIE A 3 year old ????? mix (some kind of herding dog?) Saved her from a PuppyMill and she is so sweet but loves to chase cars within her fence area and does it most of the day
wacko.gif
(my fav. pic the day we got her)

pkatie.jpg

ASPEN Our 1 year old Golden - who is spoiled rotten and loves her people SO much.

aspen.jpg

I would love a Boston Terrier again someday (they are my favorites!)

We have a grand total of 1 dog!
biggrin.gif

She is a full blooded boxer, though we didn't register her. She is my baby, I don't know how I could live without her! (sorry about the size of the picture)

4a72ec08.jpg

We have 3 doggies as part of our family.

Shelby is 8 years old, bought her as a puppy. She's the result of a King German Shepherd crossed with a Border Collie/Wolf, and she's the neatest dog ever!!!

Darcy is about 4 years old, she is a Basenji that we rescued.

And then there is my Homer boy, he's the love of my life, and my protector. He's a purebred Treeing Walker Coonhound, we found that out by accident (long story). I rescued him from life on a 6 foot chain. He is now about 6 years old and now 3-legged, got bit by a brown recluse 2 years ago.

I don't have pics on my computer of the 2 girls, but here is my Homer Dog.........

29150gomerhomer-med.jpg

aktion033.gif
We have 5 dogs, 2 black labs, 2 mini schnauzers and 1 bouvier. Love each and every one of them!
wub.gif

well i have one, the luv of my live, buster. he is mainly black lab has some rotweiler and blue tick. he looks all black lab except for some white on his face and chest.
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif

oh and yesterday almost got a stray form the streets but dad said no
no.gif
no.gif
frusty.gif
frusty.gif
frusty.gif

We have just two dogs, both are neutered. My mini schnauzer Rex, and hubby's aussie, Hinky.

Hinky's real name "was" Waylon. But, back when we lived in Maine, he encountered a skunk and was hit dead on. The poor baby was one hurtin' puppy...so were we, LOL. Anyways, for the longest time, he was just so STINKY...and hubby didn't have the heart to call him that, so he started calling him "Hinky"...and like the peppy lapew (sp?) aroma...the name stuck. LOL. So, now he only responds to "Hinky".
rolleyes.gif

Kinda funny how our time in Maine changed the names of some of our pets...my duck Daphne, was known as "Slider" there for a good bit.
biggrin.gif
Funny story there.
yes.gif
laugh.gif

Anyhoo... Here is Rexy and Waylon...er....Hinky...
wub.gif

100_0081.png

100_0080.png

th_Waylon.jpg

Thanks for letting me share.
cheekkiss.gif

I think if you don't have the time to spend with them and the money to spend on them, then you have to many.

I only have one dog, my family is more of a cat family.

Her name is Brandy and she is a 13 year old Cocker Spaniel.

Latest posts

Back