How does YOUR garden grow?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvmycritters

Reaction score
[SIZE=10pt]Here is a picture of our veggie garden - my husband does all the work, I might help with weeding once in awhile - but other wise all I really do is the canning, freezing ect. And he helps me most of the time with that as well!![/SIZE]

HPIM0162.jpg

Here is a picture of my little flower/pond garden - I am not sure what to call it really...rock garden - pond garden or what?? I have been enlarging it every spring for the last six years or so. It started out as a sqaure of rocks around the existing old pump - well. Now it is much bigger with even a little kidney shaped pond that we put in this spring. ( Before we just had a child's wading pool which had been placed in to a whole in the ground. ) I love putting in new plantlings each year. A couple of weeks ago I hit the jackpot! A neighbor was having a rumage sale and had tons of planted perrienials for one dollar a piece! I went back two day's in a row and bought more and she even GAVE ME as many as I bought - for FREE! WAHOO!!!

Lori

HPIM0158.jpg

Here is another shot of the whole flower garden - with the pump...

HPIM0157.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary, Mary, quite contrary,

How does your garden grow?

With silver bells and cockleshells,

And pretty maids all in a row.

I'm sorry...I just couldn't help myself!!
default_whistling.gif
:

We talk every year about having a veggie garden, etc. Yet, somehow we never do! Maybe next year!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

We keep picking at our flower beds. This is our first house and we'll be here 3 yrs, so we just add to the perrenials every year. This year we have roses and my hubby is beyond thrilled!! (and so am I, of course!)

It's so nice seeing them come up bigger and better each year.

One thing I thought was neat. His aunt (big time green thumb) collected some flowers from her mother's house after she passed away. PLEASE don't ask me what they are! lol
default_unsure.png
:

When we moved here, she gave us some of my husband's grandmother's flowers so that she could be "here" with us.
default_wub.png
:

She passed away before I even met him, but he speaks of her often.

Mary, Mary, quite contrary,How does your garden grow?

With silver bells and cockleshells,

And pretty maids all in a row.
[SIZE=10pt][/SIZE]

Hey Sparkle - that is the rhyme I was trying to think of when I started this thread!!! It is so nice to have memories of family - even if you have never met them!

Lori

They both look great! :aktion033: Thanks for sharing your pictures!
default_smile.png

LOL

You should've seen me reciting all the mother goose rhymes I could think of before I remembered! :bgrin

[SIZE=10pt]Hee hee! I did the same the same Sparkle - you just made it easier![/SIZE]

Lori

WOW....Your onions are beautiful...(they are onions aren't they..lol!) You have some very healthy soil...but that doesn't surprise me..we have the best manure :eek: I struggle with my garden every year..even with the best poop :bgrin

[SIZE=10pt]Hey JumpinJackFarm, guess what - our soil here is ALL SAND! But every spring and fall for the last six years or so - we have been loading our garden with dry ( not fresh ) horse poop. It has been working wonderfully as you can tell! Oh - and yes - those are onions - if you lived near by you would be welcome to your fare share![/SIZE]

Lori

Latest posts

Back