Some garden pics

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weebiscuit

Reaction score
We've had a very cold spring, and extremely dry weather until the last week. My gardens are really behind for this time of June. I planted a lot of annuals on May 15th and they've not done a thing. Even my hostas haven't fully opened! Up till about five years ago I used to have amazing gardens... over 100 roses and thousands of other perennials. But, we tore a lot of the gardens out and expanded the lawn, as it was easier to mow grass than maintain all those plants! I began planting more and more shrubs, and have "garden giveaway" days here, where people just had to bring a shovel and they could dig up perennials for free. It was an easy way for me to get rid of them and it made a lot of other people very happy! I still have a few thousand hostas growing around here. I like them as they really choke out a lot of weeds!

The thing about gardening that I love is that you can look at gardens of 100 different people, and you'll see almost the same plants you have in your own garden, yet the way they are planted and arranged are as individual as the people behind them. It always amazes me to see what others do in their landscapes. In my case, we are in the foothills of the Ocooch Mtns, so there is hardly any level surface, and I had to learn to garden by doing a lot of rock and mortar landscaping to hold the soil on the banks. I'd just love a flat, level yard! Here's a few pics of the gardens on the east side of the house. There are still more on the west and north side!

P1000792.jpg

P1000791.jpg

P1000786.jpg

P1000782.jpg

P1000778.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Your garden is just BEAUTIFUL l'd love to wake up to that every day what a thrill to look out the windows at a labor of love like you've created...l have a brown thumb so am not ashamed to admit l'm jealous
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
and also maybe a little on the lazy side as l can imagine the work involved..

WOW!!!!!! You know, at 113 degrees today, everything is dried up and brown- so I live through every one else's pics to see how the rest of the world lives with GREENERY and beautiful areas like this. Awesome- so green it hurts the eyes! I could sit in this ALL DAY and never get tired of it! Thanks for sharing!!
default_wub.png

PICTURE # 4......Love the old man rock!!!

Your gardens are incredible....I had to go look at your farm on your web page

I encourage everyone to go see your property through your site. My husband was like "yeah,lets move there". Those have got to be the most beautiful pictures ever. I can vision hiking all around your place, the change of seasons, the wild life,nature...its what I hope heaven will be like ( well maybe not the cold winter part ) Please dont be shy posting more lovely pictures!! Thanks so much for sharing.

PICTURE # 4......Love the old man rock!!!

Your gardens are incredible....I had to go look at your farm on your web page

I encourage everyone to go see your property through your site. My husband was like "yeah,lets move there". Those have got to be the most beautiful pictures ever. I can vision hiking all around your place, the change of seasons, the wild life,nature...its what I hope heaven will be like ( well maybe not the cold winter part ) Please dont be shy posting more lovely pictures!! Thanks so much for sharing.
Oh my, ribbie.... how gracious and kind of you to be so generous in your praise! I do love it here, but I love it a lot more in the summer than in the winter, as you could probably guess by looking at some of my winter pics, LOL!

My husband and I have worked very hard to maintain all the riding trails (between five and six miles of them) on our land and our son's adjoining land, and to try and keep the woods from sucking us up, so there's a lot of maintenance, but we both love working outside, and we are just so very very blessed to have our son living so close, as both he and his wife have a very deep love for the land just like my husband and I do.

Back