How did you come up with your farm name?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Life long resident of Litchfield Park

Annual Christmas Parade is called "December in the park"

So, I came up with "Little Horses in the park"

default_wub.png

My grandparents, parents and several uncles had a number of dairy farms all connected by some dusty lanes running through the fields. Many fond memories of hiking that "Dusty Lane" to get to Grandma's house for cookies and milk.

Our farm name is Paint By Numbers Ranch.

A nice member on this forum help me come up with our farm name. I called her when I was looking for minis. I told her I love paint minis. I also told her our last name is Bynum, so she how about Paint By Numbers. I love appy as well. Maybe we should have been Paint By Num Appy Ranch.lol

We loved it. So we are Paint By Numbers Ranch.

Our farm name carries our name

So for AMHA horses we put Paint By Numbers in front of their names

With AMHR we use Paint By Numbers and PBN.We paid a high fee to reserve the farm name with both amha and amhr.

We want PBN with AMHA,but someone else had a close letters, so we couldn't use PBN.

The only thing is Paint By Numbers take up alot of the letters for the foal names, so remember that when you come up with a farm name

AMHA allows 35 letters you have to include spaces as well.

AMHR allows only 29 letters for the foals

Once you come up with a farm name, I would reserve the prefix with amha and amhr so noone else can you your prefix.

Thanks

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Melissa--AMHR allows 35 letters for the name, not 29.
O when did they change it. I was thinking amhr now allows 29 letters that is what I was told a few years ago.I know that amhr 35 letters at first, but i taught it changed.

thanks melissa

There was a brief period of time where AMHR reduced the number of letters you could have in a name, but they soon changed it back to 35. If you go to the website & pull up the registration application you will find that it states 35 letters maximum.

Ive not settled on one yet but im thinking, the first i went with was Blue Moon Miniatures, but it was taken so switched to Two Ponies Ranch, because i have two minis, but i think that is taken as well, so then I went to the Rockin' I Ranch because my last name is Ingleman and it was inspired by Teresas Rocking R Ranch and then now Im at Pepper Mill Miniatures??? Dose anyone like it, is it already taken, please tell me your opinions and evreyones farm and ranch names are all so creative.

Dan

THis was easy. . my birthday is in January - Caprikorn in the zodiac. When I was showing Keeshonden dogs, I changed the spelling to Kaprikorn Keeshonden. I was very successful with them finishing 32 Champions in 5 years (all home bred and shown by me), had the second Top Producing Bitch in history of breed (at that time, may be different now) and my son was the first Junior Handler to qualify a Kees for Westminster Show.

When I "found" the miniatures at a model horse show I realized that I really missed being around live horses(used to raise and show Quarter horses). . .so I decided on trying this. Thus Kaprikorn was again chosen. My logo is also the zodiac sign, but I changed the goat head and legs to horse.

th_kaprikorn.jpg

Naming our farm "Cedar Fields" was an easy choice...the only trees in our pastures are cedars. This is the view from our front porch. The trees stay green and beautiful here year around. It is especially pretty when snow sticks to the cedar trees.

DSCF1591.jpg
Nostalgia.jpg

When my husband and I bought our first home we planted our first tree, a weeping willow tree. I have always thought they were the prettiest most graceful trees. Even when the wind blows you can see them swaying in the wind but it is hard to hear the leaves. They are never noisy and they are not messy. Just a calm tree if there is such a thing. Can you imagine yourself walking with your arms spread open under the tree feeling the branches and leaves as they hang down on a warm spring day. That thought makes me feel happy. When I loose one of my companions (horse, dog, cat) I buy a willow tree angel and date the bottom of it and write their name on it to remember each of them. All of my animals are gifts from Heavenly Father. I love them all very much. They are all miniature in their own way. So my small farm is loving named Willow Tree Miniatures.

Latest posts

Back