How did you come up with your farm name?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Went shopping for an Arab in 1994

2. Instead, bought a pinto with a "target" on his butt and named him Target

3. In 2003, moved Target home and bought a companion mini for him (had to be a pinto) named Cowboy

(Cowboy also has a target on his butt)

4. Big surprise - bought more minis, all pintos.....

5. So named the farm On Target Miniatures

R.O. is my initials and K.O. is my husband's initials.

Put them together for ROKO (pronounced Roe-Koe)

It was all he would agree to, he didn't like any of the fancy names I came up with LOL

I'm horrible with names and had a hard time deciding on a farm name. Our last name is Harris........so couldn't do Harris Ranch since there's a big cattle ranch and food chain with that name. Thought of doing Grayback minis since we have the Grayback mountains in front of our home....but what if we moved? One day it just popped into my head "Eclipse". I had a big horse mare I just loved named Eclipse and liked the idea of a tribute to her. The "Total Eclipse" came because I'm really striving to put quality horses out there with my breeding program and the goal is to eclipse all others....pretty lofty goal I know, but what the heck!
default_smile.png

[SIZE=12pt]We wanted something that represented our immediate fascination, attraction and magnetism to the breed. Therefore, the definition that best described it was "Allure" and thus came the name "Allure Ranch". [/SIZE]

My daughter and her husband have a ranch in the Oklahoma panhandle and they raise Quarter Horses, the registered name of their ranch is Kuel Quarter Horses. In 2001 they brought two Mini's to her Mother, A black stallion named Cee Cee's Mystic Little Man (Blackie) and A Paint mare named Mueller's Lil Zig Zag (Ziggy). It just seemed appropiate to name our little ranch Kuel 1/4 Horses.

I didnt have to be too creative... My husband's family has Diamond G Ranch with a Diamond G brand for their cattle so when I needed a name for the minis we thought and thought and finally decided that since my husband already was a Diamond G Ranch that we would just use if for the horses as well.... I use the shortened version of DGR though....

I have always loved these topics.

For me, It was because I think everyone we meet, every significant person in our lives from the time we are very young to the time we are very old, makes an impression on our hearts. Without our experiences and decisions we have made, our families and friends, those that are still part of our lives, those that have started a new chapter, and those that have passed on, we wouldn't be the be the people we have become. So I thought "Forget Me Not Minis" was appropriate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Neat topic!

Fiddlestix Miniatures & Shetlands....

Our daughter Kelli was a member of the Texas Old Time Fiddler Assocation and has been playing the "Fiddle" since 9 years old. In 1995 when she was given her first Miniature as a gift we wanted to have something unique. We incorporated her fiddle playing into our farm name....Fiddle....the instrument....stix...is what the fiddle bow is called so we just put the two together....Fiddlestix. In 1999 when we acquired our first Shetland then we added "Shetland" to the farm name.

Karen

In order to keep my hubby happy and interested, I named the farm Rusty Acres Farm. My husband is Russ, his nickname as a kid was Rusty. Now we joke that everything around here that is non-horse related items are Rusty, Dusty or broken. LOL!

We are horse people, we know who comes first. Those that say neigh!

I'm bad with names too, my farm name is Morrisville Farm. It's because my boyfriend of 24 years last name is Morris and we live on Morris Lane and I just added the ville. I really wanted KMA Farm, it's been my email addy for years but there is already a mini farm that uses it. I came up with it when I had donkeys, the KMA stands for Kiss My A-- as in donkey
default_smile.png

I'd been tossing names around in my head for awhile and couldn't come up with something that clicked. Then one night I was letting the dogs back in the house before bedtime and I looked up at the sky at all the stars and how they looked so close to our hills and it hit me, Star Hill Farm. I decorate with primitive stars, I have a couple of star tattoos on my back, and we have lots and lots of hills on our farm. I had finally found the perfect name.

Janie

Star Hill Farm

Winchester KY

I am a great fan of the australian episodes of Mc Leod's Daughters, and my name is Claudia, so I made my farm name Mc Claud's Stables, the way you say Mc leod and Claud sounds the same
default_biggrin.png

Our farm is Nixons Hill Farm.

It was my parent's farm and we purchased it from their estate.

Everyone in the area knows about Nixons Hill as it was a favorite place for the area residents to ski and toboggan and because it was next door to the local park and swimming pool, we were never lonely in the summer either
default_biggrin.png

When we were looking for a prefix and a farm name it was an easy choice as we never have to worry that we won't be located by local trades or visitors, since you just have to ask "where's Nixons Hill?"

Sentimentally, I am also glad to still have it in my parent's name and as a tribute to them.

We used to live in Colorado in the shadow of Pike's Peak, hence Peakview Minis. Then we moved to Texas and the real estate agent mentioned that we were lucky to have a great view of Comanche Peak (a little bump compared to CO mountains). So we're still in view of a 'peak'.
default_biggrin.png

My house faces the Creta hills. My ancestors settled here in the late 1800's and the land that I am on and about 12000 acres surrounding it belongs to my family.

Oh, and we pronounce it cree-tuh.
default_smile.png

Our farm name is WRS Farms.

WRS is my husband & mines initials-William & Rebecca Shepherd.

We couldn't do what we love with the horses without each other.
default_wub.png

i hope this get lots of posts
default_smile.png

mine is an easy one

capall = horse in Irish

beag = little/ small in Irish

Capall Beag = Little horse

very simple
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back