How close is your farm to foaling season?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
our firsts are due late February/early March but we'll be bringing one up middle of January for close observation. She has delivered her last two foals quite early (one at 290 and one at 315) - she cooks them really fast! LOL

We're going to have our hands full this year no doubt.

We too will have a few late foals due to the rebreed after foaling this year. Like others, we'll most likely skip them this year to back them up earlier for the following year Not crazy about late foals as it ties us up so many months from doing anything else all summer. We start foaling in February and this year we had couple in June and one in July. LONG season I don't care to repeat after this year. LOL

BEST WISHES TO EVERYONE FOR SAFE DELIVERIES AND HEALTHY FOALS ........... will be excited again this year to see all the foal announcements!

WOW...is it that time again?
default_new_shocked.gif
I have just three or four?
default_unsure.png
Sold several maresl in foal to my WORLD TOP 10-ATLANTIS (A-MAN for short) GOSH...I hope the foals have his beautiful head. This will be his first foals and we are all excited to see what he gives us
default_yes.gif
Cathy has one mare(I was told she is already HUGE) and Cheryl just picked up her little mare Sunday for a Aug foal(fingers crossed) John is geared up to imprint (his specialty)
default_rolleyes.gif
Anywho we are looking at late March thru April on ours. I sure hope everyone has two toes and a nose!
default_saludando.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
We will be back on Mare Stare in Mid February.

Mid March through June should be exciting here, with April and May the zeneth!
default_biggrin.png

Like Kim I did not have any foals last year. I was so lonely without a baby around. I am really excited and wishing the days away waiting for them to start this year.

I have one due in early March and 3 in April. A late one due the first of June to an outside breeding. I have already picked out all the names...funny they are all girl names..lol!

Praying for everyone, myself included, on a non eventful and easy foaling season this year.

My maiden mare is first up...should be late Feb early March but her dam liked to go anywhere between 310-327 days! She's already got a little "sag" in the bag...not bagging up but when the nipples aren't tight to their abdomin anymore and start to sag a bit. I'll be putting her in the barn next week. The other one is due early April. I don't think the 3rd mare took last year so just 2 for this year! What's exciting is they're both new crosses!!

I have one due the end of March and then another around the first of May :) Two is it for me and probably all I can handle.

Good luck with everyone's foaling season.
default_smile.png

We have one mare that just hit the 302 mark.

What kind of cameras do you guys use?? We have halter monitors but our camera monitors died
default_sad.png

We have five foals coming this year with the first being due end of March, one due in April, one due in May, one due in July and the last due in August! SOOOOO looking forward to this years foals.

Valentine is in the foaling stall right now under cam, but we will be moving Red Snow in there the 1st of Feb as she is the first mare due. Our cam streams live through marestare so we hope you all can join us this year once again in the miracle of birth.

Happy New Year!

I am going to have quite a different foaling year this year.

We had an odd breeding season. We had 8 ultrasound confirmed in foal for March/April/May(also,they did not come back into heat) and at re-checks found only 3 in foal, several came back into heat shortly after re-checks...

With our incredible homozygous black and white stallion, Reflections Beyond Stardom, arriving home after a very successful show career to begin his life as a real horse and breeding stallion in July... I decided to see what he could do as a 2 year old!

Well... he settled the three mares he "met" on their first dates!

I will begin watching mares late February with 3 mares hitting their 320 days in mid March.

Then I have a break and will watch 3-4 mares June/July/August ~ depending on pending sales of mares. (oh my! I may have a few show conflicts!)

I am so excited for this foaling season. I have been waiting for so long for my little Reflection Boys to sire their first foals and both of them are making their daddy debuts in 2011

It will be a very colorful year at Azariah Miniatures!

We are expecting 5 foals this year, all but one will be ASPC and AMHR regsistered and one Foal will be regsitered only AMHR. All our foals will be nominated in ASPC & AMHR Futurites according with our foals starting from late February till the end of May which two of the mares are maiden and hopefully all mares will be fine with their deliveries....
default_smile.png

I personally don't have any foals due this year but the guy I work for has one due in May and everyone at the kennel is excited about it. It will be his first mini foal and his maiden mare's first baby. They are big horse people though and have foaled before so we are confident all will be well.

Want to wish everyone here a happy healthy foaling season! Can't wait to see pics of those beautiful babies.

Latest posts

Back