How close is your farm to foaling season?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Wolf Ranch

Reaction score
We hit our "Only 30 days until foal watch" mark as of today!! February 3rd is our first mare's 290 day mark and we are so very anxious to get the foals on the ground - whenever these special mares are ready to "share" them with us!! We have three due this year - all of there 290 day marks are when we start seriously watching and we have one on 2/3/11, another on 2/8/11 and our final one on 2/19/11. Our maiden mare foaled a filly on her 293 day mark this past April and had a beautiful fully developed filly who we lost to a red bag delivery as we just couldn't get her out in time. 

So we have only 30 days left until foal watch - how many days until you are on foal watch?

My first one due is on April 17th. But I fully expect to have at least one mare go in March.

So 3 more months for me!

My first mare is due Feb 28 at 11 months, but she likes to carry 340+ days, so I'm guessing it will be early March before she foals. Another due the end of March, a couple in April and 2 in May. One lone straggler the middle of August.

I start stalling mares when they start bagging up. They'll go under camera at night then. So, probably about another month for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only have the one and she isn't due until late July/ early August... 7 long months of waiting here...
default_rolleyes.gif

We start early this year, April! I can't wait. Pretty sure it'll blizzard all through April though. That's just how things seem to work around here.

Should have some starting in March, have 8 mini mares and 2 arabian mares in foal so should have 10 foals in 2011 if all goes well.
default_yes.gif

Mine go around 340 days, earliest would be Our mare Dicetta who had her foal last year in April, so no watching until first of April

but knowing me I will start in March, we never know for sure.
default_aktion033.gif

My first mare due is at her first possible 300 days tomorrow (she is pasture bred). And the next one will be 300 days on January 24th. I am getting really excited and have been checking bags constantly. I cant believe I am going to be having foals most likely in February! I never breed for this early but bought the two mares in foal.

I have 4 mares that should foal from March into April. So about 2.5 more months!

I'm really looking forward to these babies!
default_wub.png

May 20th is my mare's 330 day mark
default_biggrin.png
Can't wait to set up the camera in April!

I have 2 foals coming in March. One will foal here and the other will be foaled out in OK. at the farm where I am buying the mare from, since I doubt I will get her here before it's too late to transport her. Excited for both, tho!!
default_wub.png

My goats are due in early Feb, so I have one month to go for them, yikes!

Two of my mares are 300 days in Feb, and one of them sometimes goes 312 days, so the end of February into March for them, then my third mare is due in March/April. This is early for me to have them due, so I feel a bit rushed trying to pull things together right after the holidays, but I know it will all be fine.
default_smile.png
After a year with no foals, I'm soo excited to see my foals this year!!
default_risa8.gif

We are starting later than I like this year. Red is our first mare and she foals between 320 and 328 days which will put her March 14-22...unless she changes her mind for some reason. I'm just hoping for another black and white blue eyed filly! All of her fillys have been black and white and all of her colts red and white so the minute I get those front legs I know what we have.
default_yes.gif

All of my pregs have been in their foaling stalls for a couple of months now, but I haven't turned the cameras on yet. I spend too much time lying awake watching them if they are on. (the girls are so entertaining) We have five due this year and 2 are maidens that I am so anxious to see their babies!

The mares just wouldn't cycle last year. We had a cloudy and cold spring. I'm sure hoping to get an earlier start on breeding this spring!

Wishing everyone a safe and thrilling foaling season!

Charlotte

We have 3 mares hopefully bred - have ordered weefoal kits to check, 2 Maiden mares due end of April, and our Marjac mare due in May. We bred later than normal also, one was being shown and we weren't home at the right time to catch the others cycling. Looking forward to all, but especially the maidens - one is our first home bred mare and the other is an accomplished driving mare. Hoping all goes well, good luck to everyone
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Just expecting one here this year and not until about mid April I think, so I have a while. It would be late March at the earliest but I think April.

I am still not sure what will happen this year. We didn't do any scans and they are so fluffy this year it is impossible to see what is under it all. I think I felt movement in Kim when she had a drink the other day but the others nothing yet. They are all running with the stallion all year so I never really know what they get up to when I am not there.
rolleyes.gif

MOst of our foals are due starting in March through May. I have a couple of later ones but will probably leave them open to back them up a bit on foaling dates and give them a break anyway. We cant wait!!!! Its so exciting to see the resulting foals and really makes all the late nights and broken sleep due to the alerts going off worth every minute!Cant wait for them!!

Latest posts

Back