Hours to Drive 2017

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
November is in the books people! So I checked the yearly hours and we are at 259h 55m. That DOES NOT include ground driving. But I was thinking... can we get to 300 driving hours this year? We'd really have to push it but I think we can do it. We need 40h 5m total to get to 300. I won't be able to do any driving until after Christmas but I'm going to see if I can get at least 5 hours between Christmas and New Years. I'll be down south with my horses all that week so it should be doable. Who's with me? I think we've got this!

Great idea, MajorClem! Count me in
default_smile.png
I hope to drive a lot on the weekends when it's not too cold.

I started the driving december on friday evening with a 2 hours night drive (Teddy and Massai). We picked up some forage. I just love let the horses doing some reasonable jobs!

Today, I hitched Massai for a sulky drive, 65 minutes. And drove on the ground with Teddy, 30 minutes.

(36 hours and 25 minutes left :D )

Last edited by a moderator:
The "gifts" for top drivers have arrived! Does everyone want me to post a picture or do we want it to be a surprise? I'm really happy with how they turned out. I ordered them from CountrySide Manufacturing and he did exactly what I asked and did a beautiful job. I think you guys are going to really like them! Let me know if I should post a pic or not. Thanks guys. You're all amazing!!!

20171209_083428.jpg

Bells! Who doesn't love harness bells. LeRoy and his boys custom made these bell straps for us! One goes to each of our top drivers. I hope you all like bells as much as I do. There are also a couple other things going along with the bells and something else for everyone who participated in our driving group this year. This has been so much fun and so motivating for me since I don't have anyone close by to drive with most of the time. You guys keep me going.

Wow, they look awesome!! :D What a great motivation!

I've hitched on friday again, it was cold and dark and the routes where icy... We had to go slow despite of using horse boots with spikes. Massai and Teddy made a great job, 90 minutes for them.

Drove Moony on the ground 45 minutes on friday.

Does sled driving count too? :D We had nice snow on saturday morning, so I hitched Massai and Teddy to the sled. 75 minutes.

Moony was (single) on the sled too for 40 minutes.

45 minutes with Cappy in the sled today. He had fun. Me, too.

Northwolf, I think the sled hours count for driving, I drove a lot last winter with my sled and I think MajorClem counted the hours. What kind of sled do you have?

MajorClem, how many more hours do we need until we reach the cumulative goal? About 30? Time is getting short!

I may be able to add a couple more hours, it is supposed to snow more on Tuesday.

We need 31h 15m to hit our goal of 300 hours for the year. I think we can make it. It's making me crazy that I can't help until the very end of the year....

Northwolf, Yes of course sled driving counts. Any time you've got them hitched and pulling something with yourself at the reins it counts in this group. I'm jealous of those of you using sleds this winter since I sent my horses south where there is no snow. However, I'll probably get more driving hours in down where it's warmer even if I do have to give up time the sled.

Latest posts

Back