Hours to Drive 2017

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10 minutes of ground driving then

30 minutes of driving with Peanut today.

It was cold, he was hot to trot and the cones paid a price. Couldn't be the driver's fault... ?

Thanks for logging the hours MC. Hope you got to drive this weekend!

Last edited by a moderator:
October ended up at 40h 25m driving and 5h 10m ground driving, and you guys have got an awesome start on November.

I ended up staying up north this weekend but I'll be down south for a full week at Thanksgiving. I'm hoping to work with all 4 minis while I'm there. It's time to introduce Pistol to wearing a harness while we go for a walk.
default_smile.png

Thanks MajorClem for catching up all the hours!
default_smile.png
Enjoy your stay at your family and I hope you have a lot of fun with the horses!

I drove at the weekend, but weather was stormy and rainy... even had hail and snow. We were lucky to caught not the very badest times.

saturday 60 minutes with the team Teddy and Massai

sunday 80 minutes again with the same team

Moony enjoyed free time and only had go for walks... too risky to drive with the green horse when it was stormy.

Freezing outside, but I drove again this weekend!

Friday 70 minutes with Teddy/Massai and 45 minutes ground driving for Moony

Saturday 3 hours with the team Teddy/Massai (we visited my parents for lunch... 5 miles one way, so we did about 10 miles!)

Sunday only a short drive with Teddy and Massai, 45 minutes

Freezing outside, but I drove again this weekend!

Friday 70 minutes with Teddy/Massai and 45 minutes ground driving for Moony

Saturday 3 hours with the team Teddy/Massai (we visited my parents for lunch... 5 miles one way, so we did about 10 miles!)

Sunday only a short drive with Teddy and Massai, 45 minutes
Do your team horses drive all right by themselves, or do they prefer to be with each other?

I love the idea of a destination on a drive! Wish I had someone/somewhere as a destination in that distance.

They actually prefer to be in the team, but single driving is also working great with both. Sometimes, Massai tries to bite his teammate, especially when he's cantering. I'm not sure if it's an invitation to play or if it's an angry manner. He use to show this behavior too when the teammate is not working as he espected. E.g. when the other horse tries to go in another direction on a crossroad or is oppose in any way, Massai always gets angry and wants to bite the colleague... Sometimes it's not very helpful... Luckily, Teddy is a very cooperative teammate.

Yes, driving to a destination is very cool! We plan to do this more often.

Maybe, you can drive to a restaurant for having a break and a meal and then drive back? 8) Or have picnic or something! We also meet friends for having lunch or dinner in a restaurant and I was arriving with a cart while they were riding on their horses.

30 minutes of ground driving Peanut.

15 minutes of driving (in the dark!)

Marsha, I hope your session was interesting in a GOOD way, me and Peanuts was interesting in a not so good way. I am going to blame it on that moon!

1 hr 45 min today. We hitched 4 horses to 4 vehicles and were our own parade. My son drove Candace (with my mom as his groom) and I drove Clementine. So both minis got a good workout today and we all got to drive together.

Peanut!was driven 45/ minutes today, my husband drove him for 15 and I drove him 30/so his log time would be

30/minutes. Well, THAT was long winded, lol and tonight I have random ///'s !

1 hr 15 min ground driving Clementine today. We started out rough but ended with more focus than she's had for months.

My son drove Candace for almost two hours (doesn't count for my time but I'm pretty proud of him).

I bet your son is looking forward to Christmas vacation so he can have more time with his mini ☺

Last edited by a moderator:
10 min of driving Candace and Smoky (a friends mini who is the perfect teammate for Candace). I have 45 minutes of harnessing if you count harnessing for my son then unharnessing to switch harnesses, then harnessing as a team, and unharnessing again..... All for a whopping 10 min in the driver seat. But the horses got over 2 hours of driving so that's good.

Back