Dapper Dan, ambassador

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A lady I met at a parade brought her Downs daughter out to drive horses. We rode in the cart at first and she took turns driving with me; Rowdy was in harness. I wasn't comfortable with her driving in the cart by herself with Rowdy, but I felt she could do well in the sulky with Dapper Dan. At first she was afraid to get into the sulky, but once situated she got her confidence. I stayed close by, but she did fine by herself. She was a delightful lady. They would have taken Dapper Dan home with them in a minute, but I would never part with him.

Dapper Dan now has arthritis and bone spurs, so I don't let him work too hard any more. The light sulky with one adult is a good haul for him. It keeps him in condition and he can still do what he enjoys.

We will all go driving again, I'm sure!

Hava and DD.jpg

AWESOME!!
default_thumbup.gif

That is also a good shot of our chicken house/pen and the garden with the tire raised beds.

Dapper Dan is on Adequan, joint supplement, and he gets a dose of Banamine before working, per vet's instructions. He was frisky as a lamb the next day so I know the workout wasn't too much for him.

He is so handsome, and such a good boy! Love the background in this pic, what besutiful scenery!

How fantastic for everyone!

I, too, love the background. Thank you for the explanation.

Latest posts

Back