Hospital Care I don't get this

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll come stay with ya Marty! But you know me I have a hard time not pushing buttons and touching things.
default_rolleyes.gif
: When do I need to be there?

Well my opinion on Hospitals is this! Right this moment I am sitting next to my critically ill husband. He was fine 2 weeks ago, and now he is on a ventilator in the Critical Care Unit. Hospitals are like everything else. Law Enforcement, large corporations, Government agencies. The right hand lots of times doesn't know what the left hand is doing. So my suggestion would be that anyone going into the hospital needs someone to be with them to make sure that they get the correct medications, ect. It is like anything else. There are good nurses and bad nurses. Just the other day a new nurse came in and turned up the sedative my husband is on. She had it way to high. I told her and told her and others, but no one would listen. Sure enough that afternoon his blood pressure dropped to like 55 or 20. I almost lost him. All I can think of is what if I had not been there? So yes yes yes, have someone stay with you. It is for your healths sake.

[SIZE=12pt]Marty,[/SIZE]

This is the reason Zac was born at a free standing birth center, with a certified nurse midwife, not at a hospital. Mia's top of the line women's hospital delivery, and the care before and after (or criminal lack thereof) was a nightmare. Zac's delivery was hard, painful and the best experience of my life! He was born just before 5 am and we were driving through McD's on the was home by 7:45 am!

I will second the others that say it depends on the hospital and the area. In fact, from my house I have 4 hospital locations that I could go to all within an easy 1/2 hour drive.

There is one that the joke is that you "pray for Mercy" if you have to go there as they are not known to be that great.

Then there is another that is known to be excellent for trauma cases and if you are in an accident, that is where you want to be seen.

And the other two hospitals that are named the same are excellent, especially if you have heart related situations. In fact, they have been ranked as one of the best in the NW for heart care.

With that said, when I had surgery last year I went to one of the two that were known for their heart care. It should be noted that I chose the hospital, and upon asking I discovered that the surgeon that was taking care of me worked at both the the hospitals of the same name and also the one that is known for the trauma care.

But, the hospital staff is what I was concerned about. The hospital staff was nothing less than top notch. They didn't want me doing anything. I of course was able to feed myself, but they were in my room every hour to see to my every need.

If you have a say, try to investigate other hospitals in your area. It just may be worth it to drive further to get the care that you deserve!

Otherwise, I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers Marty!

Back