Horses going crazy around here!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stormy

Reaction score
Weather has been so unseasonably warm wih lots of sun (not Michigan like at all!) all my mares are coming in heat and driving the stallions nuts!! Loving the weather but not used to all the noise and nonsense this time of year!!
default_wacko.png

It was 29 degrees thursday and today it was 67 this is why i am sick. My horses arent really that fuzzy except for my filly. This weather is crazy!

My horses have THICK winter coats and they ve ben sheding out espesially on the face the last 2 weeks its so weird its ben in the 40-50 range and weve only had snow twice this year this is WISCONSIN lol

Crazy Michigan weather! This is the first time, in a long time, that there was no snow on my B-Day in January! I always have remembered snow! But not a complaint!!! LOL!! Kinda nice to do chores in regular clothes, not Carhartts!! LOL!! Horses are definately full of Spring vinegar!

Last edited by a moderator:
We are experiencing an artic winter, the ground is frozen solid, god help us if it snows. The mares have not stopped coming into season all "winter" Rabbit is not too old for all that nonsense but he is old enough to realise it is not possible at his age through a scaffolding pole fence!!!

I've had mares cycling for the last two weeks, and everytime I rub a forehead I get lots of hair as a reward.

Mine are crazy like the weather also. My stallion is starting to shed! This morning it was 60 degrees and a nasty strom blew through and an hour later when I pulled into work it was 50 degrees, it is supposed to get down into the teens tonight...just nuts!

We are also in Michigan (far north) we finally got 1 and a 1/2 feet of snow a few days ago but our minis are really confused. Some are rubbing their fur off, some are in heat, some are sweating, both stallions are thinking of spring flings, this winter is just too weird
default_wacko.png
Hoping for an early spring

and be done with it, even though we've enjoyed a very light winter and not having to take the tractor out to plow the yard, snow shoveling everyday

just to get out of the door, shoveling pathways for the minis to get around, slipping and sliding all over the place. Yep, even with a light winter, I'm

over it, bring on the flowers!

I'm in New England and I have 2 horses shedding and one mare that hasn't stopped cycling. The weather has been strange here as well.

I'm in NC....the highs last week were in the 40s....last night was 25...today it is 60..wow....

Back