horrific case of neglect

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His eyes are something. Such a life force in there. I waited a long time to read this thread. But when I finally looked, it is much worse than I could imagine. And his face tells you of the waiting for something that never came. Until now. Thank you for giving him something that he should have gotten all along. Courtesy of being treated like a living creature.

Sorry, Parmela, I still disagree. A thin horse is underweight and not getting enough calories to maintain itself. It's owner responsibility to insure that the animals in our care meet it's health and nutritional requirements. No matter our situation. If we lose our jobs, fall upon hard times, have health issues, have an accident, etc, it's still our responsibillty to feed our animals. If we can't do it, then we find someone who can. You can't take a 'wait and see' approach. Time doesn't wait.
OMG what kind of human being could allow this to happen...

I Agree with Becky, No IF's AND's or But's.. If you have animals.. their lives are in your hands and if you cannot keep them fed or give them the care they need then give them to someone that can. ANYONE that can watch an animal starve or see them in need and just turn their head is evil in my eyes. They know exactly what they are doing to those animals and I don't buy the excuses.. Lost my job, was sick, etc.. There are too many good people out there that would jump to help but when you just leave them to starve OR get thin for whatever reason.. That is UNACCEPTABLE !!! Maybe those people should be placed in a cage or an area where they cannot get their own food and be left hungry and in need of care and let them feel the pain and suffering these poor abused animals feel.

I have NO tolerance for ANY animal abuse. The sad part is these abusers get off to darn easy in todays society. I am with Marty... Give me 60 seconds with them.

Now that I got that off my chest.... I sure hope it is not too late for this poor little guy. He has amazed me that he is still standing. Please keep us posted on his condition and I'm sending LOTS OF PRAYERS that he continues to improve each day.

pain and suffering these poor abused animals feel
This is the bottom line... PAIN & SUFFERING! Like drk said.

We aren't just talking about something that doesn't look as pretty as we would like for it to or as we think it could. We are talking about a living creature that HURTS! Have you ever gone hungry? It HURTS! And as time goes on the creature becomes more and more mentally distressed as it's body is telling it to get nutrition or it won't survive. It gets weaker and weaker as the days pass. The emotional toll must be as great as the physical one.

I keep checking here hoping for a good report and feeling fear when there is no report.

Charlotte

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't stand it and called the refuge -- Champ is doing OK - still with us anyway -- donations are always needed -- now I can go and have a good cry while I type in my credit card info

GOOOOOO Champ ! ! We are rooting for you ! ! !
default_aktion033.gif

Stacy

Seeing Champ in this condition has just flipped my whole day upside down. Just the thought of someone like this getting a hold of one of my precious babies in the future scares me to death.

I just don't understand how someone didn't see and report the abuse this poor baby was suffering before he got to this horrific condition. How could this person/persons starve this baby like this day after day and sit down at a dinner table to eat... is beyond belief.

Stacy, thank you for letting us know he is still hanging in there.

new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
this has to be the thinnest horse i've ever seen, big or small! i'm just shocked he's still standing. if he lives i have name ideas, Chance, Lucky, Miracle.

What a sweet little man. I sure hope he makes it and his previous owners get what they deserve..
default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif

Stacy--thanks for the update!!!
default_yes.gif

Just the thought of someone like this getting a hold of one of my precious babies in the future scares me to death.
That is a major reason why I stopped breeding...and selling. I had great luck with two buyers, but one didn't keep in touch. I'm confident they are compassionate and taking great care of the horse they bought from me.... but I'd sure like a photo.
default_unsure.png
What a relief it is to NOT be worrying about THAT any longer.

Go Champ!!
default_wub.png

whoa, I have never seen a mini that thin. Terrible! Beautiful head on this horse, though!

Update on Champ in new post!! Video included!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Okay already...where is this link to a video? I went back to page 1, then to page 3, now back here, and don't see any link???
default_wacko.png
default_unsure.png

Edited to add; I found the new post...DOH!
default_doh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back