horrific case of neglect

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no idea of any charges or not. I will try and find out if anything is being done on a legal level.

I am just so glad AC worked fast and got the little guy to Alaqua. The 2 agency's have a great relationship and Alaqua gets most of the large animal neglect cases. They also have 100s of dogs and cats for adoption. I am a mama and pup foster home.
default_wub.png

Absolutely HORRIFIED!!! Words fail me - poor poor little chap - but what an amazing fella he must be - that face, those eyes, that will to survive!

Prayers coming his way by the bucket full!

Anna

I am so happy to hear he made it through the night. He has incredible will and fight. I pray when he has recovered he finds the most loving home any little guy could have. It breaks my heart !

Please keep us posted if you can on his progress and of course pics would be appreciated too
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
That just sends me over the edge!
new_shocked.gif
How can people do that to a horse, or any animal!!! Oh I would love to say something to the people responsible for this. Sending prayers to him.

I'm amazed he's still alive. He's just a skelaton on legs! But what a spirit to live. I certainly hope criminal charges are placed against the owners because that's what this is....a crime. Prayers that this amazing colt pulls through.
default_pray.gif
:pray Please keep us updated on his progress!

There is no excuse for this. NONE! This makes me crazy and furious. I would like just 60 seconds in a room with the person that caused this. Yalls could have what's left, but I'm first.
That would NOT be enough Marty! I really think whoever did this should have to live in this poor wee fellas shoes for a short while, say the same length of time it took for him to end up in this condition. How could anyone look in those sweet eyes and then look in the mirror???

I sure hope you can get him back in flesh. He is one tough pony to still be alive!

What sort of a monster could do this.I can not even put into words what I feel every time I look at that little one and Im not very often speechless.

Stella, any idea the back ground on this little one. I am having a real difficult time understanding where this horse must have been kept....did this person never have visitors....live so far out of the way that they had no neighbors, was he dumped somewhere and left to die...

How can people be so blind....someone must have seen something..we all know this did not happen in a week or 2.

default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

OMG. I've seen thin horses but I've never seen one like this and still standing. It's all been said already, but how appalling that someone let him get this way! It's just beyond my comprehension, and way beyond a lost job or a bad situation....
default_sad.png

Jan

Oh my. With tears in my eyes I am saying huge prayers for him. I'm shocked. Does he have a name? Kisses to the little fellow.

sending a ton of prayers to this precious little fellow!!! i sure hope that he pulls through this!! ill be looking for updates

At times like this how I wish CMHR was a seizure rescue; but the fact is, we're just not animal cops.

If only these people would have contacted us at CMHR would have accepted him into our program in a heartbeat, or at the very least helped in other ways with some of our many resources. People need to understand that CMHR does not pass judgement on individuals or publicize their names. We are only there to help the horse.

I sure wish that any of you carring people that posted would join CMHR and perhaps offer to foster for us because unfortunatly, this kind of thing is getting worse and worse every day and to say we have our hands full is an understatement.

Stella, I think it would be wonderful if you could send a huge thank you to the person(s) responsible rescuing this horse and please keep us updated.

default_no.gif
default_no.gif
default_no.gif

When I think of just how little food it takes to keep my horses from getting too fat....

Thank you to those working with this little guy.
default_wub.png

Thank you for the updates.

I have never seen an animal this thin survive. There are simply no words to fit this situation..."speechless" is right.

Just checking to see how he's doing today....still
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

Amanda, I just emailed you...it says blocked??

Just wanted to let you know its been sent

Last edited by a moderator:
I sure wish that any of you carring people that posted would join CMHR and perhaps offer to foster for us because unfortunatly, this kind of thing is getting worse and worse every day and to say we have our hands full is an understatement.
I really wish I was closer , I have plenty of space and Id love to foster minis , I would and have taken in many waifs and strays in need of tlc

I know that most people reading will know this but one of the things Ive learnt is not to feed too much protein too soon , when their bodies have gone without for such a long time they seem to have problems processing the protein and can go into organ failure very easily

So far he is still hanging in there. Alaqua has named him Champion. Here is a link to their website. Alaqua webpage You can see the kind of work they do, and what a beautiful place he is at. They also have a Facebook page, which is where they have been posting his updates and pics. Alaqua facebook page

Thank you all so much for all the good thoughts and prayers!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Please, God, let this colt be okay.

I've never seen anything that pitiful or upsetting.

Latest posts

Back