horrific case of neglect

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StellaLenoir

Reaction score
sadmini.jpg
2 year old starved mini

This mini was just taken in by a wonderful animal rescue I foster for, Alaqua Animal Refuge. He is only 2 years old. He arrived at the animal refuge laying down, but has since stood and shown some interest in eating. He is at the best place he could be, but needs lots of prayers and good thoughts.

thank you. The link is for Alaquas Facebook page. Second one is there Web page if you are interested. Alaqua Animal Refuge

Edit Update on page 3

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy Frijoles!!
default_new_shocked.gif
How can he look like that and be standing up?! This stuff just kills me...I bet his previous owners eat three meals a day. :arg!

OMG now that is a will to live!! I would not believe an animal that starved could survive much less stand up. God Bless whoever got that horse out of that situation. I pray that horse gets to live, he deserves it after everything he has gone thru to get to where he is now. Hopefully only good things will come his way now.

That picture just makes me cry.

Our local animal control pulled him from the 'home' very quickly. They did not waste time with BS, just got him to safety thank goodness!!!

new_shocked.gif
That just breaks my heart ... I still even after all the abuse and neglect I have seen of animals can NOT fathom or believe that people would do this to an animal in their care.

How can you sit and eat dinner and look out at this ?

Please tell me the owners have been or are being charged ?

Stuff like this makes me want to go hug my babies.

Poor little man is definitely in my prayers.

How heartbreaking. There is no excuse for the condition of this little guy. I always try to walk a mile in someone elses shoes before placing judgement but this is just wrong!

Thank goodness he is in good hands now please keep us updated.

There is no excuse for this. NONE! This makes me crazy and furious. I would like just 60 seconds in a room with the person that caused this. Yalls could have what's left, but I'm first.

That is just ROTTEN! Poor little guy! Sending good thoughts with him. It looks like once he actually gets his proper weight back on he will be a really nice looking horse.

Oh my gosh...I don't think I've ever seen a live horse that skinny! That's pure insanity. Even a non educated person can tell that little horse is starving to death. I really hope he makes it, even as skinny as he is he still has a gleam in his eye!!
wub.gif

Thank you all so much for the prayers. I will update as soon as I know anything. I am very hopeful for him, as Alaqua has done wonders for starved horses before. They have some full size horses that came in just about in the condition of this guy, and they made it! There is a vet on staff, and lots of love and help there.

I'm amazed at the life and alertness you can see in his eyes. This little one definitely has a will to live. I pray that he does. Words can't express the disdain I feel for the low lives that would let this happen.

Oh...my...god... i just don't know what else to say other than the person who allowed this to happen should be put through the same!

Sending good thoughts!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sending LOTS of Prayers for this poor little guy.
pray.gif
I have never seen a horse so bad. The people should be shot! NO EXCUSE!!

This is truly the thinest animal I've seen still alive. And look at him! His head is up, his ears up alert and his eyes still have life in them. What an amazing spirit this horse has. My prayers for him and his caregivers.
wub.gif

And Diane, never truer words spoken.

That poor little guy is nothing more than a walking skeleton!
default_no.gif
I am amazed that his organs have not already shut down. Those people truly should be locked up & starved the way they have done him!
default_1857272.gif
default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif

Sending prayers that this little guy with a GARGANTUAM will to live, is able to come back, and live a wonderful, happy life with all the food he wants, and experience what it's like to be LOVED!
default_cheekkiss.gif

I can not believe he is still alive! Oh that poor little guy! Thank goodness he has his rescuers!!!!!

OMG! I opened the thread expecting an emaciated animal but nothing on this level ! I am absolutely stunned, I have seen many starved and neglected animals before but this must be the worst , I so hope he makes it

Latest posts

Back