HORRIBLE ICE STORM IN OKLAHOMA

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of the surrounding towns and parts of Altus are FINALLY getting some power back on!!!
default_smile.png
Everyone has pulled together and we have help from KS, NM, TX and lots of areas of OK. I finally started to feel optimistic yesterday as I was driving home. The linemen were on my road putting up new poles. And when I went a little farther I saw even more elect company trucks. In an 8 mile drive I counted 62 elect company trucks. It was an AWESOME sight. They are still telling me that it will probably be weeks before I can get power because I am rural, but at least there is hope!!!!

And the news was reporting last night that Elgin had power and Fletcher should today. (That is where REO is)

Thank you for thinking of us!
default_wub.png

We don't have power yet. Karrel was able to borrow a little generator and he hooked it up this morning so I'm able to get on the computer for a few minutes.

Good news! The crews are on my road right now!!!

This has been horrible.

11 AM Thursday the power went off. It was raining and that was freezing as it hit. We were encased in 1" ice. These huge trees were snapping off and sounding like cannons! It was scary to me!

THEN the frozen sleet started! The power poles were snapping, lines were down.

Karrel barely made it home. I-44 was blocked off and so were the back roads and our road. He talked the cop into letting him shimmy the car under the downed lines.

6 days and nights I've sat here freezing in my house. NO heat, no water, nothing. It was 28-30 degrees in our house. I hung on like that for 4 days and then called the power Co and asked for a maybe when and when she said 10-14 more days, I started to cry.

It is horrible when you're a huddled shivering ball in your own house BRRRR

a 12 foot limb fell on my mare's back, but she's ok.

My hubby and horses are ok and that's all that matters. It's true, I have been a basket case of worry and I refused to leave my horses.

I'm so glad to hear everyone is ok.

I pray that Jules (cretahillsgal) and Theresa (rockin R) will have power back soon. I worry about Theresa's health.

I hope to have real power back in the next day or two!

Please stay safe!!

I took pics of our place which I'm trying to get done so I can show you, but the program is fighting me. UGH. I'll post them when I can!

Thank you Carol and Lois for your help! I contacted my auction winners first thing
default_smile.png

Looks like I got happy a little too fast
default_no.gif

They were out of state guys (and working their butts off!) They are replacing all the down poles and stringing the main lines down the roads.

When the pole across the road snapped, it broke the line coming to our place across the street here. They did not fix that. So there will be power going down the road but none for us until the local people (of the 10-14 day fame) can come string the line over to us and hook us back up. *sigh*

BUT I'm very thankful for these guys and that power will soon be near. (so near and yet so far)

I was depressed but now have hope again!

SMOOCH REO!!!!! Glad you guys are still doing okay. We dont have a generator to loan you, but maybe I can swipe one from a relative once they get power back on.
default_smile.png

A good note now, is that power is now back on in the little towns around me. It is just going to be a loooong wait for us rural gals!

Robin Im glad you got the generator and can get a lil heat ! and you can play on the puter ;-) anyway Im gonna keep prayin that you get

your power back before 10days !

Hang in there !!!!!

Jules I hope that they get your power on soon too !!!!

Nancy do you have your power back on yet ??? I worry bout all my gal pal horsey friends and with my job i feel bad i cant come help ya !

Latest posts

Back