HORRIBLE ICE STORM IN OKLAHOMA

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 488

Reaction score
I just heard from Robin (REO). She has been without power for 24 hours now and tells me her property has been demolished from the ice. Trees are down all over the place making it impossible for her to get anywhere. Her home is OK and the horses are fine but she says it could be a week before she gets power back. She is very worried about all her friends in Oklahoma so please check in.

She is also worried about her AUCTION that has ended. So if you do not hear from her and you were a winner please do not think she is not getting the stuff to you in a timely manner.

I hope everyone else is OK.....please check in and let us know everything is OK with you and people around you!

Carol

I am not from OK, but we sure do have a lot of forum members (and non forum members too) from there. I sure hope that all are okay?

Beth

The auction will be in contact with the winning bidders of her auctions as they close to let them know of the problems she is experiencing with the weather. I hope that the storm passes soon and that everyone stays safe.

Lois

While we didn't have an ice storm, we did have a nasty storm and we were without power for 4.5 days this past weekend (Friday 6:30AM til Tuesday 7PM with no power and then it went out again for 3 hours wednesday morning). We survived, but 0-10 above with not power isn't fun; we have a small portable generator, enough to run the water pump and a few small things to get us by. So glad power is back on.

Wishing all well in OK.

So far, all the ice and snow has stayed north and east of us here in the very southeast corner of Oklahoma. Our weather forcaster said a chance of 1-3 inches of snow today, but it looks like we may miss it.

I'm concerned about Becky, Charlotte, and many others in the OKC area, in the heart of the ICE area. Snow is not that big a deal, but ice can be devastating.

It's snowing it's tail off here in Missouri. I hope those who are getting the ice are doing okay! From the looks of things it's south of us that is getting the worst of things. Stay warm down there!

Freeland, We, Becky, Viki are ok so far. The bad ice starts about 10 miles south of us. We have about 1/2" on the trees and power lines and if we dont' get wind we should be ok.

Snowing heavily right now, but if the power just stays on we can survive.

We did manage to get a rebuilt generator on Wednesday and an electrician to come wire the well pump so we could water the horses if necessary. In '07 we lost a foal from a mare colicing because she wouldn't drink ice water. 5 days with no power and unable to get out of here because of down trees that time. I'm so worried about all the horse owners in the middle of the bad area.

I hope we hear from more Forum members.

Charlotte

Oh no, for Robin!

As Charlotte said, we here in central OK are fine. They predicted the worst for us, but luckily, we got more sleet than freezing rain, so we didn't get as much ice accumulation as areas southwest, south and northeast did. Right now it's snowing heavily and I am not too happy about that.

We stocked up well on supplies knowing this was coming in. Plenty of feed, hay and bedding for the horses and food for me!
default_smile.png

Sure hope Robin and Karrels' power comes back on soon. I know how miserable and difficult it is from not having any. Both from ice storms and severe spring weather here.
default_sad.png

Hope you are OK REO, praying your electricity comes on soon. Glad all the rest of you have managed to escape the ice. It looks like the snow will be over soon for OKC. Its heading toward the Northeast now. I hope we scrape by and don't get any. We have shingles to replace from the 60 mile an hour winds from last Monday already.

I hope everyone makes out ok, keep us posted! Wow, 0 - 10, how do you manage anything in that???

I'm in central Missouri and so far all the bad stuff has missed us. I remember what it was like 2 years ago when we had our ice storm and am keeping my fingers crossed that everyone in the hard hit areas are ok.

I just heard from Stephanie, 3C. they are in bad shape.

Power lines are down EVERYWHERE in the area. Snapped poles, broken lines, etc
Her farm is at the end of the power line so it may be days before they are back on and her generator isn't working. She's trying to get it fixed.
Charlotte

Oh, dear- what a horrible situation down there for you folks. Glad some of you are ok. Wish there was something we could do to help out.

I well remember when we were out of electricity due to an ice storm for 9 days ~ we then got a generator and thank goodness for that because then the elec went down for 15 days a couple of years ago. So glad we had a generator.

I sure feel for you guys.

We're okay here in Shawnee, lots of ice, broken tree limbs, lots of snow but we are fine. The only thing not working was the satellite but it is now back on. I had to work to get the truck door open and it took awhile to clear the windows but thanks to 4 wheel drive I have been able to get back and forth to work and to the farm. It is still snowing and since we were only supposed to get 2-4 inches, it should have stopped hours ago.

Mary

We are from Tulsa, OK and we are doing fine and already prepared for this weather.

In 2 years ago, we had BAD ice storm and broke almost all of our trees and some damage on the fences and no elec for 10 days!..

We learned our lesson and get all things be prepared and we did trimmed our broken trees and make sure all the tree wouldn't fall or damage on our fences again and we hooked up the wall heater (natural gas) and it will KEEP all the house too WARM...
default_smile.png

Right now, we have 1/2" to 1" of ice and then 7" of snow and I will try to take photos tomorrow or next day.

Hope everyone is doing fine in OK, MO and AR.

STAY warm everyone!..

We are in SW OK and it looks like a war zone. Power lines and poles are laying everywhere. Utility company told us to expect 30 days without power. We have a generator and wood stove, so are surviving, but it is certainly going to be a challenge. Horses are in shelter but I worry about them going under the trees. Towns will be in power in a few days, we we are so rural it will take a long time to get our lines fixed.

Stephanie, I am sorry to hear you got hit, too, and hope you get your generator up and running soon. This is the worst ice storm anyone can remember here.

Marsha

Well of course the way my luck as been lately...we have no power, for over 24 hours now. We do have a generator, propane heat the water comes and goes. You cannot see out the windows because down trees, limbs and limbs hanging down. Last time this happen we went without power for 6 days. Our geneator sure does suck down the fuel, going to have to learn to do without it some.

We will be fine, just suxs!

Be careful around the trees, and when they start thawing they will be like sling shots. Gosh I am going to have alot of work to do when it thaws.

Take care everyone

Praying that this ends soon for you all and that your power is restored quickly. Ice storms always make such a mess. Stay safe..........

Latest posts

Back