HORRIBLE ICE STORM IN OKLAHOMA

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, after our bad rains and flooding here a week ago this is nothing compared to you guys- and they even declared the entire state of AZ a disaster. Wishing you all well and be safe and hope everyone's horses and other critters are ok!!!! I must say I have never experienced an ice storm- doesnt sound like I want to either!!! Hope those that need help get it SOON.

Wow, we get an ocasional ice storm here but nothing like what you have! Stay warm and stay safe, hope your power is restored sooner than you expect.

Jan

Goin nuts! Was a short trip
default_wink.png
Still no power and it is 19 degrees. Looks like we might get above freezing tomorrow, then I will be cussing the mud.

Satelitte is froze up, can only get latino and gospel channels..have to fire up the laptop to get weather. Just looked at our coop (power) company 5130 homes without power
default_wacko.png
At least we are one of the red dots which is 500 or more and they are suppose to do red dots 1st. So there is hope, at least our little town finally has power..something I never thought about..you can not pump gas when power is out. Had to drive 25 miles for fuel for generator
default_sad.png

We are cooking on the charcoal grill later...fun...hope hubby is going to do it..cold out there..I'd rather use the crock pot.

Be safe, I haven't heard from Julie, Creta Hills, hope she is OK.

Very grim here in SW OK. We have generator and wood stove. Utility company says it might be 30 days for our rural area to get power back. The poor trees!! It is a terrible sight. My horses seem to be staying under shelter and, thank goodness, avoiding the areas with trees. I heard a big crack this morning and crash of one falling into the pond. This is a challenging time. Good luck to all the other forum folks in the area!

Marsha

here in SW Missouri, we barely missed all the ice. We had about 8-10in o snow fall in about a 12hr time. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in the areas that have been effected by this nasty storm. If anyone in the AR/MO/KS/OK areas needs help just let me know.

So glad everyone is okay. We had a storm like that a couple years ago. And you can not WAIT for it to be over. And the damage it does, my gosh.

Sorry you are all going through this.

default_new_shocked.gif
OH MY! Sounds like a real war zone where it has hit hardest, and will sure leave a lot of clean-up for those living in those areas.
default_no.gif
I cannot imagine being without power for days on end. Our power goes out a LOT here too, but only for several hours stretches, not days on end. Earlier this wonter, ours went out for about 8 hours, and was -36C, so didn't take long for the temps in the house to drop FAST! I hate to think what it might have been like if it had stayed out longer! Sending prayers that you and your critters all stay safe and sound.

Just talked to Robin again. I cannot even imagine what they must be going through. The have no heat and no water. Of course they can't shower or even flush the toilet.
default_new_shocked.gif
She has a little propane grill that she is able to cook on for the time being. The horses have water for now but that is what she is most worried about. Hopefully people in the area can help out in some way. I know Robin would never let her babies go thirsty even if she has to call the Fire Dept. for water.

She has piled on so many clothes I don't see how she can even move.
default_no.gif
My heart goes out to anyone in this situation. We lost power the other night during a snowstorm up here for only 4 hours and it was tough!
default_wacko.png

Carol

Oh no! Sounds horrible, to say the least! Is there anywhere she can go and take her horses until this problem is fixed?

Oh no that is just horrible. I cant even imagine having to go through that. I hope everyone in OK gets some kind of help or relief soon.

Please tell Robin(REO) that we are thinking of her and praying.

And everyone else we are praying and thinking of them too.

So sad
default_no.gif
Its just horrible

I am so sorry that she is without power and water. I sure hope they get the power lines fixed there soon. I'm sure they are working as quickly and thoroughly as they can to get everything repaired. I hope everyone stays safe.

Our power went out Thur at 11:30 am, 4 days no power, this am the house was 26*. Art said this is enough! And I was running out of my meds. I put up a good fight but lost. I have never had to leave my home before or my horses, Cried as we left the driveway. Marsha is right, it looks like an Atomic Ice bomb was dropped on us. We could not get out. Finally a grader came out today and pushed the power poles off the road enough for us to get thru. We had to drive over live wires. I have never been so cold in my life. We have alot of damage. Trees on our house and stud barn. Our town is closed. No one can get in, only out if you can get out. Art went back to take care of the horses and he was asked for ID to get back in. We are staying with my son in lawton, 33 miles South of us. We were going to go by REO's but they way we were detoured led us miles away from her. We passed a Highway patrol and stopped and asked if they could get out and he said yes. I will post pics maybe tomorrow if I can....I hope that everyone who is in the path of this storm is WELL prepared...

There is another storm coming next week.... God help us!

We dodged the bullet here in south central Missouri. They were predicting several inches of ice for us, but we just got 8 - 10 inches of snow. We had a horrible ice storm exactly a year ago, so I know how REO and all the rest feel! Our power was out for 7 days, and that was the longest 7 days of my life! We had trees and limbs down all over the place! Sure hope all y'all get your power back SOON!

Melba

I am praying hard for you all. I hope the next storm misses you.

love,

Robin

Oh, dear.
default_no.gif

Sending warm thoughts and prayers for everyone out there! I hope everyone comes through safe and sound.

I am at work this morning. We have a generator so have heat for a bit and thank goodness for DSL internet.
default_smile.png

My outlook right now is pretty grim. Anyone who knows me knows that I am NOT a crier. But that seems all that I have done the last 24 hours. They are telling me to not expect power back for 4 weeks.

All of my trees are broken and just stumps left. Almost all the power poles on my road are broken. I am lucky in that I am not on a well, so once we get above freezing I can at least run more water for my babies. REO is on a well and cant pump water out without power. And she HAD huge trees that are all broken now. She is lucky that none have fallen on her house.

I have been staying with my aunt along with about 30 other people. She has a generator and it is at least keeping us warm. I also have 2 kids, ages 2 and 6, and they are driving us crazy to put it mildly. LOL I have been driving out to my house 2x a day to feed the horses and check on things. Yesterday I opened my fridge and it was actually warmer in the fridge than in the house.

PLEASE pray for us that the temps will at least get up above freezing today. We are on day 4 of below freezing temps and I worry about some people here who are not as lucky and have no generator power or heat.

I will try my hardest to get my LB auction items mailed out this afternoon. IF the post office is open.
default_smile.png

Oh, Julie, I'm sorry to hear things are going so badly for you. With the ice covered landscape and the ice fog it seems as though we are on another planet besides earth.

They told us 4 weeks also. We are headed out today to search for more gas for the generator. Seems like MUCH longer than 4 days since the power went off. Good luck!

Hi Julie,

Let you know the weather should be warming up today to next week.

As the highs will 50's or so!...

I will NEVER forget our ice storm that we had in couple years ago!

It was like TORNADO hit here..
default_sad.png

As the trees are BROKEN and just leave stump, but we wait for a year later to removed the stump.

Hopefully and will PRAY for you all to get elec. back on SOON!...

Our electric was off for 10 days when we had the ice storm.

It was fun for few days then got BORED!.. hehe!!..

Then we went out and clean up and make sure any broken or loose limb that wouldn't fall on the miniature and the fence. Also the neighbors trees was on the road and GOOD thing that our neighbors has tractors, backhose to removed the trees off the roads.

Prayer is on the way!

God Bless

I am so sorry, my dear friends in southwestern Oklahoma, to read about your awful circumstances. We were lucky this time, but have certainly been where you are a couple of years back.

We got about a half inch of ice, then an inch of sleet, then about 6-8 inches of snow. Were prepared to lose electricity, as we usually do, but we had bought a generator after the last storm and our being without power for almost 2 weeks (all electric home). I'm thankful we didn't have to use it. Wish I could get it down to one of you! The electric company had been out in our area trimming back trees away from the lines about a month ago. I was so mad then because many of our beautiful big background trees were just buthered. But guess that's what saved us this time. We still haven't been out in vehicles yet, but our son made it over yesterday in his jeep.

I pray that the sun comes out and melts this mess soon, and that you guys get your power restored really soon.

Rita

Latest posts

Back