Hopefully my mare is close so anxious

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a pic of mercedes nice and clean with summer coat from about 3 mths ago. Very clean and pretty.P3016327.jpgmercedes.jpg

Just had to add this pic as so funny this is my shetland x 'Bullseye' he is daddy to mercedes foal and has been geldered about 8 mths ago. He had a piece of bread and must be in teeth... Thought he saying cheese to camera lol.P6196599.jpg

Ahhh Tasmania... Well I guess you're sort of from Australia then
default_whistling.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
Kidding! One of my mares came over from Tassie, from Southern Star stud.
default_thumbup.gif

If you're girls last owner planned her foaling season to line up with the what most breeders do then I don't think you'll see anything until August.

Colourwise she has a 50% chance of passing on her grey. You're just shy of an 88% chance of getting a bay foal with the rest being a shot at black or chestnut.

Of course if either parents is indded an appie then you also have a chance of spots.

Will get pic of udder today. She is rolling around a lot and seems to be away from gelding now where as she was always with him. And yes I am in tasmania australia very cold here at moment snowing at night about 15 minutes away from me.....
haha we were right
default_smile.png
love tasmania we went down there a few years ago
default_smile.png
I'm from Sydney. yeah I bet it would be cold down your way its freezing up here today!

I agree with Bree, I'm thinking August baby for you
default_smile.png
yay! hehe love the pic of daddy! my stock horse does that all the time hilarious!

I can see looks like she has dropped in last couple of days what do you think? 1st photo 19th 2nd today from behindP6196589.jpgP6216616.jpg

this one 2 weeks agoP6096570.jpg

This one todayP6216636.jpg

Tried to take pic of udder no luck to much hair they feel softer but no bigger.

Ahhh Tasmania... Well I guess you're sort of from Australia then
default_whistling.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
Kidding! One of my mares came over from Tassie, from Southern Star stud.
default_thumbup.gif

If you're girls last owner planned her foaling season to line up with the what most breeders do then I don't think you'll see anything until August.

Colourwise she has a 50% chance of passing on her grey. You're just shy of an 88% chance of getting a bay foal with the rest being a shot at black or chestnut.

Of course if either parents is indded an appie then you also have a chance of spots.
My mare here in foal is bred from southern star lol she is 12

Your guy is so cute in his pic. love the teethy grins
default_wub.png
your girl is looking good. I'm no good at guessing how long. But she's coming along beautifully. Looks like she may have dropped some

Thanks for the pics and update
default_smile.png
I think Bree could be right about an August baby but to make it more fun I think we should start placing our bets
default_yes.gif

8th August bay filly for me

Hey, I'll join in!! Sorry but cant see her going as far as August seeing the changes in the pics. So I'm going to give her a month and say 20th July and a baycolt with appy posibilities.
default_yes.gif

Are you an Anna too? Think I noticed it on one of your threads? Many years ago I lost contact with an old friend who lived on Tasmania - I think at a place called Latrobe?? She was a nurse and she and her hubby bred a few large horses, some of which she competed, and also kept (if I remember correctly) angora goats and bred Golden Retrievers and mini Fox Terriers. They both came back to stay with me for a short while in the late 1970's and it must have been sometime in the late 1980's that we lost touch - we moved, she moved and addresses got lost, you know how it is sometimes! I'm sure they will still be living on Tassie somewhere, but Latrobe is the only place name that I can remember. Nowhere near you I suppose??

Hey, I'll join in!! Sorry but cant see her going as far as August seeing the changes in the pics. So I'm going to give her a month and say 20th July and a baycolt with appy posibilities.
default_yes.gif

Are you an Anna too? Think I noticed it on one of your threads? Many years ago I lost contact with an old friend who lived on Tasmania - I think at a place called Latrobe?? She was a nurse and she and her hubby bred a few large horses, some of which she competed, and also kept (if I remember correctly) angora goats and bred Golden Retrievers and mini Fox Terriers. They both came back to stay with me for a short while in the late 1970's and it must have been sometime in the late 1980's that we lost touch - we moved, she moved and addresses got lost, you know how it is sometimes! I'm sure they will still be living on Tassie somewhere, but Latrobe is the only place name that I can remember. Nowhere near you I suppose??
Latrobe is about 40 mins from where I am! My name is Anna but I don't know anyone from Latrobe. I do hope my mare lasts a while as it far too cold for her foal I think.... Just anxious though hoping things are all good..

Yes, of course you are in the winter months now - I keep forgetting, sorry. Perhaps you could buy a small rug for the foal just in case it is needed? A lot of folks find that the dog rugs - Labrador size - make good foal rugs for new little ones.
default_yes.gif

I went smaller then labrador rugs for Finn. when he was a new born, tassy Anna, I would get some rugs especially if your having the cold weather that we have been lol

UPDATE 23/6 well it looks as though mercedes has dropped some more, and vulva relaxed and more small amount of dry blood. No sign of milk but after finding some info from her last couple pregnancies she does not get a big milk bag. I can see pulsating of teats not sure if that means anything. Apart from that she is holding tale out further.

So Mercedes is a Southern Star girl?

I don't want to be 'Ye Olde Fusspot' but earlier you mentioned pelvis issues that you now believe the old owner tells everyone that so they don't breed, I never heard anything like that when purchasing my mare and have nothing bad to say about the stud. Just out of concern for your girl do you have anything that confirms or denies the possibility of pelvis issues?

So Mercedes is a Southern Star girl?

I don't want to be 'Ye Olde Fusspot' but earlier you mentioned pelvis issues that you now believe the old owner tells everyone that so they don't breed, I never heard anything like that when purchasing my mare and have nothing bad to say about the stud. Just out of concern for your girl do you have anything that confirms or denies the possibility of pelvis issues?
She went to another stud when she was three that is the stud I was talking about. And it was hip She said pelvis at first but i rang her yesterday and funny as she thinks she will be fine very strange as was big issue now she says different.

She went to another stud when she was three that is the stud I was talking about. And it was hip She said pelvis at first but i rang her yesterday and funny as she thinks she will be fine very strange as was big issue now she says different.
Ah that makes more sense
default_smile.png

just after any ideas my pregnant mare has had clicking in rear heelfor few weeks it not bothering her at all and farrier says it is ok just added weight putting pressure on everything although it worse today but still not bothering her I have put her back in barn and am trying to find if this is normal and will pass when she has foal but it almost looks like it is dislocating when she walks. She doesnt hold it up at all so cant be hurting. Anyone heard of this??

your lovely girl is looking good! that must be a comfort coming from the previous owner saying it should be ok.

although makes you a little concerned with her changing her tune
default_frusty.gif
lol

Just read this thread! Any updates on your girlie? How is she doing? Still no baby?

Latest posts

Back