Hoosier Miniature Breeders Classic

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad
default_sad.png
....thanks for letting me know!

Wow, you could have bought a new herd of horses and hardly made a dent in your check book.

Wow, watching the sale made me feel ill. The prices for some really lovely horses were so low. When you think of the time, money and love people put into these horses it is very sad. No wonder it takes so long to sell a horse for a reasonably good price to a good home.
default_no.gif

Thanks for posting the link today, Neil

I would have loved to bid on loads of them by phone if my barn was not already full!!

I sure enjoyed getting to watch it, though it was sure sad to see the prices.

And they had all the horses in such tip top condition....just beautiful!!

Susan O.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leeana can you BELIEVE how nice the horses LOOK!
The horses did look nicer then their photos for the most part. I wish i had went now, some of those 3-in-1 packages went at amazing deals. Will have to go next year, and bring a large trailer
default_yes.gif

The prices really made my cringe though (because they were TO low, but also because i wasnt there to steal them away at that price lol).
default_laugh.png

They sold a buckeroo daughter really cheap too
default_wacko.png

Can someone post the prices - I have some but was so busy today I only caught part of the sale. The prices were way too low - very scary - not a good thing for the miniature horse market. I wish I could have watched the whole sale - and I am kicking myself for not getting a bidders number - but there were many people that got totally amazing deals!!!!!!!!

We are down here in Shipsy for the sale. Sat through all 100 horses tonight, and I must say it was

very sad how low the prices were. It was definitely a buyer's market tonight.

We sat on our hands and didn't buy anything, although there were many temptations. We drove the Mustang convertible down so we couldn't bring anything home with us.

The sale was very well run, the horses were presented well, and I think everybody had a good time!

Oh, and Ruffian is NOT going home with an empty trailer tomorrow....ask her which horse she bought!

default_wink.png
default_hypocrite.gif

Shelley

My good friend here in Ontario Canada has bought this lovely mare for only $750.00

LOT#36 OLIVE BRANCHS APPYS LUCKY LADY

AMHA 181696 HAPPY APPY

5/8/07 30" SIRE FALLEN ASH FARMS APPY FORCE

BLACK APPALOOSA FLYING W FARMS TEXAS BLUEBONNET

HIDDEN MEADOWS MISSING LINK APACHE

DAM MARDI GRAS LINKS LASTING IMPRESSION

HIDDEN MEADOWS WAIT TIL DARK

YEARLING FILLY

If you like refinement and elegance, you will love this black appaloosa filly! She is the daughter of Fallen Ash Farms Appy Force, who was Eastern Regionals Champion as a yearling, and granddaughter to the World Famous Happy Appy! This showy filly has appaloosa on the top and bottom of her pedigree and will make a great addition to your show and breeding program.

CONSIGNOR: OLIVE BRANCH FARM

My good friend here in Ontario Canada has bought this lovely mare for only $750.00

LOT#36 OLIVE BRANCHS APPYS LUCKY LADY

AMHA 181696 HAPPY APPY

5/8/07 30" SIRE FALLEN ASH FARMS APPY FORCE

BLACK APPALOOSA FLYING W FARMS TEXAS BLUEBONNET

HIDDEN MEADOWS MISSING LINK APACHE

DAM MARDI GRAS LINKS LASTING IMPRESSION

HIDDEN MEADOWS WAIT TIL DARK

YEARLING FILLY

If you like refinement and elegance, you will love this black appaloosa filly! She is the daughter of Fallen Ash Farms Appy Force, who was Eastern Regionals Champion as a yearling, and granddaughter to the World Famous Happy Appy! This showy filly has appaloosa on the top and bottom of her pedigree and will make a great addition to your show and breeding program.

CONSIGNOR: OLIVE BRANCH FARM
I am speechless...that was one of the horses that I was really, really thinking hard about. I have no business buying..but I would have LOVED to have that filly...and I just figured she would go way out of my price range...I am so amazed....and disappointed really that I missed out...
default_no.gif

Anyone know how much Lot #25 Little Kings Buck Commander went for? And lot #40 Little Kings Crimson Buckaroo?
default_smile.png

Here are the prices

1-2000

2-1000

3-850

4-900

5-350

6-950

7-1000

8-550 ns

9-700 ns

10-scratch

11-1800

12-NS

13-1300

14-1400

15-400

16-1700

17-1000

18-400

19-3900 NS takes 4500

20-3300ns

21-600

22-2500

23-600ns

24-1700

25-12000 ns takes 14000

26-725

27-2200 ns

28-1100

29-2100

30-6300

31-800

32-400

33-1000

34-750

35-500

36-750

37-650

38-1000

39-1500

40-7000 ns

41-950

42-1050

43-2250

44-3000 ns

45-650

46-800

47-3100

48-300

49-600

50-450

51-250ns

52-1500

53-700

54-900

55-400

56-1400

57-400

58-1400

59-1000

60-4600

61-320

62-1100

63-450

64-1300

65-1400

66-1050

67-800

68-1600ns

69-800

70-550

71-700

72-900

73-1000

74-1000

75-500

76-350

77-2500 with lot 89

78-1300

79-900

80-200ns

81-800

82-1250ns

83-500

84-700

85-350

86-600

87-850

88-800

89 part of lot 77

90-375

91-275ns

92-500

93-1100

94-350

95-300

96-775

97-500

98-550

99-400

100-900

Thanks for posting the $ amounts! Wow, I love Boozer After Dark so I just don't "get" the prices. I can't believe some of those prices. There sure were some "deals" there!! Wish I could have gone ---I had to babysit my grandkids and couldn't even watch the live feed.

Just got home from the sale. It was a blast! Yes, I did bring something home=my own colt. Taylor Made Senor Destino. I started tearing up
default_unsure.png
before he even stepped foot inside the ring. So I told hubby we were bringing him home. He cleaned up so beautiful! So now he's going to learn to show and drive.

I did sell my mare, she went to Tammy Streich in La Grange IN.

Yes, the sales were low considering where they were 5-7 years ago, but stop and think --- what would you think if someone told you they were going to the local Wal-Mart and drop $700 to $1000?? Price is relevant - the better horses brought the better prices. Plus the whole horse market is in the gutter, what with hay and grain prices what they are. I think overall they weren't bad. So I would have loved to sell Pebbles for $7000.00, but I got 3 nice foals out of her, so I'm good.

The sale was set up OK - I'd like to see matting or something in the ring, and more bedding in the stalls. One horse went down, as did the gentleman presenting!!! That concrete is just so slippery, even with the sawdust on top. The help was very nice and friendly, Garry is a sweetheart!! The tack did go pretty cheap, and he smiled and said let it go!! They kept the tack sale to 1/2 hour as promised. and started on time or very darn close. Double Diamond had their tack trailer there, and I loaded up on some great deals.

I believe Jay got his After Dark back. I hope so - I think he felt about AD as I do about Taylor
default_wub.png

The Buckeroo daughter had never had a foal, and so I think her price reflected that.

There was one tiny little mare that was just adorable - 25 1/2"!!

Some awful nice foals..

I bought 3 mares & Foals, a new EE cart, and a mini saddle (outside the ring)

-

-

-

The mares are going to Germany, the Cart to Tennessee, and the saddle to Saudi Arabia. I LOVE spending other people's money

Christina in Germany is going to be welcoming some beautiful horses to her home!!

But I buy a new show halter for $25.00

I would have loved to have brought Commander home - he is awesome! May still be working on a partnership on him . . .
default_wub.png

Crimson was nice also, but I liked Commander better, just personal preference.

Just got home from the sale. It was a blast! Yes, I did bring something home=my own colt. Taylor Made Senor Destino. I started tearing up
default_unsure.png
before he even stepped foot inside the ring. So I told hubby we were bringing him home. He cleaned up so beautiful! So now he's going to learn to show and drive.

I did sell my mare, she went to Tammy Streich in La Grange IN.

Yes, the sales were low considering where they were 5-7 years ago, but stop and think --- what would you think if someone told you they were going to the local Wal-Mart and drop $700 to $1000?? Price is relevant - the better horses brought the better prices. Plus the whole horse market is in the gutter, what with hay and grain prices what they are. I think overall they weren't bad. So I would have loved to sell Pebbles for $7000.00, but I got 3 nice foals out of her, so I'm good.

The sale was set up OK - I'd like to see matting or something in the ring, and more bedding in the stalls. One horse went down, as did the gentleman presenting!!! That concrete is just so slippery, even with the sawdust on top. The help was very nice and friendly, Garry is a sweetheart!! The tack did go pretty cheap, and he smiled and said let it go!! They kept the tack sale to 1/2 hour as promised. and started on time or very darn close. Double Diamond had their tack trailer there, and I loaded up on some great deals.

I believe Jay got his After Dark back. I hope so - I think he felt about AD as I do about Taylor
default_wub.png

The Buckeroo daughter had never had a foal, and so I think her price reflected that.

There was one tiny little mare that was just adorable - 25 1/2"!!

Some awful nice foals..

I bought 3 mares & Foals, a new EE cart, and a mini saddle (outside the ring)

-

-

-

The mares are going to Germany, the Cart to Tennessee, and the saddle to Saudi Arabia. I LOVE spending other people's money

Christina in Germany is going to be welcoming some beautiful horses to her home!!

But I buy a new show halter for $25.00

I would have loved to have brought Commander home - he is awesome! May still be working on a partnership on him . . .
default_wub.png

Crimson was nice also, but I liked Commander better, just personal preference.
Thank you for spending my money. You did a wonderful job doing so and I just knew I could count on you!
default_aktion033.gif

default_wub.png

Jr Schlabach and I bought Spartan for our new partnership "Strong Heritage Partnership"!!! We bought him as an outcross to our Buckeroo daughters. We're very happy! I also let Spartan go for cheap-But he went to a wonderful home!!!! Ellie Wheeler bought him

Jay Chupp

default_wub.png

Jr Schlabach and I bought Spartan for our new partnership "Strong Heritage Partnership"!!! We bought him as an outcross to our Buckeroo daughters. We're very happy! I also let Spartan go for cheap-But he went to a wonderful home!!!! Ellie Wheeler bought him

Jay Chupp

Hey no problem Sheryl - If you'd told me sooner, I could have spent more of it for you!!

default_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back