Lacey

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carly Rae

Reaction score
Hi!

I know this is a non horsey image post but I wanted to introduce you all to my dog Lacey!

Lacey is a 5 year old Border collie, she has the best personality and loves to play 'tug of war'. She is hopeless at playing with tennis balls, You throw it for her, she runs to get it and you are so happy that she is bringing it back and she will run toward you with the ball then at the last minute she will turn and run the opposite way like she is saying 'Na na, fooled ya!' So yeah playing with balls is more of a one sided fun game haha.

If you are wondering why she doesn't have 'proper'border collie markings is because she was the 'runt' of the litter. All of her siblings were fully coloured properly.

Here is how I got Lacey, Feel free to skip this (its kinda long haha) and just go to the Images but yeah
default_smile.png

The way I got Lacey is...

When I was 10, I was constantly begging mum and dad for a dog. I full on wrote pages and pages for them to read on why I want a dog. At that time I only had a Shetland stallion and he wasn't the kindest of ponies haha. But yeah I begged mum and dad for a dog over and over hoping they could give in, I precisely wanted a border collie because my auntie had a long haired Border collie called Paddy and I love him so much so I wanted one of my own
default_smile.png

Mum and dad kept putting it off saying 'Maybe when your older' or 'You don't want a puppy, Carly' Oh boy I did. I would show mum and dad all the border collie puppies for sale around us and they would just say 'Maybe' or 'Let me think about it' I swear i nearly drove them mad. But I wasn't going to give up.

I had grown up out west in a town with a population of 30 and all I ever had was Guinea Pigs and 2 cats, and I wanted a puppy. I wanted to have a dog so I could take it to doggy agility training because Paddy was too old (also my aunt wouldn't give him to me haha) So yeah, months of begging for a dog... I gave up.

I got tied of begging, so I decided to just wait until I was older. Them my mum and dad said that they had to go 1 hour out of town to get some car parts off my dads friend, so obviously I had to go, I was only 10. I fell asleep in the car, I really didn't want to go car trips were so boring. I was then woken up from my sleep which made me grumpy and mum said 'You have to come in so you are not in the car alone'

So I got up and followed my mum, and what did I see? PUPPIES! Pure Border collie puppies! there were about 8 of them all running around the back yard, The mother of the pups was out on the farm so we didnt get to see her. My dad said 'Here you go, you wanted a puppy, pick one' I was over the moon, i couldn't believe I'd actually own a puppy of my own!

I looked around and all the other pups were treading over a little one that was trying to sleep. Yep, I took her. My parents were not sure if we should pick a runt, but I was not changing. Now Lacey is 5 and I am 15 I hope to have her for much longer, she means the world to my family and she loves my dad more than anyone haha :p But yeah, Lacey Is probably the best pick I have ever had
default_smile.png

Thank you both, I hope so too.

Border collies are such obedient dogs and Lacey can be such a weirdo when she wants to be haha

Latest posts

Back