Holiday Parade today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We finally got to do a parade this year. The wind was blowing 35 mph all day, but the temperature wasn't too bad. I had lost my reindeer horns from last year, and couldn't find any new store-bought ones, so I had to make some. They are attached with zip ties and baling wire, and seemed to hold up all right.

The parade organizers told me to enter the parade with the horses. I had the only little horse, and the only harness outfit. But when I drove down toward the horses to join the group, some of the large horses didn't like the cart and bells, so the riders asked me to stay away! I drove behind the antique tractors instead.

Dapper Dan did just great! There was a rocket car in the parade a few vehicles behind us. Sometimes it would roar, and the first time DD was startled, but after that he didn't mind it. The only other thing he minded was when the wind blew our towed Christmas tree up BESIDE him!

The parade went very slowly, so we had time to stop and let children pet him and get his picture taken by lots of people.

mangum08.jpg

When we came up to the announcer, he announced us as "a little burro". There was a cry among the spectators, and he quickly corrected himself to "miniature horse"!

We were both glad to get home out of the wind. Whew!

mangum208.jpg

Awe! So cute!! It was very windy in this part of Oklahoma, too!! You did a great job on the home made antlers!!

That's funny about the big horses not liking the mini's rig, LOL!!

That looks like so much fun! And you did an awesome job on the antlers! If I tried to make something like that, you would be able to tell that they were home made because they would definitely not look like those. Very professional! Did you enter your horse in the Decorate Your Horse Contest pinned in the Miniature Horse forum?

Last edited by a moderator:
You both look great. But look at that wind blowing, wow. Bet u were glad to get out of that. Love your sleighbells.

Cute......Parades are fun when the crowd is excited. Love hearing the responses to the minis.

He looks so cute!!!! You and him both did a great job!!! Doing good in the wind is a good thing, too. Some of my horses do not "perform" well if it is too windy so way to go on many levels!!!

Very cute Marsha! I wanted to take a couple of ours to the parade in Altus, but somehow missed the advertising for it until the day of. You were very brave to get out in that wind! It was so bad that I lost my hat yesterday when I was mucking the dry lot! :eek:

Remember if you are an AMHR member, call and ask if they would like photos to post on the main website of local parades, etc.

Back