Hilltops Little Vegas

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jean, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your wonderful stallion. Thank you for sharing the story of how he came to you - and so very glad that he was able to live his best years with you.

You and I spoke earlier this year about our stallion, Dusty Lane Vegas Bet a Buck, a Vegas' son. We feel so blessed to have him - if he's anything like your Vegas, he must have been a great horse and also a friend. We call our boy Vegas, too - he's wonderful to be around, so gentle and friendly. I'll go out and give him a hug for you and for his sire.

I hope that your memories of Vegas and the wonderful life he had with you help you heal the hurt his loss has caused. My heart goes out to you at this sad time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Jean I was sad to see this... I remember how proud you were of this boy and with a good right!! Best of all you were true to your man..as he well deserved. We all have lots of memeries in these little guys wether we owned them or not...just remebering how we all use to try to find just the right mares and make the right choices...to make these little stallions in our lives the best they could be
default_wub.png
Hugs to you Jean..........Carrie

default_sad.png
So sorry for your loss. I have been a long time admirer of Vegas and his get. So sorry to see another great one go.
default_sad.png

I'm so sorry for your loss Jean...I still have my Vegas daughter Vegas Dance Line and LOVE her...she's such a kind/caring horse who has given me gorgeous babies that MOVE...her son Elvis has done his grandpa proud the last 2 years at nationals!

Tracy

I am so sorry for your loss.It is very difficult to lose any horse especially 1 you have had for so many years.Who was his breeder?Was it Marilyn Hoffman?She had a prefix of Hilltop which she started when she lived in NY overlooking New York City and was breeding Arabs before Minis

I am so sorry for your loss.It is very difficult to lose any horse especially 1 you have had for so many years.Who was his breeder?Was it Marilyn Hoffman?She had a prefix of Hilltop which she started when she lived in NY overlooking New York City and was breeding Arabs before Minis
Not to high jack the thread, but boy do you bring back the memories! I was just reflecting today on this year going out and the new beginning, and thinking of all us old timers. I last saw Marilyn at Nationals in 2007 and she is such a grand lady. Her horses were always Champions, Hilltops changed to HSF, Hilltops Stud Farm. Not sure if she bred Vegas or not, but he was a grand old guy! I remember going to Nationals and seeing his poster near Jeans Stalls, what a beauty.

I am so sorry to hear this ... he was absolutely breathtaking...

Liz N.

He was an icon of the miniature horse world, and a true, grand old man of this forum. I followed him from a distance and drooled over the photos you posted; I will miss him, as will so many. I am so sorry for your loss, yet so happy he had the wonderful fortune to spend much of his life with you.

I am so very sorry to hear about Vegas'passing, Jean. I know he held a special place in your heart and I also know how hard it is to lose one of those heart horses. My old fella passed away earlier this year and even when you know the time is coming it is still hard when it actually arrives. There is going to be a big hole in your paddock.

I remember seeing him in the magazines and on your website, and thinking what a wonderful little horse he was. Then when we came out to Wisconsin and met him in person I was even more impressed with him. We have been blessed to own his daughter, Dusty Lane Vegas Up In Smoke, our beautiful little Smore. She has been everything you could expect Vegas' daughter to be, not only a sweet and personable pet with plenty of spunk but an outstanding Champion halter horse, a Champion driving horse both in the breed show ring and the Pleasure Driving arena, and now a wonderful mother and producer of foals with their dam's and grandsire's desirable traits.

I know Vegas will be not only missed by you but many others too. Again, so very sorry.

I'm sorry, Jean,

I always thought he was gorgeous also!

Susan O.

I must say that every time I read about a mini who lived to be 30 years old surrounded by tender, loving care, I smile.

I am sorry for your loss but so happy that you gave that creature such a wonderful life. God bless and god speed.

Latest posts

Back