High Plains Foal Season 2021

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

elizabeth.conder

Reaction score
Thankful she didn’t go last night as I had back to back emergencies. First my dog got bit by a rattlesnake and had to go the emergency vet where he was admitted that was about 10:30. Then about 12:30 I found my 15 year old cat (who is my buddy and goes everywhere I go) severely hypoglycemic to the point she was barely responsive. So rushed her to the same vet. Didn’t get back till 1:30. Thankfully my sister was home and watched Rhythem for me. Boone (my dog) just had his second round of antivenom. And they are still trying to stabilize Happy’s (my cat) blood sugar.

That said. Rhythem is testing about 6.0 this morning and had a bit of wax. So it should be soon...

elizabeth.conder

Reaction score
Man she’s dragging this out. She looks and is testing ready but seems to be enjoying my exhaustion. Great news though. I got to bring my dog AND my cat home and they are both doing well. Poor pup is incredibly swollen and sore.

Attachments

Flying on boo

Reaction score
Man she’s dragging this out. She looks and is testing ready but seems to be enjoying my exhaustion. Great news though. I got to bring my dog AND my cat home and they are both doing well. Poor pup is incredibly swollen and sore.
I'm glad your dog and cat are doing better :)

Taz

Reaction score
So happy they are both home and doing well. Hopefully a baby and sleep soon.

Willow Flats

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
Your poor pup! That back leg has to be really stiff with all the swelling. He is such a cutie.
Time for the baby to arrive!!!!!!

elizabeth.conder

Reaction score
Finally testing 6.0! Means we should (in theory) have a foal in 24 hrs! But we already know how she feels about rules so I guess we’ll see.

elizabeth.conder

Reaction score
He’s finally here! Red pinto colt. Foaled about 1:36 this morning. Was a red bag so he was a bit slow getting growing. But he seems good now.

Attachments

Latest posts