Hi there, new here.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poodlepill

Reaction score
Glad to have this site, lots of great info to read.

I am new-ish to mini's but not livestock, I have owned llamas for the last 13 years and had quite a suscefull show carear with them. I showed them in halter, obstacle and driving........yes driving. I had a 2x National Driving Champion (obstacle and pleasure) I trained myself. I sold my llamas to my best freinds in the NW who are still activly showing and are having a ball driving and doing obstacles and such.

Now on to my new mini adventure............. I had a Mini/Shetland mix and a Arab/welsh mix (Welara) with my llamas about 8 years ago, the mini was trained to drive and I drove her in parades, and did obstacle driving, cones course, gamblers choice and a few others with a very acitve driving group. We also trained the Welara to drive and my husband drove her. I wanted to go full steam ahead with my Llamas so I sold my little horses.

My barn was empty and I knew I wanted Mini's again so now here I am. I just bought a 36" black/white pinto gelding 4 years old that is already trained to drive and got the cutest ever little Buckskin pinto 1 1/2 years old 32" colt that will be gelded soon and when of age trained to drive. They get along great right away and I am just smitten as both have really nice come to me personalities, just what I wanted.

I am in the Southern Illinois area, would love to meet some mini owners from this area or even (wishful thinking) a driving group? I love to do clicker training and training in general, my boys have no idea what I have in store for them, no couch potato's here LOL.

I am such a hands on do-it-yourself type person I went out and bought the tools and am already trimming their feet myself. I was nervous and it took about 3 different times over a week or so but now they look presentable and I have a good grasp on what I am doing thanks to the internet........oh my back!!!!

Look forward to chatting with ya'll

Welcome to the mini world. There is lots to be learned on this forum. I am from PA.. so not close enough to drive with you... but I am sure you will find some folks close by.

Enjoy your boys!

Hello from indiana
saludando.gif
you're gonna love it here,lots of great people and info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the welcome, while I am trying to figure out how to post pictures I updated my Avatar with my 2 boys. I know its small but that picture was taken only after about a 1/2 day together.

WELCOME FROM ONTARIO CANADA

Love your 2 boys enjoying resting together, how cute.

default_saludando.gif
Hello and welcome to the forum from NW Louisiana! I don't post alot, but you can bet I'm always here reading and learning and laughing and shedding a tear now and then, whether it be happy
default_yes.gif
, or sad
default_no.gif
unfortunately. It's a great place to share!

Hi there and welcome from Missouri. Got a chuckle out of your "couch potato" comment....because that's exactly what mine are. Love those lazy little ones.

Welcome from NW Illinois! Up here, the HAME club is very popular, but you'll probably find more people in your area through either the IMHOA or Show Me Little Equine clubs.

Here's IMHOA's site:

http://www.imhoa.com/

Show Me's appears to be down right now, but if you get the Journal they might have contact information in there. I believe both have hosted shows and clinics this year, so you could probably find some driving friends through them.

default_saludando.gif
Welcome from a fellow Southern Illinoisan!
default_saludando.gif
I consider my self new to the mini's(got the first one a year ago), although I have had big horses and farm livestock all my life. This is a wonderful place to find info and a wonderful bunch of people!
default_biggrin.png

Welcome to the forum!
default_saludando.gif

If you want to be in the best mini horse site that has all the best people (horse crazy folks LOL) then you're in the right place!

I love the pic of your boys!!!

Howdy - Glad to see your post. We are Hal & Deb Bryant - also in Southern Illinois.

Johnson City, is not far from us! Welcome to the neighborhood!

We have been raising, training and showing black and white driving and multiple hitches

for more than 20 years. We raise Registered Miniatures and Classic Shetlands.

We have LOTS in common - we have also broken llamas to drive.

Check out our web site and e-mail or call - would like to visit.

default_saludando.gif
hey and welcome from southern NJ
default_saludando.gif

haven't been on alot myself lately but I always get back in the habit. This is a great place to share ,good and bad and learn so much from so many great and experienced people

Latest posts

Back