Hi there, I've been lurking.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mororke

Reaction score
Hi all! Like many others I've seen today, I've had full sized horses most of my life, and currently have two. However, as a mother of two, riding doesn't happen as much as it used to and I started looking into miniature horses. Last March we purchased Max.

Max is a three year old stallion (I've had a lot of experience with full-sized stallions) and are trying to learn, and work with Max to get things moving forward. We've done a lot of ground work, and he does pretty well on a lunge line. Today I purchased some long reins, a caveson, and surcingle so we can start doing more than just going in circles and playing on the lead rope. I'm excited for upcoming spring and hope to start showing in the next year or so, we'll see how training goes.

I just wanted to step out of the shadows and say hello. The community I've seen here is a large reason that I went ahead with my decision to purchase a miniature horse, and I hope to become a helpful member of the community as well.

Wow, you've been busy. I'm glad you're out of the shadows so we can get to know you and Max better. Do you have photos of Max and his living quarters to share.

I don't have any animals at this time, but the thought of a mini just really appeals to me, so I hang out and learn so I'll be ready if the opportunity arises.

Hi there. Do you have photos of Max?

I guess photos would probably be helpful! Here he is! These are older pics as right now he's pretty fuzzy, and thanks to the constant mud in Oklahoma, dirty. Max is AMHA and AMHR registered as McSperitt's Maximus Thunder. You can see his pedigree here: McSperitt's Maximus Thunder

maxCon.JPG maxHead.JPG

He is so handsome. That top photo looks so pretty it would be lovely in a calendar.
I am glad to see that his coat (is that the correct term) is fussier during cold weather.

Thank you for the compliment, I really like him. Coat is definitely the correct term, and he currently resembles a blue eyed polar bear.

Latest posts

Back